Metagame Monday #2: What Metagame are You Playing & Why?

Scattered mind

Competitive VG Forums Mod
Forum Mod
otxfZi0.png

Welcome to Metagame Monday
This is a weekly discussion topic where we discuss about the competitive Pokemon scene (Both OU and VGC).

<Metagross> *calculating*
<Metagross> Okay, I got this.
<Metagross> This week, we'll be talking about what metagame are you playing and why? Do you prefer the 6v6 OU? (or other tiers?) the doubles official VGC? or maybe you just prefer to play on WiFi battles ? Share your thoughts and your experience with that/those metagames and what do you think about them.

Discuss :)

StarlightSearcher

The Blonde Brainiac
Forum Mod
Advanced Member
I jump around from style to style. I don't have a set tier, but I usually play in OU; 6v6. I also like to play Multi Battles, but will not play in an FFA; because I am terrible at purposefully attacking my partner.

Scattered mind

Competitive VG Forums Mod
Forum Mod
I play mainly OU 6v6 and lately UU. I think VGC is a good metagame but I still find it hard for me to get into it. Maybe because I am so used to the 6v6 concept.

TokenDuelist

YGO TCG is Cheaper. Fight me.
Definitely VGC
I love Double Battles, they're fun and a lot more strategic than single IMO.

If I do have another preference - I wish there was some kind of Triple Battle Metagame because that definitely got me excited for Gen 5. It felt like it definitely fit the RPG feel.

One Approved

;
Advanced Member
UU is my main tier, and it has been for a couple of years now. I just enjoy it better than the OU metagame. To be clear, I don't think UU is "better" or "more balanced" or anything, I just find it to be more enjoyable. It might be because a lot of my favorite pokemon are in the tier, or it might be because the pokemon themselves are a lot less diverse and easier to handle, but I just enjoy it more. I do still play OU, though, I don't ignore it completely.

DPP OU is probably my favorite tier. Returning to a land where team preview doesn't exist is really fun, and I feel like it's one of, if not the most balanced tier of all time. Pretty much every playstyle is viable, and switching between teams comes more naturally to me. I want to pick up VGC soon, but I don't have a 3DS, so I don't know if I"ll be able to. x_x