• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Yveltal EX / Zoroark / Gallade

punkhazard36

Aspiring Trainer
Hey! So I'm trying to prepare a deck for Cities, but I'm torn on what to play. Here is what I'm currently testing!

Pokémon: 18
  • 2 Yveltal EX
  • 2 Yveltal (XY)
  • 1 Yveltal (BKT)
  • 4 Zorua
  • 3 Zoruark (BKT)
  • 2 Zoruark Break
  • 2 Gallade (BKT)
  • 2 Shaymin EX
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 30
  • 4 Professor Sycamore
  • 2 Judge
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 1 AZ
  • 1 Brigette
  • 1 Maxie's Hidden Ball Trick
  • 1 Hex Maniac
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 4 VS Seeker
  • 2 Muscle Band
  • 2 Float Stone
  • 2 Trainers' Mail
  • 2 Battle Compressor
  • 2 Shadow Circle
Energy: 12
  • 4 Double Colorless Energy
  • 8 Darknes Energy
Strategy:
I think this deck will not like any Manetric matchups, so I decided to go with the Gallade route. I've never played any Archie or Maxie decks before, so I'm not sure if the numbers are right or if other tweaks are needed. I'm currently running the two Shadow Circle as well, but I think three might be a better number if it comes down to a Stadium war against Rough Seas.

I am also testing out the BKT Yveltal. I think it's good in theory and think it has a place in the deck, but I haven't been able to prove it's effectiveness. A second copy might actually be better, but again, I think it might need some testing.

Any help or suggestions are appreciated! Thanks!

The_Samurott_Guy

Aspiring Trainer
My opinion is that all the Pokemon, Supporters, Stadiums an d energy's are all good.
But the Vs seeker might be a dead card .
My suggestion:
+1 Maxie's hidden ball trick
-1 vs seeker

punkhazard36

Aspiring Trainer
My opinion is that all the Pokemon, Supporters, Stadiums an d energy's are all good.
But the Vs seeker might be a dead card .
My suggestion:
+1 Maxie's hidden ball trick
-1 vs seeker
I was thinking a second Maxie would be good, but I wasn't sure what to take out for it. I can certainly try with 3 VS Seeker, but what makes it a dead card?

poke4trade

Raising Ash
Gosh. I hope you get a whole bunch of night march matches because this deck is gonna roll them.
I've tested this deck in standard and maxies is a bit more annoying to pull off. Without maxing out a 4/4 line of battle compressor, I think your deck might struggle a bit flipping Gallade. The one thing I've found when going for maxies is that reserved ticket actually works, though it's an all in mentality. However, I sort dig on the deck you built. What I would suggest is play zorak break, and when you hit Manetric/Regice break into Zorak and use Regice attack. It will force the opponent to play regice in the active, on the next turn use M Manetrics attack. Attach DCE to active Zorak, and then move it down for Zorak to setup a knock out. Hmm...Something like that?

Good Luck!

The_Samurott_Guy

Aspiring Trainer
Sorry, I forget that you played maintenance and if you have the maintenance you just shuffle it back.
It was a dead card because if you already had a supporter in your hand you could not get both away.

punkhazard36

Aspiring Trainer
I think it can handle Night March really well. I've also played against Gengar/Trevenant and it proved to be a pretty easy match up. I don't know if I could fit in 4 Battle Compressors, but maybe 3? I think 4 might be too much. As much as I like them, I could probably take out the two Trainers' Mail and put in a Maxie and another Battle Compressor. I also like the idea of Maintenance now that The Samurott Guy mentioned it. I was thinking if I went that route, I could replace the Trainers' Mail with Maintenance, then maybe replace a VS Seeker for another Maxie? I feel iffy about dropping a VS Seeker, but I'll have to test it.

awesomeMSG

Just a guy who wants to master Greninja BREAK
I have a gallade, but I use it's attack as well. Gallade reminds me of empoleon with archie, as a good support and attacker. I like attacking with gallade because I can attach the DCE to gallade when I go second and then use a switch or I use hawlucha with free retreat, and the hit for 130 for 1 DCE. And you could also run the fighting support, but just add energy and stadiums if you do.

If you do:
-1 AZ
-1 Judge
-1 Hex Maniac

+2 Strong Energies (isn't too useful for any other pokemon in this deck)
+1 Fighting stadium (Again isn't too useful for other pokemon, but is a counter stadium)

I like this idea because it can be very unexpected for your opponent. All of this can be debatable though, but it can make a better use of the gallade.

punkhazard36

Aspiring Trainer
I have a gallade, but I use it's attack as well. Gallade reminds me of empoleon with archie, as a good support and attacker. I like attacking with gallade because I can attach the DCE to gallade when I go second and then use a switch or I use hawlucha with free retreat, and the hit for 130 for 1 DCE. And you could also run the fighting support, but just add energy and stadiums if you do.

If you do:
-1 AZ
-1 Judge
-1 Hex Maniac

+2 Strong Energies (isn't too useful for any other pokemon in this deck)
+1 Fighting stadium (Again isn't too useful for other pokemon, but is a counter stadium)

I like this idea because it can be very unexpected for your opponent. All of this can be debatable though, but it can make a better use of the gallade.
My problem with this idea is I think it's dedicating too many resources to the deck and will cause it to lose focus. I'm not expecting Gallade to be used every game, but I want it to be there in case I need it, particularly for the Manetric matches. Perhaps if the deck was more focused on Gallade, those would definitely be worth considering, but I want to keep the deck focused on its core.

GCM808

Aspiring Trainer
What would your strategy be like for this? What would a game typically look like with the deck. Im just getting into pokemon and have a Zorark break deck. It works pretty well, but sometimes doesn't seem to stand up to higher hp pokemon that can one shot it. Just curious how you would want a match to go with this deck.

punkhazard36

Aspiring Trainer
What would your strategy be like for this? What would a game typically look like with the deck. Im just getting into pokemon and have a Zorark break deck. It works pretty well, but sometimes doesn't seem to stand up to higher hp pokemon that can one shot it. Just curious how you would want a match to go with this deck.
The great thing about this deck is its versatility. You use the XY Yveltal to power up Pokemon on the bench, Yveltal EX as a heavy hitter which is even more effective against Pokemon your opponent stacked energy on, BKT Yveltal for EX heavy decks, especially Seismitoad. While Toad sits there and does little damage, you can out damage it back and take out the Pokemon EX being setup on the bench or Shaymins. Even if Toad has a Muscle Band, the ability on Yveltal negates Pokemon Tools so the Toad is stuck doing 30 damage instead of 50. The Zoruarks are meant to switch in and out as needed, dealing damage to opponents who stack their bench. The opponent will have to be careful with how they play. Since all the versions of Yveltal are weak to Lightning, Gallade serves as a counter to Manectric. I also run Shadow Circle for this reason. Admittedly, I haven't been able to test the deck out a lot yet, but I think it's been doing well so far and I think it is great in theory. Apparently lots of people have been running a version of the deck and it's been performing well in Cities, but I haven't seen a single list yet so I have no idea what the winning decks look like. I was hoping to be ahead of the game and play a less known deck, but people will be expecting it now.

awesomeMSG

Just a guy who wants to master Greninja BREAK
Would you be okay with running maintenance? If so:

-1 judge
-1 brigdett (only pokemon non-EX that you can put on the bench are the yveltals)
-1 az

+3 Maintenance

punkhazard36

Aspiring Trainer
Would you be okay with running maintenance? If so:

-1 judge
-1 brigdett (only pokemon non-EX that you can put on the bench are the yveltals)
-1 az

+3 Maintenance
I'm currently testing some changes.

-1 AZ
-1 Brigette
-1 VS Seeker
-2 Trainers' Mail

+1 Maxie's Hidden Ball Trick
+4 Acro Bike

I'll play around more with Maintenance, and possibly add the other VS Seeker and drop an Acro Bike/Maintenance. Brigette can grab the Yveltals as well as the Zoruas, but I found the card to be under utilized. Getting the bench full is never a problem.