• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Alt. Format Future: Water.Deck (Palkia EX / Primal Kyogre EX / Golduck BREAK)

RazorX_83

Starmie's not ammused.
Pokemon: 16

3 Palkia EX
3-3 Primal Kyogre EX
2-2-2 Golduck BREAK
1 Articuno (Ancient Trait)
Supporters/Stadiums/Trainers: 32

4 Professor Birch's Observations
2 Giovanni's Plans
2 Skyla
1 Lysandre

1 Rough Seas

4 Dive Ball
4 VS Seeker
3 Trainer's Mail
3 Kyogre Spirit Link
2 Max Potion
2 Switch
1 Escape Rope
1 Professor's Letter
1 Super Rod
1 Weakness Policy
Energy: 12

12 Water Energy
Strategy:

Hello guys, Im here with my latest deck list "Water.DECK". Its a fast deck that usually wishes to start with Palkia EX similar to Virizion EX. Primal Kyogre EX is the main attacker that does a lot of splash damage that Articuno can clean up later. Golduck BREAK can help keep steady streams of attacks going and allow you to max potion for free. If you need to stall for a bit Articuno and Kyogre EX can stall with sleep while Golduck can discard a special energy for a single energy. Giovanni's plans is to help with the math a bit and things of that nature. Im open to any ideas and input and if you have any questions feel free to ask and have a great day!

Palkia-EX – Water – HP180
Basic Pokemon

[W][W] Aqua Turbo: 40 damage. Search your deck for 2 [W] Energy and attach them to 1 of your Benched Pokemon. Shuffle your deck afterwards.

[W][W][W][W] Pearl Hurricane: 120 damage. Choose 1 of your opponent’s Benched Pokemon. This attack does 30 damage to it.

When a Pokemon-EX has been Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.

Weakness: Grass (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 2

Golduck BREAK – Water – HP140
BREAK Evolution

Ability: Hyper Trans
As often as you like during your turn (before your attack), you may move a Basic Energy from 1 of your Pokemon to another 1 of your Pokemon.

This Pokemon has the attacks, Abilities, Weakness, Resistance, and Retreat Cost of the Golduck it Break Evolved from.

Golduck – Water – HP100
Stage 1 – Evolves from Psyduck

[W] Derail: 20 damage. Discard a Special Energy attached to your opponent’s Active Pokemon.

[W][C][C] Hydro Splash: 70 damage.

Weakness: Grass (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 1

Last edited:

SRreplet51

Aspiring Trainer
I do very honestly think that this deck has aa loooott of potential a friend of mine had talked to me about the idea there is three things I'd like to say, first of all I love the list you've made, second maybe 3 sycamore and 3 birch might be better and third try and find space for a third spirit link because of consistency purposes and because if even one gets prized, immediate disadvantage.

RazorX_83

Starmie's not ammused.
I do very honestly think that this deck has aa loooott of potential a friend of mine had talked to me about the idea there is three things I'd like to say, first of all I love the list you've made, second maybe 3 sycamore and 3 birch might be better and third try and find space for a third spirit link because of consistency purposes and because if even one gets prized, immediate disadvantage.
Thanks for the kind words! I was thinking about actually switching out the sycamores out for Giovanni's Plans. I originally had three spirit links but i needed more switching so it became the escape rope. If you have any other suggestions i would love to hear them.

ejorange

Aspiring Trainer
I don't know how you would fit this in there, but Archie's Ace in the Hole could potentially add a whole lot of speed to this deck too (can get back both Kyogre and Golduck Break). You also probably want more than 1 Rough Seas.

RazorX_83

Starmie's not ammused.
I don't know how you would fit this in there, but Archie's Ace in the Hole could potentially add a whole lot of speed to this deck too (can get back both Kyogre and Golduck Break). You also probably want more than 1 Rough Seas.
I've definitely been considering both but as you stated i am pretty tight on space but ill see what i can do thanks for the suggestion!

SRreplet51

Aspiring Trainer
I do think that the sycamores would be better than Giovanni's plans however but yet again we don't know the potential of the card yet so it is definitely worth a try and oh ok yea that's true you would need a decent amount of switch cards I do still think if u can find the something to take out for the third link you should, but it's totally up to you, it's your deck I hope it's a lot of fun and once again good luck.

RazorX_83

Starmie's not ammused.
I do think that the sycamores would be better than Giovanni's plans however but yet again we don't know the potential of the card yet so it is definitely worth a try and oh ok yea that's true you would need a decent amount of switch cards I do still think if u can find the something to take out for the third link you should, but it's totally up to you, it's your deck I hope it's a lot of fun and once again good luck.
My thoughts of Giovanni's Plans are kyogre can swing for 170 and palkia can swing for 140 plus an extra 30 is again 170. i took out one of the trainer's mails for the 3rd link just because with the large amount of energy i play they arent always that useful.

RazorX_83

Starmie's not ammused.
Should I even play trainer's mail. I play a lot of pokemon(16) and energy (12) and i was wondering is it even worth it?

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
If you have space for it, I'd nearly say that Trainer's Mail is always worth it, as such. I think it is more of a case of "Should I use something else for similar but slightly better consistency?" or "Is can I use some good techs instead?". In your case, I'd imagine you need some sort of consistency, especially with the amount of non-draw supporters you're planning on using. Acro Bike, Shaymin-EX and Unown are effectively your other decent types of draw support. Trainer's Mail has a significant advantage of getting Dive Balls, Supporters and Spirit Links, which seem to be instrumental in this deck's success. That said, Acro Bike and Shaymin may be necessary for the abundance of non-draw supporters. Shaymin isn't exceptionally usable in this deck due to just featuring Dive Ball as your search. I'd actually recommend removing Skyla and putting a couple of Sycamore, especially if you run Trainer's Mail.

My recommendations:
-2 Skyla
-1 VS Seeker

+3 Professor Sycamore

RazorX_83

Starmie's not ammused.
I was wondering if I should play a single copy of the secret rare primal kyogre from ancient origins

SRreplet51

Aspiring Trainer
Definitely play the primal clash one the alpha growth outclasses the theta max everyday plus you do already play max potion so your good

RazorX_83

Starmie's not ammused.
Definitely play the primal clash one the alpha growth outclasses the theta max everyday plus you do already play max potion so your good
good point thanks! Did you see Golduck BREAK and/or Palkia EX in the list for the new set?

ejorange

Aspiring Trainer
After the ruling of Archie plus pokemon break, I don't think golduck break will be a good idea.

RazorX_83

Starmie's not ammused.
After the ruling of Archie plus pokemon break, I don't think golduck break will be a good idea.
i use it a lot in this deck. Ive tested a primal kyogre deck for a while with energy switches to keep a steady stream of attacks going but with Golduck BREAK i can do so much more whether it be healing or attacking or whatever it does a lot in this and with dive balls it decently easy to get out.

Yo-yos

DP and hoenn era, when tcg was dope
energy line is fine enough as is, though it would probably be better to just eliminate palkia EX and put in a non EX based attacker that can gain synergy with kyogre and essentially not have grass weakness if possible.

3 sycamore
2 shauna (shauna is guaranteed draw power birch is not, do not bank luck to win you a game
1 Giovanni's Plans (just like skyla, you would rather never draw into this card if you can help yourself, instead you would rather put it somewhere you have optimal access to, the discard
1 Skyla (card is an essential tech not worth more then 1 slot in your deck, you would rather draw into cards for efficiency
2 Lysandre (better then both of the above cards
the thing is you would rather use VS seeker on giovannis and skyla and never play it from your hand directly if you can help it, aside from the first time you play it

3 Rough Seas (in a stadium heavy format, you drop 1 rough sea's you deck is done, up it to 4 if you can, max potion is nice but slows down your deck if your ability locked, and 2 faded town or a stadium and 1 faded town wins the matchup and loses you the matchup overall, even if you run 4 max potion, your not willing to waste it when you know that 30-40 dmg pre courser hit was just a ruse to hit for 200 next turn you can rough seas away during your turn.

4 Dive Ball
4 VS Seeker
4 Trainer's Mail
3 Kyogre Spirit Link
3 Switch
4 max potion
1-2 Professor's Letter
1-2 energy retrieval

I took out stuff like weakness policy as a 1 of doesn't make much of an impact in the vespiquen or mega sceptile matchup take the auto loss or play hard, I got rid of super rod as essentially 3 EX's in the discard or 2 non EX's and 2 EX's in the discard = game lose, whats worth having cards in your deck late game you would rather have mid game? Escape rope for an extra switch and 2 lysandre, you want certain pokemon out, escape rope is OU in our format and most people will put down 1 pokemon on the bench per game that will never see active play or will turn into an additional attacker when the time is right but is intended as trade bait for the expected single escape rope I see 90% of all players play in there deck. Max potion at 4 because you intend on using golduck take full advantage of it, 2 prof's letter and 2 energy retrieval, primal kyogre takes large energy to setup attacks, leaving energy to be lost when one of your attackers goes down, having access to 2 for kyogre's ability works in tandem for effectively setting up the attack for when you need it.

poke4trade

Raising Ash
My suggestion is to play Zorak Break and float stone. You can switch back and forth between attackers. Honestly I think the major hurdle is the weakness. I almost think Glalie/Zorak/Palka/Rainbow energy will be a better play because Glalie is weak to metal. The pokemon might stay around a little longer in a vespquen matchup. But honestly with night march hitting for 200 to 220 on turn 2 and Vespequen hitting for 280 due to weakness on turn 2. I don't see this deck being seriously competitive. A better bet, possibly, is to sneak in a couple of Toad's and run it with palka/Galalie/Zorak and pray a vespquin doesn't knock you for 180 on your opponents 2nd turn. You can use the rainbow energy on Zorak if need be to take down a raquaza at little cost.

On a side note, it is always fun to try and I appreciate the deck list share.

One more thought -- right now in the new meta -- I'm either seeing opponents play Giritinia/Toad or Vespquen/Night March. I'm predicting these decks, which function a lot like the old meta decks, will pretty much dominate the new meta for some time. So I'm trying to figure out how to play against them in every deck I build. It's sort annoying and comes to a point where you gonna need to join them versus play against them if you want to stay competitive. Shrugss...but I still like to build all those really cool under dog decks and gamble a bit on them. :0)