The Gaming Group - Play. Discuss. Learn.

Alright, like I said, I ended up picking this up today. Here's my current team:

Lord Death
- Lv. 14 Bulbasaur
Mistress 9 - Lv. 14 Dustox
Dominatrix - Lv. 14 Goldeen
Lady Barks - Lv. 14 Poochyena
Skrillex - Lv. 15 Whismur
Sir Snaxalot - Lv. 14 Gulpin

I've also got in storage a Kriketot (3), Zigzagoon (5), Panpour (10), Budew (5), Woobat (5), and Noibat (6). Part of me really wants to train up the Budew, but I've probably got enough Poison/Grass action going on. :p A bit too much, likely. Oh well. Team is a work in progress thing.

Currently at the first gym. Made it through the pre-leader trainers, but Julia is kicking my ass so I figured I might take a break to go level for a bit.

Overall, I'm enjoying the game a lot so far. The difficulty spike is nice, and the atmosphere is really compelling. I laughed out loud when I fished in the polluted river and caught a Grimer. :p

I have a few complaints, but they're mostly minor/mechanical. The controls are a bit wonky and when I tried adjusting them, nothing changed. I wish the music would go away when you minimize the screen. I also encountered some kind of bug that crashed the game fairly early on, erasing a lot of my effort. Since then, I've been a lot more careful about saving a lot (and the super fast saving is really handy in that respect), and I had to go find another female Poochyena to name Lady Barks.

Goldeen can get Lightning Rod as its Ability, so it may be helpful for you to find an ability capsule and use it one for that, providing it isn't those annoying Sonic Booms that are killing you. >_>

So I've discovered a series of events that allows you to capture a handful of starters! They are all at Level 15, know a random egg move, and can have a Hidden Ability! You need to be able to use Strength outside of battle before you can get these. I'll do my best to avoid spoilers.

Tepig can be found in Pyrous Mountain, after you solve a little puzzle involving dropping a boulder down a pit, and accessing another area that you couldn't visit earlier. Don't worry about the door inside the mountain, I assume you'll come back for that later. Tepig will run away twice before you can find it onb the mountain's summit,

After completing the Tepig event, if you return to Azurine Island a man will be in the house that Team Meteor was using. He says he is looking for a Chimeco. If you show him one, he will let you obtain a Chikorita. This isn't a trade- he won't take the Chimeco, he just wants to see one. The only way to obtain Chimeco that I know of is to catch a Chingling from the cave under North Obsida and evolve it (via happiness at night). Do not use Common Candies here. They will lower your Chingling's friendship dramatically.

In the Byxbysion Wasteland, a man will appear in the building with the long stairwell when it's raining. He will mention that he saw a Squirtle somewhere in the wasteland. You will need to solve a puzzle (Hint: remember Corey's gym) and then navigate a series of caves to reach it. Note that there is a hidden door behind somethingthat you must enter in the cave with the color-changing tank things. you don't need to go in the door that making them purple will open. You can if you want, and there are a few items here... but be careful because entering a certain room will land you in a battle with a level 65 Pokemon when your Pokemon aren't nearly that.

Current Team:

Flammie (Charizard Level 45
Nala (Luxray) Level 45
Artemis (Meowstic) Level 44
Storm (Pidgeot) Level 44
Petal (Meganium) Level 32
Aqua (Wartortle) Level 33

Last edited:
Goldeen can get Lightning Rod as its Ability, so it may be helpful for you to find an ability capsule and use it one for that, providing it isn't those annoying Sonic Booms that are killing you. >_>

Yeah, it was mostly Sonicbooms and Emolga's Charge Beam. Oh well. I'll jump back in today and see how it does. :p

Some of my Pokémon aren't the super greatest and will likely be replaced, but I wanted to start off with a full team, so here we are.

Yeah, it was mostly Sonicbooms and Emolga's Charge Beam. Oh well. I'll jump back in today and see how it does. :p

Some of my Pokémon aren't the super greatest and will likely be replaced, but I wanted to start off with a full team, so here we are.

When I went through it I had the most issues towards the end as Blitzle was rather annoying. Other than that I didn't have much issue as I used Pachirisu with Bide to simply OHKO it.

I think I blitzed through the first gym but I think I was overleveled as a result of people talking it up. :p

So, I ended up swapping Dominatrix out; not only was she kind of not useful in general, but as a Water-type 'mon she was OHKOed by basically everyone one of Julia's Pokémon and since Julia was my sticking point, it seemed best to swap in something more useful. Thus enters "Ears McBat", a Noivern that I grabbed in the underground dead-end section. I leveled up Ears to equal the rest of my team and in the process I managed to get Lord Death up to 16 for an Ivysaur evolution. Lord Death is definitely the powerhouse of my team currently. It took a couple tries, but I did manage to defeat Julia with a primarily Lv. 15 team (LD was the only one at 16), mostly because I was sick to death of leveling up.

Then it was onto Obsidia Ward! I finished the puzzle in the candy shop and scored a Swirlix that I swapped in for Mistress 9; the Dustox was the most under-performing of my massive Poison-type horde, so I figured it was time to give her a break. I'm kind of concerned, though; how do trade evolutions work in this game? I saw the necessary item in the candy shop but I have not yet bought it since I don't even know how the evolution would work. After that, it was mostly exploring and defeating trainers, including another battle against... whatsherface, ying-yang dress chick. I have a really hard time remembering people's names in this game. I'm currently down exploring the slums, though it's taking a little bit since I keep wanting to run back to the PC and heal.

Anyway, current team looks like:

Lord Death - Lv. 17 Ivysaur
Lady Barks - Lv. 17 Poochyena
Skrillex - Lv. 17 Whismur
Sir Snaxalot - Lv. 17 Gulpin
Ears McBat - Lv. 17 Noibat
Herp Derp - Lv. 17 Swirlix

I kind of have a feeling like all of these aside from Lord Death will end up being bench-warmers at some point, but they're doing well for now.

The controls of the game keep messing me up. I had to restart the stupid Swirlix puzzle at least 5 times because I kept accidentally backing out by hitting the cancel button. Otherwise, I've been pretty happy so far. I feel like I keep finding little things, like a very small sidequest that I accidentally discovered when looking for a place to level that netted me a double battle against some Team Meteor grunts (nice leveling!) and an Igglybuff (that I don't plan on using, but still). There's probably a lot of things that I'm still missing, but that makes going back around and stuff a bit more interesting at least.

I had similar problems with that Swirlix puzzle. >_>

Anyways, I reckon Swirlix isn't actually half bad. Once you get Fairy Wind and Fake Tears, the little guy can really be quite a monster early on in the game. Poochyena gets access to Bite and Swagger, which is also a nice combination early on.

The Swirlix I got actually came with both of those moves. :p It's been handy in the Slums, I'm just iffy about how much effort I want to put into it until I know if/how I can evolve it.

Poochyena was actually really lame at first but ever since she got Bite she's been very useful, doubley so now that she's evolved.

I just got my 7th badge, difficulty level really spiking and had to do a lot of grinding, but my team for the moment:

Gallustion - Blaziken 55
Scrotiptera - Noivern 54
Chaerilodea - Drapion 54
Cingpodidae - Sandslash* 54
Rafflesia - Bellossom 54
Cetopsidae - Vaporeon 54

Been using common candies to keep everybody just under the maximum, though I think that cap was moved as of my most recent badge, thank goodness. I also still have my Manectric and Grumpig in the PC, though I'm not certain if I rather be using them over Noivern and Vaporeon.
I found an Exp. Share too! It's pretty late into the game (well, maybe not, I don't know how long the game is), but extremely useful if you want to change your team up later.

Last edited:
Stardate 2010.7

Just got my ass kicked by some kind of souped up Tangrowth. Figured I may as well post my stats again before giving the battle another go.

Lord Death - Lv. 19 Ivysaur
Lady Barks - Lv. 19 Poochyena
Skrillex - Lv. 19 Whismur
Ears McBat - Lv. 19 Noibat
Herp Derp - Lv. 19 Swirlix
Egg - ??? Egg (may be close to hatching)

The egg is from the Slums. I picked it up because wynaut.jpg. If it's cool, I'll keep it around for a bit maybe.

I'm afraid I may have to run around and hatch the egg to grab another party member. This Tangrowth really knocks me out on my ass, and without being able to poison or seed it, a lot of my strategies go out the window.

EDIT: Ahahaha, on my 3rd go I managed to beat Tangrowth easily with a couple Screeches and Lady Barks spamming Bite over and over and getting a couple lucky crits and flinches. Only 1 Pokémon KOed even. Good job, Athena.

Last edited:
This Tangrowth is no fun the first time around, and he doesn't get much better later in the game. PULSE Pokemon are a very interesting mechanic to replace Mega Evolution in a way. Though I think Mega Evolution exists in the game as well, it's definitely the unnatural version of it.

Yeah, I noticed they used the same spirally symbol as Mega Evolution.

I ended up using a mix of Fake Tears and Acid Sprays to take the monster down. >___>

I'm not actually sure what type the Tangrowth PULSE is, as psychic attacks are super effective against it.

I'm pretty sure it's Grass/Fighting. It didn't take SE damage from Poison or Bug iirc.
Fighting doesn't resist Poison, unless that's a new feature in Pokemon Reborn.

It's most likely Grass/Poison given the storyline of the game and the type matchups which have been posted in the thread.

Fighting doesn't resist Poison, unless that's a new feature in Pokemon Reborn.

It's most likely Grass/Poison given the storyline of the game and the type matchups which have been posted in the thread.
You're right. So yeah, Grass/Posion, from what I found online (now I had to check, 'cause curious).

Yeah, that makes sense. I could neither Poison Powder it (so, Poison) nor Leech Seed it (so, Grass). I really need to get a Psychic Pokémon. >_<

Back