• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Night March / Hex Maniac for Cities

Ghazernado

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Pokemon: 15
  • 4 Joltik
  • 4 Pumpkaboo
  • 4 Lampent
  • 3 Shaymin-EX
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 41
  • 4 Hex Maniac
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 2 Professor Sycamore
  • 4 Acro Bike
  • 4 Roller Skates
  • 4 VS Seeker
  • 4 Battle Compressor
  • 4 Dimension Valley
  • 1 Switch
  • 4 Trainers' Mail
  • 4 Muscle Band
  • 4 Ultra Ball
Energy: 4
  • 4 DCE
Strategy:

This strategy of this deck is very simple, go as fast as you can and throw Night Marchers away, Hex Maniac T1, and shut down your opponent with the crazy damage output. Although Aegislash exists and you only have 4 DCE's, a playset of Maniac, Compressor, and VS Seeker takes care of that pretty well. Being a one-prize attacker makes you advantageous in the prize-trade, and you plain run over many decks in the format.

double o squirtle

Sweet Summer Child
I'd suggest that you add a few lightning energy in the chance that you come up against another night march, enhanced hammers or a Giratina on top of Aegislash as well. Also you might want to include some revives in case too many night marchers are discarded.

gumball51321

*thumbs up*
aegislash/ vileplume. watch out for that, especially if you are a senior

here's a thought, add entei( combat blaze) 3 fires and 1 blacksmith. honestly, you only need 2 hex maniac and you need 4 sycamore

Last edited by a moderator:

Jayt88

Aspiring Trainer
Won't you be pretty much screwed if you face a fully setup Giratina? Even if you manage to demolish 2 EXs within the first 2 turns, there is a high chance the 3rd turn will see a ready-to-go Giratina. Other than that, You will also lose trades if your opponent runs a low or no EX count. But I guess Night March is a high risk high reward deck. So going all out damage seems like a strategy. But like what the others said, 2 more sycamore over 2 Hex maniac will probably get you greater consistency, you can always battle compress the hex maniac if you are up against an Aegislash.

Good luck!

bradon

Aspiring Trainer
1-1 Milotic can help get back DCE or a crucial trainer to push for game. I'd take out a Hex and a Mail for them.

gumball51321

*thumbs up*
1-1 Milotic can help get back DCE or a crucial trainer to push for game. I'd take out a Hex and a Mail for them.
bad idea, your already OHKO'd by just about anything. the fact that you give your opponent a free prize can really set you back.

Ivy_Profen

Aspiring Trainer
I think ur thinking of a different milotic. You are thinking of energy grace one. There is one that evolves and takes a card from the discard.

bradon

Aspiring Trainer
bad idea, your already OHKO'd by just about anything. the fact that you give your opponent a free prize can really set you back.

Wrong milotic. I'm talking about the primal clash one. This deck doesn't even run any basic energy so that one wouldn't work. The primal clash one gets around hex maniac too.

gumball51321

*thumbs up*
oh ok. but I still say it is a bad idea(but I haven't tested so I wouldn't know). but I didn't read all of it, so I don't know if if someone said specifically which one until now

Bandalod

Aspiring Trainer
My reccommendation
-2 Acro Bike
-4 Roller Skates
-2 Trainers Mail

+2 Bronzor
+2 Bronzong PhF
+4 Metal Energy

Bronzong makes night march so much faster, allowing you to have a consistant 2 or more Night Marchers set up at a time. This allows for 6+ setups, compared to the regular 4. As well as that, it allows you to setup on Pumpkaboo if you either run out of, or cannot get to D-Valley without the use of 2 DCE.
I know it may conflict with Hex Maniac, but you can play that after you use Metal Links for acceleration.

poke4trade

Raising Ash
I think I'd go with Miloatic setup before I went with the bronzong setup. Milaotic allows you to pull from the discard. Because it pulls from the discard, the deck puts the opponent in a predicament of taking out Miloatic or the attacker. Also, this allows you to get your Hex maniac out in two different ways. Either from the deck, or discard, if you are short on VS seekers.