Discussion Zoroark / Vespiquen / Deoxys

GengarGuys

"Pickle Enthusiast"
Heyo, Gengar here with a new deck you guys could try out and I want to know what you guys think of how much competitive viability the deck could have. So the strategy is pretty much to attack with Deoxys (ROS) early on to get draw support and some early damage, then you start hitting them with Zoroark (BRT) because it will be later in the game and they will probably have a decent amount of benched Pokemon by then. Then once you run out of Zoroarks you can clean up with Vespiquen (AOR). Also here are the cards just incase you don't know what they do.
XY8_EN_91.png
XY7_EN_10.png
XY6_EN_33.png

I have two questions. Firstly, why don't you just run 3-3 or 4-4 Zoroark and 3 Deoxys? If you do run those amounts with 3-3 Vespiquen you are going to both miss the damage needed to do those 1-hit KOs as well as have a bit of cluttering and lack of consistency.

Secondly, I feel like the deck at present time is very counterable. For Zoroark, it isn't all too difficult to only put perhaps three Pokemon on your bench to prevent 1-hit KOing while getting 1-hit KO'd back. Deoxys is fairly similar, as it doesn't really do a particularly great amount of damage. Vespiquen feels difficult to set up.

To start, there's an over reliance on DCE. Both of your attackers use DCE to get their attack set up, but unless you run two 2-2 lines of Zoroark and Vespiquen, you're going to run more Pokemon that rely on DCE than DCE itself.
What really makes this deck crumble is Xerosic. If they can get a Xerosic and VS Seeker while still knocking out your Pokemon, then you'll run out of energies in no time.

Back