• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard M Manectric EX / Yveltal EX for Cities

Dfwallace2

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon: 14
  • 4 Manectric EX
  • 3 M Manectric EX
  • 2 Shaymin EX
  • 1 Jirachi (Promo XY67)
  • 2 Yveltal EX
  • 2 Yveltal (XY 78)
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 33
  • 4 Professor Sycamore
  • 2 Professor’s Birch Observation
  • 1 AZ
  • 1 Hex Maniac
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 4 VS Seeker
  • 3 Manectric Spirit Link
  • 2 Weakness Policy
  • 1 Professor's Letter
  • 1 Switch
  • 1 Escape Rope
  • 1 Tool Retriever
  • 2 Muscle Band
  • 2 Rough Seas
  • 2 Shadow Circle
Energy: 13
  • 6 Lightning Energy
  • 5 Darkness Energy
  • 2 Double Colorless Energy
Strategy:

This Manectric EX deck is built to give it a chance against Giratina as well as fighting based decks. The basic premise is to get the M Manectrics going as soon as possible with the help of the spirit links, then use tool retriever to re-use the spirit link for another Manectric and replace with a muscle band or weakness policy depending on the matchup. Flexibility is built in to the deck to allow for using the shadow circle stadium in combination with the dark energy as an additional way to deal with the fighting weakness and Yveltal EX’s weakness to Lightning based decks. In testing, the deck can execute its strategy consistently but still loses easily to fighting based decks (but not an auto loss as it once was). The deck seems to have an even to favorable matchups against most other decks that I’ve tested against (Night March, Vespiquen, Rayquaza) but has unfavorable matchups against Sceptile EX and Fighting Decks. I’ve tested it with cards such as Skyla, Flash Energies instead of shadow circle, etc. but those options didn’t seem to help improve the unfavorable matchups. Any ideas for improvement or should I scrap the dark part of the deck and switch back to the more consistent Articuno / Regice combination with Mega Manectric EX for upcoming cities?

You may want to consider a battle compressor. You can discard some energy from your deck, then turbo bolt it on to Yveltal. 2 weakness policy is always good, but if you play against a deck that has no type advantage, it doesn't help. Also consider flash energy. The special form of lightning energy, it prevents weakness as well as providing energy. That way you can muscle band it.

I would suggest battle compressor and mega turbo. Battle compressor like Numelz Numelz said can discard energy and also supporters. VS seeker can put the supporters in your hand from the discard, energy in the discard can help power up Yvaltal, and help mega turbo to power up mega manetric. You could also run dangerous energy so you can do more damage when a pokemon ex attacks you.

Back