• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Seismitoad EX / Empoleon for Regionals

theripricardo

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon (12)
  • 2 Lugia EX
  • 2 Empoleon
  • 1 Shaymin EX
  • 3 Regice
  • 4 Seismitoad EX
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums (40)
  • 2 Archie's Ace in the Hole
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 3 Professor Birch's Observations
  • 2 Giovanni's Scheme
  • 4 Professor Sycamore
  • 1 Ace Trainer
  • 3 Acro Bike
  • 3 Crushing Hammer
  • 3 Maintenance
  • 1 Super Rod
  • 2 Switch
  • 3 Trainers' Mail
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 4 Muscle Band
  • 3 Rough Seas
Energy (8)
  • 4 DCE
  • 4 Water Energy
Strategy:

I really like to try Seismitoad empoleon for next regionals in a week.
The strategy is trying to get trainer lock and empoleon on field as soon as possible, killing most of Pokemon Ex in 2 / 3 attacks. Regice is a good move against decks with ex pokemon only. maybe should include Aegislash Ex to prevent DMG from Pokemons with special energies (toad giratina decks)

Need a little help with this list.

Thank you

Chichi

Aspiring Trainer
I have been trying extremely hard to make this deck work myself. Im glad I'm not the only one who wants this deck to work haha. For starters, I'm not sure if you are going to be needing the lugias in the deck for the reason that you only have a limited amount of DCE to go to Toad or regice and then a possible lugia. The deck seems to have a lot of options, but making your deck consistent is what is going to land you wins. I do however like the idea of running lugia with empoleon + muscle band for 120 attack (with DCE of course) base. But decide on regice or lugia route, as it will make your deck very consistent. I like to run 3 seismitoads instead of 4 because most of the time, you will be able to obtain the toad turn one or two. I also noticed that you are not running VS seeker. As i can understand that you have no room in the deck for it, i would strongly recommend making room for them as they do happen to clutch a last minute victory. If you included the vs seekers, you can drop your Giovanni's scheme down to one, one trainers mail, and possibly a single birch. As a toad player myself, i found that running head ringers became most of my opponents nightmare due to the fact that they are forced to xerosic it off as their supporter to attack. I run two in my deck and have found that with an item lock and head ringers, it forces your opponent to dig through their deck for anything they can use to counter a item lock, which usually means to sycamore important resources away. If your opponent does not run many Ex's, simply discard them with ultra ball but most of the time, turn two you will most likely be able to get rid of them to use archies. Again, this is based off my deck so it might not fit this empoleons criterial. I run 6 energies, as sometimes i am forced to use a water energy to retreat if my switch was prized, discarded, or put under item lock. It does significantly allow a better tactic to the deck because you are less conscience about discarding a water energy if you had to ultra ball. Ace trainer is also a card I would not put in the deck, as it can only be used under certain conditions. I believe running one more additional shaymin will allow you to get more draw power as well. Having one, there is a possibility it could be prized, but having two will increase these odds. I am by no means a professional, but i do love this deck and i will try this deck out myself. Hope this helped!

cards to consider to exclude:
-1 Giovanni's scheme
-1 Ace trainer
-1 Trainers mail
-2 Lugia or regice
-2 Switches
-1 Super Rod

cards to consider to include:
+3 Vs Seekers
+2 Head ringers
+2 Water energy
+1 Shaymin

I understand that the pokemon have very large retreat cost, so you may keep them and find out two cards to get rid of. again i hope this helps your deck out, the switches of course i mean

poke4trade

Raising Ash
Ha guys, I've worked with this deck a lot and it works well if you setup and flip the archies during early game. I know this sounds a bit crazy, and you can ignore me on this, but if you want some real consistency to archies or maxies play reserved ticket w/octillery or shaymin. I found this out in my testing, and I usually flip for archies on first or second turn.

Reserved ticket allows you to put any card on the top of the deck if heads. Octillery allows you to draw up to five. Usually the combination you are looking for is Battle Compressor/Ultra ball/Vs Seeker. Because Octillery and Shaymin allow you to draw that card you pull out, you can pull it out on a heads first turn with a shaymin. The funny thing is, you don't always need a reserved ticket, but it can be played at any point of the game to limit your hand size for the maxie or archies. It is a fail card, which is what is needed instead of a maintenance that draws one card. I'd suggest reserved ticket instead of maintenance or hammers. And then I'd suggest to squeeze 2/2 line octilery and another Shaymin into the deck.

However the deck has bad matches with night march and Vespqueen. Toad is a great attacker for the deck, but vespqueen only need four unknowns for the knock out. The deck looses the prize card exchange, I've been racking my brain for a basic 30 to 20 output card to fit in the deck for those matchups.

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
Hi folks,

Consider Glalie Ex as a secondary attacker that also acts as a cleaner. He has another weakness which makes the Vespiquen match up a little batter and he can ohko with Muscle Band and Empoleon. Splash in one or two Faded Town and call it a deck. Sure you need to adjust your trainer line and run Octillery over Shaymin Ex but the former one is better for control decks anyway.

poke4trade

Raising Ash
Hi folks,

Consider Glalie Ex as a secondary attacker that also acts as a cleaner. He has another weakness which makes the Vespiquen match up a little batter and he can ohko with Muscle Band and Empoleon. Splash in one or two Faded Town and call it a deck. Sure you need to adjust your trainer line and run Octillery over Shaymin Ex but the former one is better for control decks anyway.

Thanks. I'll give it a try! :0)

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
No problem. Here is a video that might be of interest:

Just make sure to Battle Compressor Empoleon and Archie as soon as possible to make use of it.

LinX336

Aspiring Trainer
I use the slow build, piplup/rare candy. It's not as quick but it consistently gets you a 70 damage quaking punch turn two. Also who cares about Glailie when Toad's grenade hammer does 130 base, extended to 210 with 2 Empoleons, band and Giovanni (Sensational but not too impossible). Also I will be at Newport Regionals if that's the one you're refering too! :D

Numelz Numelz

Ariadoney Clear Nail Polish
2 Archies is good, but run 1 pip lump and 1 prinplup. There might be that exeggutor or vanilluxe to worry about. Also, for Lugia, you need more energy than 4 dce. Or drop 1 maintenance and run another Archie.

LinX336

Aspiring Trainer
I've yet to see a compelling ace in hole deck in standard. Since Jirachi-ex, Computer Search/Dowsing machine and eggecute (propagation) have left the format, it all feels too horribly inconsistent for me :s Prove me wrong though folks, I wanna tech in that new Gallade so bad!

kingqazbatt

Aspiring Trainer
4 Empoleon BKT 38
2 Regice AOR 24
3 Seismitoad-EX FFI 20
1 Rough Seas PRC 137
4 Trainers' Mail ROS 92
1 Professor Birch's Observations PRC 159
1 Giovanni's Scheme BKT 162
4 Reserved Ticket BKT 147
4 Maintenance FFI 96
4 Acro Bike PRC 122