• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard M Manectric EX / Articuno / Regice

Gible06

Aspiring Trainer
This is my second deck posted in deck garage. Any help would be appreciated.

Pokemon: 13
  • 4 Manectric EX
  • 3 M Manectric EX
  • 2 Shaymin EX
  • 1 Hoopa EX
  • 2 Articuno
  • 1 Regice
Trainer/Supporters/Stadiums: 38
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 4 VS Seeker
  • 2 Enhanced Hammer
  • 1 Crushing Hammer
  • 2 Trainers' Mail
  • 2 Head Ringer
  • 2 Muscle Band
  • 2 Battle Compressor
  • 1 Sacred Ash
  • 1 Switch
  • 1 Professor's Letter
  • 3 Manectric Spirit Link
  • 4 Professor Sycamore
  • 1 Shauna
  • 1 Judge
  • 1 Ace Trainer
  • 1 Lysandre
  • 1 AZ
  • 1 Hex Maniac
  • 2 Rough Seas
  • 1 Silent Lab
Energy: 9
  • 3 Water Energy
  • 6 Lightning Energy
Strategy:

The deck is pretty straight forward use mega man (mega manectric) to power up either articuno or Regice to either get extra prices or keep ex's from damaging regice.

-1 Crushing Hammer
-2 Enhanced Hammer
+2 Water energy
+2 Regice

You don't need any energy denial since you will already be getting acceleration and being faster than your opponent. If you want to make it through all 6 prizes you need to play more than 9 energy. Your deck struggles against Fighting Bats and if your only Regice is prized you pretty much lose. Having two will allow you to one hit knock out Hawluchas while preventing EX pokemon from attacking you.

-Gengar

I run one Regice because I have the two articuno but I see your point and I will make the changes. Thanks for the help! But your having me get rid of 3 and add 4

I run a similar deck and would strongly encourage you to keep both Enhanced Hammers - those will make a difference in certain key match-ups (review the "top' decks and you'll will find that 80%+ run special energy).

Secondly, consider dropping the the 1 Crushing Hammer which has only 50% chance of success if you are not Item-locked. Also, I've found that the 4 Ultra Balls and 1 Battle Compressor was quite sufficient in dumping needed resources into the discard pile. So, these 2 slots, IMO, can be filled with more important cards, like energy or another car-d draw Supporter (e.g., Professor Birch's Observations).

Back