P!P/Rules When exactly is XY-On the official format?

WhoopsyDaisy

Aspiring Trainer
I thought we'd been in XY-on for a while, but it sounds like the most recent regionals were still standard 2014-2015? Or were they Extended, and Standard is currently XY-on? Thanks!

Regionals are Expanded, Standard is XY-on. That may change depending on your region; I think in the UK our Regionals are Standard this year, and Expanded next.

Some regionals also do a Standard-Expanded style play, meaning that the first half is standard and top cut is expanded. As Ms Hugo said though, it widely varies where you are at.

Some regionals also do a Standard-Expanded style play, meaning that the first half is standard and top cut is expanded. As Ms Hugo said though, it widely varies where you are at.
Is this still a thing? I was under the impression that no one does this anymore.

https://www.pokemon.com/us/play-pokemon/pokemon-events/find-an-event/

Pokémon's official Event Locator should tell you everything you need to know. The tournaments that come up should specify whether which format, but if they don't, it provides the TO's contact information.

Thanks for the link. I tried to find city championships close to Austin, TX, but couldn't find any. Is that information just not up yet? Cities season is starting in less than a month, right?

Cities are coming up. If they aren't showing up, then they most likely haven't been scheduled yet. My Cities aren't showing up yet either. Just a Prerelease.

Considering that we don't yet have any solid information on the new League format that's due to begin in two weeks, Cities are probably going to come together at the last minute.

Back