M Sceptile-EX Variants

dwarfstar

bread and roses and spiders
Jynx is good because denied 2HKO of mega Manectric and it is very important i think.
Avoiding the 2HKO from M-Manectric isn't quite as important for this deck as it is for many others because you've got Jagged Saber to heal a Benched mon after you retreat. Increasing the number of spiders increases the chance that you'll actually have one on the field to work with (under your model, if either Spinarak or Ariados is prized, you don't have that option), thus giving you a way to 2HKO M-Manectric with Jagged Saber or Unseen Claw, and Ariados can also soften up opposing Regice for Virizion if you're not behind on Prizes. Jynx, on the other hand, gives you 10HP per turn and does literally nothing else of any value while being massive Lysandre bait and a dead starter (yes, I know, Spinarak and Ariados are Lysandre bait as well, but they have broader utility than Jynx does, and Spinarak isn't a completely dead starter because of that 50% paralysis chance). Jynx is the kind of thing that works better as a one-off tech if it's included, but anything that requires evolving has to be at least 2-2 to be reliable.

Ivy_Profen

Aspiring Trainer
If it's specifically for mega manectric than its not too helpful. That deck can easily retreat into a regular manectric and use its second attack for 120. Since you will probably have a spirit link on sceptile. Especially since turbo bolt sets up mentioned manectric.

Ivy_Profen

Aspiring Trainer
With Skyla being confirmed in the new set. Will she replace Trainer's Mail in this deck for anyone?

I know i will most likely try to fit 2 or 3 in this deck somewhere. Not having to always dig with shaymin to grab all of the pieces of a turn 1 Jagged Saber seems too good to not put into the deck. The first 2 cards to go in my deck will be Trainer's Mail.

Mora

Don't Panic
But Trainers' Mail isn't a Supporter. I think I'd only ever play at most one Skyla, since it might be situationally useful from time to time, and you can get it back with VS Seeker.

Ivy_Profen

Aspiring Trainer
I can see what ur saying. Trainers mail can get you something. But not always what you need. Also the thing is that shaymin can draw you cards at the same time you skyla. There are so many times when I need that one trainer card and 2 shaymin and a sycamore won't get it for me. At the same time it Mills through my deck and discards cards I need later in the match
But then again my main deck was VirGen. It lived and died by skyla getting what I needed. It seems like this is one of those decks that needs consistency so it can deny prizes and get those 2hkos.

RunningWithScizors

Aspiring Trainer
I'm trying to make a Crobat variation for Standard, but I'm struggling to make it all fit in, especially the Trainer line. Would I have to go 3-3 on the Mega, especially since that's all I could obtain in the near future?

Ivy_Profen

Aspiring Trainer
Crobat and ariados? Seems like a lot of space.

Do the bats really help the math? If anything I would probably only put in bats if there were no megas in the deck. So you have the 6 extra spaces.

Wobawoba21

Aspiring Trainer
But Trainers' Mail isn't a Supporter. I think I'd only ever play at most one Skyla, since it might be situationally useful from time to time, and you can get it back with VS Seeker.

i agree, two trainers mail and one skyla , majority of decks play 3 vs seeker so she'll be able to be used again if needed and trainers mail can potentially draw you into a skyla

Hornleach1

Aspiring Trainer
In my version of the deck I use Giritina as a backup attacker which helps deal with a lot of bad matchups. And for a non-Ex attacker I use PHF Regigigas.

Ivy_Profen

Aspiring Trainer
I can't help but wonder how you can manage to charge a Giratina in this deck. I can't imagine you run both DCE and Double Dragon energy.

Hornleach1

Aspiring Trainer
2 DCE and 3DDE. This works great for me although I run my deck differently to the one posted. (no Ariadose or Shaymin) I instead run Lugia, Malamar with the cards I previously mentioned. These paired with mega turbo allow me to power the bench turn one.

dwarfstar

bread and roses and spiders
I can't help but wonder how you can manage to charge a Giratina in this deck. I can't imagine you run both DCE and Double Dragon energy.
I run a Sceptile/Giratina deck as well, actually, with one Hydreigon-EX in there to mitigate retreat costs so I don't have to drop DDEs if my Switches aren't in hand. The current Energy spread in my deck is 8 Grass, 4 DDE, and 1 DCE. It's subject to change, but it's served me pretty well so far. Between Professor's Letter and Energy Retrieval, it's not as difficult to prime Giratina as one might expect (although I am trying to figure out a way to squeeze another DCE in there).

Chewy

Aspiring Trainer
M Sceptile deck ended up winning UK regionals last weekend. A pretty standard pure grass Sceptile deck.

Danielxgc

A Boujie Trainer
What about Mega Sceptile EX paired with a 2-2-2 baby sceptile line (from primal clash)? Baby sceptile's ability "nurture and heal" can create an efficient energy acceleration loop with Mega sceptile EX. However, of course, that's just my opinion and i'm uncertain if that's viable in todays standard. It would also mean no space for a 3-3 Ariados line or a 2-2-2 Victorybell line, therefore, no confused and/or sleep ability (which works exceptionally well with Sceptile EX unseen claw). The advantage baby Sceptile lines have over ariados or victory bell, I see, is not needing to discardenergy. From Ex sceptile to baby sceptile, to EX to baby, to EX...

Ivy_Profen

Aspiring Trainer
I'm confused about what ur trying to say. How does non ex sceptile create the loop? Either way it doesn't really help since M Sceptile already accelerates energy and heals.

lyonheart286

Aspiring Trainer
Somehow, my brother managed to fit a 2-2-2 beautifly line into his M Sceptile deck. HE runs a 3-2 M Sceptile line and 2-2 ariados, and it works quite well for him. granted, night march/vespiquen or any other non ex deck rips him to shreds, he can hold his own against most EX heavy decks.

awesomeMSG

Just a guy who wants to master Greninja BREAK
Somehow, my brother managed to fit a 2-2-2 beautifly line into his M Sceptile deck. HE runs a 3-2 M Sceptile line and 2-2 ariados, and it works quite well for him. granted, night march/vespiquen or any other non ex deck rips him to shreds, he can hold his own against most EX heavy decks.
I was considering playing beutifly too, but I play vileplume and giratina instead.

Ivy_Profen

Aspiring Trainer
If I were to play a 2 step in this deck it would be shiftry. Being able to hit for 100 with just counting my bench is great. Most decks can't function with less than 3 bench. And leaf draw is awesome

Ivy_Profen

Aspiring Trainer
I'm going to try testing Jirachi with stardust for the giratina match up. I was using 1 hammer but this might be more helpful if I manage to chain DDE discards and they can't attack Jirachi back. And once all 4 hit the discard I basically win.