• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Pikachu EX / Magnezone

b1ackspidey

Aspiring Trainer
Looking to get back into playing again after being out of it for a few months, I like the new Pikachu and just wanted to see if there is anything I can do to make this better. Don't have any Shaymin EX so that ones out. Thanks for any help.

Pokémon: 15
  • 3 Pikachu EX
  • 4 Magnemite (Sparkling Induction)
  • 2 Magneton
  • 2 Magnezone (Magnetic Circuit)
  • 2 Raikou
  • 1 Mewtwo EX (Photon Wave)
  • 1 M Mewtwo Y
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 31
  • 3 Professor Sycamore
  • 3 Fisherman
  • 2 Teammates
  • 1 Skyla
  • 4 VS Seeker
  • 3 Rare Candy
  • 2 Switch
  • 3 Trainers' Mail
  • 3 Ultra Ball
  • 3 Professor's Letter
  • 1 Battle Compressor
  • 2 Assualt Vest
  • 1 Mewtwo Spirit Link
Energy: 14
  • 10 Lightning Energy
  • 2 Flash Energy
  • 2 DCE
Strategy:

Pretty much get a Magnezone on the bench and start dropping energies on Pikachu, Raikou and Mewtwo as backup attackers or miss match since they all pretty much have the same kinda of attacks.

Last edited:

lyonheart286

Aspiring Trainer
- 2 weakness policy
-2 DCE
- 1 Mangneton
- 2 mega turbo

+2 assault vest
+1 rare candy
+1 Skyla
+1 battle compressor
+2 vs seeker

IMO, weakness policy is not an amazing card, and the flash energy does exactly the same thing for your electric pokemon, and you should have mewtwo covering that weakness pretty well. The DCEs are an amazing card, but in this deck, you really only want them on the mega mewtwo. The mega turbo can only be used on the mega mewtwo, so most of the time it would be a dead card. Most of the time you should not be taking the extra turn to evolve through magneton, and that is where rare candies come in handy. if you dont have one in your hand, skyla can find one for you, or any other trainer, for that matter. The assault vests are there for damage mitigation on pikachu, or making your raikou an incredible tank. The battle compressor is there if you need instant access to a supporter, or need to get more energy in the discard for fisherman.

The rest of you deck looks solid, but the mega mewtwo seems more of a liability than anything without a spirit link. You can sub in a spirit link for an assault vest if you find you need the spirit link. I've been thinking about building a similar deck, so let me know how this works out for you!

b1ackspidey

Aspiring Trainer
Thanks for the feedback, I made the changes and I'll give it a try. I totally skipped over the Mega part on the Mega Turbo, So I dropped them all and added a Spirit Link. With a Magnezone on the field I don't really need them anyways. So far its running pretty well, still having a little trouble with a Fighting deck but hopefully these changes will make it run more consistently.

kingqazbatt

Aspiring Trainer
****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

Pokémon - 18

1 Shaymin-EX ROS 106
3 Magnemite BKT 51
2 Magneton BKT 53
3 Magnezone BKT 54
3 Pikachu-EX PR-XY XY84
2 Raikou BKT 55
2 Remoraid BKT 31
2 Octillery BKT 33

Trainer Cards - 32

2 Professor Birch's Observations PRC 159
2 Professor's Letter BKT 146
2 Brigette BKT 134
1 Shauna PHF 104
2 Fisherman BKT 136
3 Battle Compressor Team Flare Gear PHF 92
1 Teammates PRC 160
4 VS Seeker ROS 110
1 Lysandre FLF 104
3 Rare Candy PRC 135
4 Ultra Ball ROS 93
3 Muscle Band XY 121
4 Energy Retrieval BLW 92

Energy - 10

10 Lightning Energy HS 118

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

i run this and i really like it the octilery make it very consistent
fighting decks are still a pain but normally i can still win

b1ackspidey

Aspiring Trainer
I've played against a similar build like this, I really don't have much problems with getting everything I need, when I need it so I feel the Octillery just slows me down and would rather have the Mewtwo for the fighting matchups. Still trying to get my hands on a Shaymin EX, but it is definitely on the list of needs. But who knows maybe I am wrong and yours is better, good thing I can try everything out online and then tweak the real thing after some testing. Thanks for the help!

thecowisred

Aspiring Trainer
Have you tried running the special lightening energy, flash energy? It makes it so that the Pokémon it is attached to has no weakness...good for matches against fighting decks as long as they aren't running enhanced hammers, Xerosic, Team Flare Grunt, etc. Unfortunately, it can't be used with Magnezone's ability but might be worth 2 spots if you are super concerned...

b1ackspidey

Aspiring Trainer
I run two in there but it's only for Raikou. Since pikachu will discard them with his overcharge, and I can't search them out with letter or get them back with fisherman. It just turns into a dead card most of the time.