M Manectric-EX Variants

Yes, I totally understand :)
Smeargle can be an interesting tech for sure, but perhaps a bit slow.

I can't help thinking that M-Manectric's setting up has to be as fast as possible in order to attack the opponent head-on.
Do you think it is possible to leave any defensive tech and focus on attacking again and again... hit quickly, and each turn stronger with the Mega-Cat on turn 2, and then a strong and energized attacker that will OHKO any active Pokemon the opponent may have ?

Yveltal EX and Raikou could be two good options for that strategy.
Muscle Band would help much more than Rough Seas if leave the defensive job to the opponent :)

Ya there is a lot of things you can do with Manetric. With me though, Manetric power is his ability to setup Mega Mentric quickly. Last season, I top cut a few league challenges by just running him with Mega turbo. My kido is now playing him and he loves the quickness of him. I ran a short deck with 3/2 line up of manetrics and 2/2 leafeon from (Plasma Blast) and 1 Zekrom. It worked pretty well and could be played under item lock. This season, my son is using a short line too with 3/2 line up of Manetric and a 3 line up of regice. He enjoys the flash energy, though I have a bit of a nostalgia with weakness policy because it is a bit harder to remove. I stole quite a few games against Lando/Bats with that WP card. Like I did, he also uses a four line of Rough Seas.

When I was working with him building his deck, I just basically told him that mantrics power is in the quick setup. If you go Mega on third turn and have him fully charged, it really can put some kinks on some other decks. Not just to charge Regice, but a basic mantric with a muscle band can one hit allot of different things on the board.

My kido is a junior, so I know it's not as competitive as Masters, but usually there are not enough players so he plays with seniors and masters. He has done very well in wins since he moved the short line of Manetric/Regice but again this is just because of the match up he has received. A lot of players are playing bats and when you run 4 rough seas, it really makes for a great counter. Also with a quick setup, you can start throwing kinks early in the Toad/Garitinia deck too.

While I am thinking about manectric, I'm thinking hit and run with that new aegislash in BREAKpoint, to combine sword pain with a burst balloon/bats/Eco arm, could M manectric work here? To power up aegislash as well as to put 110 damage on defending pokemons and even IF he dies, I have aegislash/bats/burst ballon to cover? Also, what about Seismiotad? I was thinking about playing him in here too. Zoroark is gonna be played no matter the circumstances

While I am thinking about manectric, I'm thinking hit and run with that new aegislash in BREAKpoint, to combine sword pain with a burst balloon/bats/Eco arm, could M manectric work here? To power up aegislash as well as to put 110 damage on defending pokemons and even IF he dies, I have aegislash/bats/burst ballon to cover? Also, what about Seismiotad? I was thinking about playing him in here too. Zoroark is gonna be played no matter the circumstances

Sorry to be of no help, but that hurts my head to think that far ahead, one league challenge at a time. :)

I don't like yveltal that much anymore. There is such a heavy electric weakness in this format. It's also not likely to get ohko on anything important. So 2hkos using raikou or something is just as good.

Running Aegislash with Crobat with Mega Man is basically running three stage twos (Spirit Link is like a stage one). This seems way too clunky to work, not to mention that running multiple Burst Balloons in addition to everything else will only hurt your consistency.

Personally, Mega Man and Primal Groudon seem to be the decks with the best potential for the new format, and Groudon inherently has an advantage over Manectric because of Weakness, but I think that if we tech smaller attackers for the Groudon matchup, along with Jirachis for other matchups like Toad and Vespiquen, Manectric could contend for BDIF.

I want to run this deck for STANDARD format, which would be the most consistent/competitive?

According to me, there's two M-Manectric EX based decks above the others :

1. M-Manectric EX / Yveltal EX / Raikou / Muscle Band.
My father always told me : "Do one thing, but do it well !" :)
This version does only one thing : set up FAST, and hit STRONG.
It can OHKO almost any Pokémon, is pretty simple to use (my 6 years old son plays it very efficiently), and leaves any defensive problem to your opponent.

2. M-Manectric EX / Raikou / Lugia EX / Rough Seas,
More defensive, but still able to put a big pressure on the opponent.
This version has some techs which will allow you to deal with a lot of situations.

Can someone explain the regice to me? I'm sure the answer is super obvious but I'm missing it. My guess is that regice + head ringer = opponent wanting to set the table on fire. Is this correct?
Pretty much says to your opponents EXs "CAN'T TOUCH DIS. NA NA NA."

Running Aegislash with Crobat with Mega Man is basically running three stage twos (Spirit Link is like a stage one). This seems way too clunky to work, not to mention that running multiple Burst Balloons in addition to everything else will only hurt your consistency.

Personally, Mega Man and Primal Groudon seem to be the decks with the best potential for the new format, and Groudon inherently has an advantage over Manectric because of Weakness, but I think that if we tech smaller attackers for the Groudon matchup, along with Jirachis for other matchups like Toad and Vespiquen, Manectric could contend for BDIF.
DUDE, WHY DIDN'T YOU POST THIS IN THE PRIMAL GROUDON DISCUSSION?

I current have 3 MegaMan/Man, 2 Kyurem, 2 Regice, 3 Articuno, 2 Shaymin. Was wondering what people feel is the most optimal list for Man with Water

I current have 3 MegaMan/Man, 2 Kyurem, 2 Regice, 3 Articuno, 2 Shaymin. Was wondering what people feel is the most optimal list for Man with Water
My list is 4/3 MegaMan, 2 Regice, 1 Articuno, 2 Shaymin. I've also seen Toad in the deck, but never Kyurem.

My list is 4/3 MegaMan, 2 Regice, 1 Articuno, 2 Shaymin. I've also seen Toad in the deck, but never Kyurem.
I run 3/3 not sure if that is good or bad perse, but I use toad too. Kyurem I guess was more of a NightMarch thing?

I run this as well, with a tech jirachi and hoopa EX. Have had some good results with it. I'm just torn on Hoopa. Very hit or miss and it's not fun starting with only him in hand

@GrimDarkLul I personally would never run the deck without 4/3. I can see why though, you only will need 3 at most in a game. But when it comes to prizes or free bench space you may not have down all 3 when you need it. In addition, with onr KOed and another prized, it leaves the one you have there in a bad spot.
@Jacob Librizzi I do like jirachi in the deck but I can't find space for it. I don't like Hoopa though. Most times you get 2 manectrics and a shaymin on turn 1. With the ultra ball you can already get a manectric/shaymin and will probably draw the other one off of sycamore/set up draw anyways. I do see its usefulness, but it can also be started with, prized, and can be an easy prize for wobb/mewtwo decks.

@GrimDarkLul I personally would never run the deck without 4/3. I can see why though, you only will need 3 at most in a game. But when it comes to prizes or free bench space you may not have down all 3 when you need it. In addition, with onr KOed and another prized, it leaves the one you have there in a bad spot.
@Jacob Librizzi I do like jirachi in the deck but I can't find space for it. I don't like Hoopa though. Most times you get 2 manectrics and a shaymin on turn 1. With the ultra ball you can already get a manectric/shaymin and will probably draw the other one off of sycamore/set up draw anyways. I do see its usefulness, but it can also be started with, prized, and can be an easy prize for wobb/mewtwo decks.
Wobbafett won't lock it's ability. Hoopa is a psychic type.

Any chance you could post your build or message it to me? I'm working on dropping hoopa and would be interested to see how you set it up

I think I've seen both Kyurems in it last year at some point. This was before it was really a thing (and it was before Regice's time as well). I also saw one that played one Kyurem EX in a list that also ran Toad and DCE's. Admittedly, the format is completely different now.

Wobbafett won't lock it's ability. Hoopa is a psychic type.
Never said it wasn't affected. All I said was that it was an easy prize for the deck due to weakness and retreat cost.

I think I've seen both Kyurems in it last year at some point. This was before it was really a thing (and it was before Regice's time as well). I also saw one that played one Kyurem EX in a list that also ran Toad and DCE's. Admittedly, the format is completely different now.
For a little time I saw Manectric and PLF Kyurem in the same deck, but I'm only relating it to this format (XY-BKT). I can't really see the AOR Kyurem EX being used in that deck though. Glaciate is hard to pull off and does little damage as well needing two and three water plus a colorless energy for the other attack is not easy nor worth it. Regice, Articuno, Raikou, and Regirock all can be ran in here with a 3 energy cost and attacks are doing a better effect and/or more damage. They are also not giving up two prizes and most of those Pokemon can attack with a DCE/more colorless energy.

Any chance you could post your build or message it to me? I'm working on dropping hoopa and would be interested to see how you set it up
I'll send you a list. Mine is kind of standard, but I'd prefer not to say it publicly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back