• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Toad-Bats (Seismitoad EX / Crobat / Regice)

marquisexb

Aspiring Trainer
My first attempt at making a Toad-Bat deck.

Pokémon: 17
  • 1 Shaymin-EX ROS 77
  • 4 Zubat PHF 31
  • 4 Golbat PHF 32
  • 3 Crobat PHF 33
  • 2 Regice AOR 24
  • 3 Seismitoad-EX FFI 20
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 34
  • 1 Rough Seas
  • 2 Crushing Hammer
  • 1 Acro Bike
  • 3 Super Scoop Up
  • 1 Team Flare Grunt
  • 3 Ultra Ball
  • 3 Level Ball
  • 1 Teammates
  • 1 Xerosic
  • 1 Head Ringer
  • 1 Hex Maniac
  • 2 Paint Roller
  • 1 AZ
  • 1 Lysandre
  • 1 Ace Trainer
  • 2 Professor Birch's Observations
  • 2 Muscle Band
  • 2 Professor Sycamore
  • 1 Shauna
  • 1 Red Card
  • 3 VS Seeker
Energy :9
  • 5 Water Energy
  • 4 Double Colorless Energy
Strategy:

The idea is to get the Toad's out to shut down items & use the Bats to deal extra damage. AZ & Scoop up help with the Bats dealing damage. VS Seekers help get back Supporters. Red card & Ace Trainer for metagross & other big hand decks. Hammers & Flare Grunt to slow energy. Head ringer for EX.

My problems seem to come against bigger pokemon and quicker decks. This deck seems to be slow to start & I'm usually playing from behind. Also pokemon with high HP sometimes are difficult to take down.

Thanks for any advice!

Mora

Don't Panic
Here are my suggestions:

-2 Paint Roller
; Honestly, you're better off playing Stadiums instead of this card. Silent Lab is a good one to shut off your opponent's Shaymins, but I could also see Rough Seas.
-1 Acro Bike; All of these one-ofs aren't doing you much good. Cards like these are best played in threes or fours.
-1 Level Ball
-1 Red Card
-1 Shauna
; Not a good Supporter.
-1 Teammates; Since ideally, your opponent will be struggling to KO Toad under Item lock and with all of your disruption, there aren't many times you'll be able to play this. I think that there are better options for this deck.
-1 Rough Seas
-2 Water Energy

+2 Professor Sycamore
; You need more draw. Two Sycamore and Birch is not going to be enough, especially with only one Shaymin.
+1 Professor Birch's Observations
+2 Crushing Hammer
; This is one of the cards that's best played in fours. It's a coin flip, so half the time, it'll be just a waste.
+1 Head Ringer
+1 Muscle Band
; The attack you'll ideally be using throughout the game only does 30 damage. You'll want at least 3 Muscle Band.
+1 VS Seeker
+2 Silent Lab

marquisexb

Aspiring Trainer
Thanks for the advice!

I have a question regarding Shauna/Sycamore. I like a Shauna/Sycamore mix because sometimes you have a card you don't want to discard. So let's say it's early in the game and I have a Crobat or two in my hand and no ability to play them right away. I'd rather not Sycamore them away, especially without the ability to retrieve them. Additonally sometimes I have both in my hand. I can play Shauna first, and Sycamore goes back in my deck. So my question is: what's the prevalent thought about this? Should I just let cards go to discard? Am I protecting my cards too much?

Also with only 3 blue energy, is that enough to power everything? Is there a rule of thumb for energy in a deck?

Last one - I like paint roller because it's both draw + defence. If my opponent puts a stadium card out, I can get a card in return + knock his stadium out. Why are stadiums better?

I'm only asking because I'd like to learn more. Thanks again!

Mora

Don't Panic
I play Bats and 4 Sycamore in another deck, and I also play one Sacred Ash so that I can discard them without worrying too much. Consider it insurance.