• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded Weavile / Exeggcute

MadVillan

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon 20
  • 4 Sneasel (PLF)
  • 4 Weavile (PLF)
  • 4 Exeggcute (PLF)
  • 2 Voltorb (ROS)
  • 2 Electrode (PLF)
  • 2 Eevee (AOR)
  • 1 Flareon (AOR)
  • 1 Jolteon (AOR)
Trainer 32
  • 4 Professor Sycamore
  • 3 N
  • 1 Colress
  • 1 Lysandre
  • 1 Wally
  • 4 Level Ball
  • 4 Dark Patch
  • 3 Ultra Ball
  • 3 Silver Bangle
  • 2 Battle Compressor
  • 2 Vs. Seeker
  • 2 Super Rod
  • 1 Escape Rope
  • 1 Startling Megaphone
Energy 8
  • Darkness Energy
Strategy:

The main attacker of the deck is Weavile. It's attack, Vilify, has a cost of one darkness and one colorless. Vilify attacks for 30 for each Pokemon you discard from your hand (You do the discarding as you are attacking just to be clear). Exeggcute has the ability, Propagation, which allows Exeggcute to be returned to the hand if it was in the discard pile. After getting the 4 Exeggcute into the discard pile, you will then always be able to hit for a minimum of 120 damage, barring no darkness resistance on your opponents active. You use dark patch to power up Sneasels and Weaviles on the bench, and apply bangles to dish out an additional 30 damage to opposing EX.

I have noticed that the list struggles with streaming attackers due to retreat issues. I was hoping I could get input as to how to make the list function better. Please tear it up, as I am not attached to any one card in the list. I have included the Eevee line in an attempt to try to OHKO Mega's or more easily OHKO regular EX, but I realize that this might make the list clunky or could be useless in certain match-ups and am therefore willing to cut it. Thanks!

One thing that may get in the way is when you you can only vilify for 150 with 4 Eggs in the discard and a Silver Bangle on Weavile, putting you 30 short of a KO on most non mega EXs. So, I think Lopunny FLF would be a good inclusion. Also, the Electrode line would maybe be better as a couple Shaymin EX. Also, I noticed you don't have an ACE SPEC. So here's my suggestion:
-2 Voltorb
-2 Electrode
-2 Super Rod
-1 Darkness Energy
-1 Wally
+2 Buneary FLF
+2 Lopunny FLF
+2 Shaymin EX
+1 Computer Search
+1 Sacred Ash

The reason I took out the Super Rods was because I feel like, since you already have Dark Patch to retrieve energy, Sacred Ash would be better to get back more Pokemon. Really though, I'm glad to see someone trying to revive this deck, since it was one of my favorites last season.

Hope this helps!
LoneWolf2113

Thanks LoneWolf! I appreciate the suggestions a lot! I am willing to drop the Electrode line for the Shaymins and the Lopunny line. I cannot believe I forgot an ACE SPEC, but do you think a Dowsing Machine would be better? Either way, thanks again!

Thanks LoneWolf! I appreciate the suggestions a lot! I am willing to drop the Electrode line for the Shaymins and the Lopunny line. I cannot believe I forgot an ACE SPEC, but do you think a Dowsing Machine would be better? Either way, thanks again!

In this case, Sableye would be a better choice because you already have darkness energy as it is and Sableye can easily recycle cards. Dowsing Machine in this deck wouldn't run as well in my opinion because you're already running a VS Seeker. While I do know it can get any trainer card out, Computer Search can provide a more sure fire way of getting that card you need while VS Seeker can clean up any supporter you had to toss out.

Back