Discussion Is Vaporeon a Two-Of in Decks?

dkatz2003

Aspiring Trainer
So with all the hype that houndoom ex and mega houndoom ex is receiving I have been thinking that things like vespiqueen and dugtrio need an extra vaporeon to deal with them.
I really want to know how the beachgoers would approch eeveelution decks in this new standard format.

I feel like it's a toss-up of which eevolutions to use. From what I have seen and heard from locals you just have to notice what decks people seem to play the most when debating on which eevolutions to use.

However, for larger tournaments like league challenges and regionals, you have to use your best guess on what people are going to be playing, since there are just so many people at larger tournaments.

Then there's your own deck to consider. What if you already use a Stage 1 Water deck? Why would you even consider vaporeon, for style points? You're just going to have to look around at recent forum posts and see if any local tournaments have posted the winning decks and make your best guess, because tomorrow is the first League Challenge that I know of that BREAKthrough is legal in.

I think the hype is just testing for tournaments TBH. It won't do well in Expanded due to Archie's Blastoise, and in Standard there are already many counters for it. While 160 is pretty good, it won't be good until Max Potion gets reprinted in English. I think the hype, if any (I haven't seen it), will die down by December.

Back