• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Alt. Format Future: M Glalie-EX

RazorX_83

Starmie's not ammused.
This is a deck skeleton. i will list what I believe is the bare minimum and tell you how many empty slots there are as well as some cards I am contemplating. When I get a solid list I will post it.

Pokemon:8
4 Glalie-EX
2 M-Glalie-EX
2 Shaymin-EX
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 29
4 Judge
3 Giovanni's Plans
1 Lysandre
3 Shrine of Memories
4 VS Seeker
4 Trainers' Mail
4 Ultra Ball
2 Glalie Spirit Link
2 Switch
1 Professor's Letter
1 Super Rod
Energy:10
4 Double Colorless Energy
6 Water Energy
Empty Slots: 13

Possible Thoughts
Articuno(ancient trait)
Kyurem-EX
Octillery(break)
Unknown
Energy Switch
Enhanced Hammer

I am open to any thoughts you have but the main purpose of the deck is to have the same hand size of your opponent and swing with glalie. If you have any thoughts or questions let me know i will gladly answer! Thanks!
Translasions

Last edited by a moderator:

Creez

Aspiring Trainer
what do you think of Battle Reporter from furious Fist, if you opponent have an incredible hand size you can have the same so it can advantage yourself and you would have the same hand size, so your attack work :p

RazorX_83

Starmie's not ammused.
what do you think of Battle Reporter from furious Fist, if you opponent have an incredible hand size you can have the same so it can advantage yourself and you would have the same hand size, so your attack work :p
oh yeah i forgot about that card ill definitely test that thanks!

SRreplet51

Aspiring Trainer
Yes like pointed out I think a pair of battle reporters would be good, again like mentioned I think ancient trait articuno is a good call for non ex attackers, try a 1-1 line of octillery as it helps with hand sizes also I'd say drop the Giovanni's plans for sycamores and maybe throw in one muscle band because not all your glalies will have spirit links attached and sometimes you need that extra twenty damage but you would rather use supporters like judge and battle reporter on your turn. These are some suggestions, feel free to disagree and good luck with glalie ex.

poke4trade

Raising Ash
oh yeah i forgot about that card ill definitely test that thanks!
I use it all the time as a one off. and
Yes like pointed out I think a pair of battle reporters would be good, again like mentioned I think ancient trait articuno is a good call for non ex attackers, try a 1-1 line of octillery as it helps with hand sizes also I'd say drop the Giovanni's plans for sycamores and maybe throw in one muscle band because not all your glalies will have spirit links attached and sometimes you need that extra twenty damage but you would rather use supporters like judge and battle reporter on your turn. These are some suggestions, feel free to disagree and good luck with glalie ex.

I use battle reporter all the time as a one off and it works out pretty good. But I know it is not for everyone.
I did a deck list for M Glalie at the form below if you want to check it out. But if your going to run Judge and battle reporter you could use Tornadus.

Basic
Tornadus

2 Colorless
Push Down 20
You may have your opponent switch his or her active pokemon with 1 of his or her benched pokemon

3 Colorless
Twister throw 60
If you have the same number of cards in your hand as your opponent this attack does 60 more damage.

That is a one hit knockout on Regice for 120.

http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/threads/m-glalie-ex-regice-articuno.126154/#post-2748084

Yo-yos

DP and hoenn era, when tcg was dope
For glalie 3-4, you need the mega after you hit for 100, you also don't need giovannis in this deck for draw power or attack power because your never going to have a small hand in standard unless you shauna, you hit for 250 in total. If regice is a problem, escape rope lysandre.

poke4trade

Raising Ash
For glalie 3-4, you need the mega after you hit for 100, you also don't need giovannis in this deck for draw power or attack power because your never going to have a small hand in standard unless you shauna, you hit for 250 in total. If regice is a problem, escape rope lysandre.

That is a good tactic. Sometimes I feel it is a bit hard to get off all at the same time. But a lot times, if the opponent reads that it is your only play, they will play a single regice and stack energy on them, and won't play anything on their bench. Sort of like the old pyroar decks. Shrugs...it could go either way though on both methods.

Urfy

Aspiring Trainer
I dont know if this will help you, but if I got this right, you must have 10 or more damage counters on M. Glalie to be able to hit 250, right? Then... isn't Rainbow Energy good for this deck? Sometimes you just go straight to M Glalie and hit 250. You'll use 4 Ultra all and Shaymin EX, maybe Red Card could help you, its easy to manipulate your hand size from 6 cards to 4 with so many item cards.

Last edited by a moderator:

SilverSilent

Dem Eeveelutions
I dont know if this will help you, but if I got this right, you must have 10 or more damage counters on M. Glalie to be able to hit 250, right? Then... isn't Rainbow Energy good for this deck? Sometimes you just go straight to M Glalie and hit 250. You'll use 4 Ultra all and Shaymin EX, maybe Red Card could help you, its easy to manipulate your hand size from 6 cards to 4 with so many item cards.

Rainbow energy is a good card for many reasons. But the main reason I see him not playing it over Double Colorless Energy is because DCE offers him more chances to attack. Rainbow Energy is only providing one energy at a time. True it gives him a free counter, but it's more susceptible to Enhanced Hammer and Xerosic than DCE is because it'll give your opponent more of a chance to get rid of it before you can attack. Still, I do see your point and it's more than possible the reward outweighs the risk.

Ariados is a solid card for this deck as it provides you free damage on your opponent and makes Glalie EX take damage in turn when you Mega Evolve can then remove the Poison when you are ready to attack and deal massive damage.

If this was an expanded deck too, Frozen City would be an amazing card for this deck.

Yo-yos

DP and hoenn era, when tcg was dope
That is a good tactic. Sometimes I feel it is a bit hard to get off all at the same time. But a lot times, if the opponent reads that it is your only play, they will play a single regice and stack energy on them, and won't play anything on their bench. Sort of like the old pyroar decks. Shrugs...it could go either way though on both methods.

Target whistle.

dwarfstar

bread and roses and spiders
One important thing to remember is that you want to have a couple of mons in there to take the Active spot in the early game as you're setting Glalie up. Sure, the object is to get M-Glalie weakened enough that it can OHKO the format with Cryomouth, but the problem is that it'll be incredibly vulnerable to almost every attacker in the format once it is. In order to get momentum on your side, the first M-Glalie needs to set up on the Bench where it's harder to target, so you need another attacker for the early game. Palkia-EX could be useful for that (and also speeds up the setup on Glalie, which is always appreciated). I'd also recommend teching in a copy of Rough Seas for those times when you need to stall a little longer to get your ideal setup.