Not open for further replies.

Vom

livin' in a lonely world
Forum Mod
grnUEHI.png

Credit for the awesome banner goes to @bbninjas! <3

Hello, one and all, welcome to PokéBeach's Clan's Headquarters! :D

"Huh? What's this about?"

Well, imaginary audience, I'm glad you asked! This is the thread where all the clans in PokéBeach (and their leaders, members and achievements) will be listed.

If you give me a few minutes of your life (that you were gonna spend on PokéBeach anyway) I'll explain all of this to you.

THE IDEA

The concept of a clan is simple. It's basically a group of people who do/play the same thing, and being in a clan helps them grow and learn from other people. It's what the TCG folks call 'Teams'. Yeah, I think so too. Clans>Teams.

There is a leader and administrators, clan members who have earned their leader's trust. And, of course, there are the members of the clans.

THE ORGANIZATION

Like mentioned before, there are leaders, members, and sometimes admins. The hierarchical order goes Leader>Admins>Members.

If you're a member and have concerns/suggestions/comments for your clan leader, you have to give them to an Admin first, and then they will either handle it on their own if possible, or notify the leader.

Here are the responsibilities suggested for the leader and the members, the Admin's will be handled by each clan differently.

• Taking care of the clan members.
  • Addressing the inquiries of their Admins/Members within a reasonable delay.
  • Declaring war against other clans.
  • Signing peace with other clans.
  • Making alliances with other clans.
  • Accepting duels from their clan's Members or Admins.
  • Keeping track of the clan's resources.
  • Participating in war if you're selected to.
  • Telling the admins any inquiries you might have.
  • May challenge the current clan leader to a duel. A duel is a Best-of-3 battle in a format of the challenger's choice, with the only restriction being no Legendary Pokémon are allowed. For a list of Legendary Pokémon, go here. This is done to show your skill to the leader. If you win, you will receive 50 points.
  • Having fun!

WAR
  • To declare war, the leader or all of the clan's admins must PM both me and @Yakkov and the opposing clan's leader (in the same PM), along with the name of the other clan involved as well as a list of participating members.
  • Once the other clan replies with their own list, the War Period will begin. It lasts until everyone involved in the war has battled (or a month, whichever comes first), and then the winner is determined based on what clan has the most wins.
  • If possible, the challenged clan must reply with a list with the same number of members as the challenger clan. If it's not possible, all of its members must go to war, and the clan with the most members must drop members from the list until both lists have the same number of members.
  • The winner clan's leader will receive a Pokémon of their choice from the opposing clan's leader's team, which will go to the clan's resources. All other participants of that clan will receive 10 Clan Points each.
  • The not-so-winner clan's leader will lose a Pokémon from their team of their opponent's choice. All other participants of that clan will receive 5 Clan Points each.
  • For simulator-based clans, the winner will choose a Pokémon of the opposing leader's team. That leader's team cannot use that Pokémon until they obtain it again.
  • No more than 10 persons per clan may participate in war during any given time. This means you can be in war against 10 clans at the same time if you only send 1 member per war; against 5 if you send 2 members per war, or against 1 if you send all 10 to war.
  • You cannot decline a declaration of war.
  • After a war, a clan must wait a month before being able to declare war again.
  • All battles must be saved and PM'd in the War PM, whether they're battle videos or replays.

PEACE/ALLIANCES

• Peace can only be made during a War Period.
  • To make peace/an alliance with another clan, you must reach an agreement with the other clan leader, and only after you reach said agreement you must PM both me and @Yakkov, as well as the other clan leader, with your agreement, meaning the things both parties agreed to. These could be anything, from giving Clan Points, Pokémon, helping out during war, etc. The only thing not allowed is the transfer of members, unless the member(s) concerned is(are) willing to change clans. If this is the case, you must include them in the same Peace/Alliance PM you send.
  • For Simulator-based clans, if you wish to include Pokémon in an offer (and the offer is accepted) you must remove that Pokémon from the clan's resources and it cannot be used until its species is obtained again by any member of the clan.
  • The conditions listed in this PM will be treated as a Peace Treaty (for peace) or Pact (for alliances). If any of the conditions listed in these is not respected, a post made by me or @Yakkov in this thread will notify you that you're no longer in peace/an alliance with the other clan.
  • If another clan wants to make peace with you, you're not allowed to include War Help in the Peace Treaty. Likewise, if you're offering peace to another clan, you're not allowed to include War Help in your offer.
  • If you make peace with another clan, neither you nor them will be able to declare war to each other as long as the Peace Treaty is respected.
  • If you make an alliance with another clan, neither you nor them will be able to declare war to each other, as long as the Pact is respected.
  • Peace Treaties and Pacts have a default duration of 3 months, after which they may be renewed with the same or with other conditions. However, if both parties agree to a duration, said duration overrides the default one.
  • If there currently are 3 or less clans, no Peace Treaties or Pacts can be made.

NEW CLANS *NEW CLANS CANNOT BE FOUNDED FOR THE TIME BEING*
  • To found a clan, you must PM both me and @Yakkov with your clan name, motto and a list of at least 5 members.
  • New clans will have a 2-week war immunity. This means they cannot be challenged to war by anyone. If they declare war on another clan, they will lose this immunity.
  • If there are only 2 clans, they won't be able to fight each other for 2 weeks.
  • After your clan is approved, you have to PM me and @Yakkov a draft of your OP before posting it. After we give it a go, you may post it.

GENERAL INFO
  • A clan's resources are a clan's total of Clan Points, as well as all of the Pokémon of all the members of the clan.
  • Clan Points may be won (or lost) through war, Peace Treaties, Pacts, challenges, tournaments or events.
  • Points are different than Clan Points. Points are a member's individual points, but they can't be used to buy anything. They're more like a ranking than anything else. More points means you're higher-ranked.
  • If ever you want to know how many points you have, simply PM me or @Yakkov.
  • Some events will award points, others will award clan points, others will award both.
  • From time to time, there will be a clan tournament, where the clans send their best 5 to battle all other participant clans' chosen ones. There will be a 2-week notice, so that clans may sign up and find the 5 members they wish to send to the tournament.
  • Clans can freely organize inside tournaments or events, as long as all the coordination is done in a QT, Skype Room, or any non-public means. However, they must notify me and @Yakkov before starting.
  • All battles (except for Duels) will be Ubers format and use the PokéBeach's Official Sixth Generation Ban List.
  • You may use any means to communicate with the other members of your clan-be it Skype, QT, the site's PM system, etc.
  • Clans may not have more than 1 clan thread at any given time.
  • Clans may have clan-specific rules/mechanics, as long as said rules/mechanics aren't against the site rules or these rules.

SIMULATOR-BASED CLANS

For obvious reasons, simulator clans will work differently from Game clans in some aspects:
  • Think of Pokémon as species rather than as individuals. For example, if Clan A loses their leader's Chansey to Clan B by any means, the whole clan will be unable to use Chansey in any team.
  • When a clan is started, the leader can include a signature Pokémon that is to be present at every battle any member of the clan has.
  • When a clan is started, a list with Pokémon they can use will be issued and PM'd. Species not in the list cannot be used until obtained by any means. If you're unsure of what species your clan can use PM me or @Yakkov, we'll answer gladly ^.^
  • There will be monthly tournaments for simulator-based clans in order to win different Pokémon to use.

Have fun! :D

King Arceus

Aspiring Trainer
Elite Member
Advanced Member
I wanted to know if we could make clans that strictly deal with VGC rules. Reasons:
- Tournaments that give out Championship Points towards Worlds use this format. This would give players who are interested in this format a chance to practice.
- Some members don't really have an interest in OU, but are interested in VGC

Vom

livin' in a lonely world
Forum Mod
I wanted to know if we could make clans that strictly deal with VGC rules. Reasons:
- Tournaments that give out Championship Points towards Worlds use this format. This would give players who are interested in this format a chance to practice.
- Some members don't really have an interest in OU, but are interested in VGC
You could, but I don't think you'd find many other clans that use the same rules. Besides, some events/tournaments will be VGC ^.^

P.S: For the time being, new clans cannot be made.

Equinox

Stallwart Player
If you make a competitive clan on here, does it have to abide by the same rules as the simulator-based clans? (Yes, I am aware it is not possible to make another clan right now, I was just wondering if it would be possible to create a clan without such bindings)

Vom

livin' in a lonely world
Forum Mod
If you make a competitive clan on here, does it have to abide by the same rules as the simulator-based clans? (Yes, I am aware it is not possible to make another clan right now, I was just wondering if it would be possible to create a clan without such bindings)
If it runs on a simulator, then yes.
As long as your clan uses the video games, it is not subject to simulator-based rules.

Equinox

Stallwart Player
If it runs on a simulator, then yes.
As long as your clan uses the video games, it is not subject to simulator-based rules.
Or, actually, with the same regard to the rules and what-not, could someone make a competitive simulator based clan without such bindings

Vom

livin' in a lonely world
Forum Mod
Or, actually, with the same regard to the rules and what-not, could someone make a competitive simulator based clan without such bindings
No, sorry. Not for now, anyway.

Vom

livin' in a lonely world
Forum Mod
The Tervari and the Conquest clan are now at war!

Celever

Wheeeee~
The clans project is going to be closed down, unfortunately. Activity was too low. It will be reintroduced when we feel there is sufficient interest. :)

In this run there was one war between Tervari and the Conquest Clan, which the Conquest Clan won 2-1, with one battle not happening. Thank you to everyone who took part in that war. <3

This thread and both of the clans threads will be locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.