Vespiquen Variants

GengarGuys

"Pickle Enthusiast"
I will say Aegislash EX is the worst matchup, unless we play blacksmith and/or Entei it's nearly auto loss.
I personally would play 2 Hex Maniac to get around the Aegislash EX. I play 2 because if one is prized then it can be an auto loss.

ToToLaw

Aspiring Trainer
I personally would play 2 Hex Maniac to get around the Aegislash EX. I play 2 because if one is prized then it can be an auto loss.

the problem of playing hex maniac is, it shuts your own ability too. assume we play the eeveelution variant, Flareon is being blocked too. so we will need 15 pokemon in discard, or 13 pokemon and muscle band to OHKO Aegislash EX, which is difficult especially in early game. other variants like night march may OHKO an Aegislash EX easier, but not by vespiquen.

GengarGuys

"Pickle Enthusiast"
the problem of playing hex maniac is, it shuts your own ability too. assume we play the eeveelution variant, Flareon is being blocked too. so we will need 15 pokemon in discard, or 13 pokemon and muscle band to OHKO Aegislash EX, which is difficult especially in early game. other variants like night march may OHKO an Aegislash EX easier, but not by vespiquen.

Then play Entei with Combat Blaze and use blacksmith on that. It is even possible to get a turn 1 combat blaze like this.

ToToLaw

Aspiring Trainer
Then play Entei with Combat Blaze and use blacksmith on that. It is even possible to get a turn 1 combat blaze like this.

yes, that's what i suggested in the beginning. if entei end up not useful in certain match up, just compress it

dkatz2003

Aspiring Trainer
I personally think that Lugia EX is better as a tech because it takes out Nightmarch like nobody's business, and Entei is a little more situation.

infernape1245

Aspiring Deck-Building Master
I personally think that lugia ex is better as a tech because it takes out nightmarch like nobodys business and entei is a little more situation
yes Lugia is a very good tech because of the damage output it can deal, it's still reliant on DCE and Aegislash EX and Giratina EX shut that down pretty well. Combat Blaze Entei is good against one of them. ALso, using Flareon's Ability to Blacksmith onto Vespiquen isnt such a bad idea. a bit clunky but it gets the job done well. (in both match ups you would be discarding your other Eeveelutions anyway)

Mora

Don't Panic
Lugia EX in Vespiquen? Doesn't that worsen the prize trade? And how does Lugia help with Night March when Joltik hits Lugia for Weakness?

dkatz2003

Aspiring Trainer
Lugia EX in Vespiquen? Doesn't that worsen the prize trade? And how does Lugia help with Night March when Joltik hits Lugia for Weakness?
It worsens the prize trade, but if they start with a pumpkaboo or you go second the lugia knocks out there pokemon like there is no tomorrow. As a nightmarch player I started with pumpkaboo more than you think

Chewy

Aspiring Trainer
There is no way Lugia does anything to Night March, getting knocked out with just 5 marchers in the discard. Or 4 with Muscle Band.

Timewoven

Aspiring Trainer
Personally I have seen NightQueen work very well as you can start attacking for high damage right away with the Marchers while your Queen sets up. It also isn't affected by the possibility of facing a deck that isn't weak to the eons + queen, so your focus is always the same.

It's all preference at the end of the day, at least as far as my experience goes.

gumball51321

*thumbs up*
Has anyone revisited this deck since February? I think this deck might be coming back in Fates Collide, and some interesting techs would include Pyroar or Revitalizer.

GengarGuys

"Pickle Enthusiast"
I'm testing a Vespiquen deck right now. I also need some help with it in the deck garage. It is great with Revitalizer and GPF.

ToToLaw

Aspiring Trainer
Has anyone revisited this deck since February? I think this deck might be coming back in Fates Collide, and some interesting techs would include Pyroar or Revitalizer.
How do you include a Pyroar in a vespiquen deck? What good does it do?

gumball51321

*thumbs up*
How do you include a Pyroar in a vespiquen deck? What good does it do?
Just mainly to throw away, but if I for some reason need it, I can use it to stall until I have enough energy to attack. Trust me, it works. It beat me at a cities. Plus, it strengthens the NM matchup farther than it already was.

Mora

Don't Panic
What is Vespiquen / Vileplume supposed to do against Aegislash? Other than lose.

And what's the point of just one AZ? You don't have VS Seeker to reuse it, and there's only one in the skeleton list. By the time you go through your entire deck turn one, you'll probably have already discarded it.

Aeter

Aspiring Trainer
The only thing I see against Aegislash is to tech a Toxicroak EX. I'm also worried about the untouchable sword.
AZ may seem clunky but it has come in handy more that once for me.

Mora

Don't Panic
I guess you can put it back in the deck with Bunnelby. Thinking about doing the same with Lysandre, but ehhh.

gregpokeman

Aspiring Trainer
Is nobody going to suggest silent lab. Shut down all basic abilities. There is your aigislash counter

Mora

Don't Panic
Is nobody going to suggest silent lab. Shut down all basic abilities. There is your aigislash counter

Yeah, I guess that's the best option. It's not like there's much else to choose from given Item lock, but I was hoping for something a little more natural that didn't conflict with Shaymins / Unown.

On a slightly unrelated note, I saw someone playing Manaphy EX and Water Energy instead of Float Stone. I thought that was pretty neat, and I guess you could use that to attack with Bee Revenge without DCE. You wouldn't have free retreat with Vileplume though.