Discussion Seaking Discussion

pokedan24

Aspiring Trainer
Seaking – Water – HP90
Stage 1 – Evolves from Goldfish Cracker

[W] Wet Horn: 10+ damage. This attack does 80 more damage if this Pokemon was healed during this turn.

[C] Assault: 40 damage. This Pokemon does 10 damage to itself. Stop hitting yourself!

Weakness: Grass (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 1

I tested a deck using this, Rainbow Energy, Jynx, and Dugtrio (which I might post in deck garage). Dugtrio and Rainbow Energy put damage counters on Seaking for Jynx to heal and allow wet horn to do 90 for 1. Dugtrio can also serve as an attacker and if all else fails, there's assault (which can set up a wet horn next turn). It works surprisingly well for a deck with no pokemon above 90HP. But I'm wondering if there's any other ways to damage yourself and heal. So far, all I can think of are a few stadiums one that heals 30 from water and lighting and the magma which does 20 to all non magma).

NintendoAlian

Frontier Brain
After I opened my box, I was looking through cards and looked at this. My idea was with Rough Seas and to use Assault to take damage then heal with Rouge Seas, but this works so much better. I don't know about Dugtrio, but maybe Flareon or Jolteon AOR. The main problem I had with this deck (and to a lesser extent Noctowl) is that 90 HP is really weak, so you'll probably get knocked out before you can heal anything. Also, since it only has 90 HP, you need to two shot EXs before they can knock you out, which is something that can easily be done. The only way I see this working is with Assault Vest(the tool, not the attack) so Toads, Giratinas, etc. can't easily knock you out.

pokedan24

Aspiring Trainer
I'm debating whether or not I should even bother with Dugtrio and go with Magma's Secret Base for damage. Just going all Seaking leaves more deckspace andbenchspace. I often find myself with no room to put everything down (I also run Eeveelutions and Octillery).

GengarGuys

"Pickle Enthusiast"
Well just going with Seaking may be inefficient because you will have less attackers. I might go with a 2-2 line of Zoroark or since grass decks mess you up you could play Combat Blaze Entei. Just some spit balling here.

pokedan24

Aspiring Trainer
Yeah, Dugtrio or some other attacker (Hawlucha? Dedenna?) is definitely needed. Otherwise, the deck struggles to keep up. Some other problems I've encountered; starting with a non attacker, retreating, having too many cards in the hand for Octillery (the last one can be solved with shuffle and draw cards).

GengarGuys

"Pickle Enthusiast"
Here is my list for the Pokemon lineup.

Pokemon: 15
4x Seaking
4x Goldeen
3x Hawlucha
2x Jynx
2x Shaymin-EX

Happy Thanksgiving!