• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Vespiquen / Entei For Cities

GengarGuys

"Pickle Enthusiast"
Hey. I need help with my Vepsiquen deck for cities. Thanks! :D

Pokemon: 21
  • 4 Vespiquen
  • 4 Combee
  • 3 Eevee
  • 1 Jolteon
  • 2 Flareon
  • 3 Entei
  • 1 Bunnelby
  • 3 Shaymin-EX
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 29
  • 4 Professor Sycamore
  • 2 Professor Birch's Observations
  • 2 Blacksmith
  • 1 Hex Maniac
  • 1 Giovanni's Scheme
  • 1 Lysandre
  • 4 Battle Compressor
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 4 VS Seeker
  • 4 Muscle Band
  • 2 Training Center
Energy: 8
  • 4 Fire Energy
  • 4 DCE
Strategy:

Discard as many pokemon as you can and attack with Vespiquen for good damage.

I would personally suggest taking out 1 Professor Birch's Observations, 1 Shaymin-EX, and 1 Entei for a Jolteon, a Flareon, and an Eevee. Running 5 evolutions and 4 basics? No problem, you want to discard them anyway for vespiquen damage. Also, finding room for some Unown (AOR) would be a really good idea. Ups draw power and vespiquen damage, overall a win-win.

Thanks for the input. The only reason I don't like playing 4 Eevee is because I really do not want to start with it, so if I were to play that I would definitely need a switching card in this deck.

Well, you could always run the energy evo eevee and attach a fire to it to get the flareon and retreat, discarding the energy. I've seen a few people do that well, and it shoves the energy to the discard for future blacksmith use.

Imo you should look into vaporeon for houndoom ex/m ex might be a contender might not but better to be prepared

Jirachi promo should be played in this unless you want to take a really bad matchup of Giritina. It also helps mirror match and Night March matchup.

Back