• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded Volt Bolt (Raikou EX / Zekrom / Eelektrik)

porkchop

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon:
  • 4 Raikou EX – Dark Explorers
  • 4 Eelektrik – Noble Victories
  • 4 Tynamo – Noble Victories
  • 1 Suicune – Plasma Blast
  • 2 Zekrom – Legendary Treasures
  • 2 Kyurem – Legendary Treasures
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:
  • 2 Professor Sycamore
  • 2 Colress
  • 2 N
  • 1 Xerosic
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 3 VS Seeker
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 2 Level Ball
  • 1 Computer Search
  • 1 Super Rod
  • 1 Professor’s Letter
  • 1 Battle Compressor
  • 3 Eviolite
  • 4 Skyarrow Bridge
Energy:
  • 2 Double Colorless Energy
  • 11 Lightning Energy
Strategy:

I think this deck should go first, if possible. Start out with either a Zekrom, Kyurem, or Raikou EX, but you usually want to start with Zekrom or Kyurem, but Raikou EX is okay, too. Start with at least one Tynamo on the bench, if possible, and at least one Raikou EX, if possible. Start out the turn by using whatever is in your hand to try to set up for a second turn Vor Bolt from Raikou EX. Try to attach a Lightning Energy to Zekrom or Kyurem, so you can retreat them next turn with the help of Skyarrow Bridge, as well as get out as many Tynamo’s as possible, as long as you have an Eelektrik in your hand or ways to possibly get them next turn. Next, try to get out Skyarrow Bridge so you can retreat your Zekrom or Kyurem in the active position. Don’t worry about discarding too many Lightning Energies because you will always have Eelektrik there to get them back. As the game progresses, having Skyarrow Bridge as well as two or three Eelektrik’s in play is very important. After using Volt Bolt, put the energies from the discard onto another Raikou EX (Because of Dynamotor) and retreat Raikou EX for free (Because of Skyarrow Bridge) and repeat. Try to hit your opponent’s EX Pokémon before they become a big threat, or just hit your opponent’s support Pokémon before they get a chance to actually do anything. I think this deck has potential, it just needs to be edited. I would like to hear your feedback on my deck.

I like the concept of what you are trying to do in this deck but here are some things you should take note of.

- Suicune literally can't attack, meaning it can be a sitting duck if you're not careful.
- Raikou EX already is potentially better than Zekrom and Zekrom is easily avoided. Kyurem is already doing this job and covering a different weakness types.
- Eviolite in my opinion could be swapped for a better tool such as Muscle Band or even Wide Lens.
- Xerosic is kind of feels randomly placed as well and could be used for a better supporter.
- Your support line seems fairly low as well and may run in to consistency issues.

With this said, here are some ideas.

- Wide Lens could be really nice for Raikou EX, it will be able to hit benched Pokémon for Weakness. Things like Rayquaza will suffer greatly from this.
- Muscle Band is another option as well to again more damage for Kyurem if it's not knocked out.
- M. Manectric is also a good option for this deck if Eelektric is not able to be played and can recycle two basic energy from the discard for 110 damage as well.
- Shaymin EX is a great card to help speed up decks if you're not playing supporter heavy, giving you up to six fresh cards if your hand is low.
- If you choose to keep Eviolite, replace it with Hard Charm, it ensures reduced damage regardless of evolution.
- If you feel like Raikou EX is not cutting it, try Zekrom EX with Strong Volt, it possibly Slower but once set up it will be easy to recycle, course it'll still be a 2OHKO against 180 HP+ Pokémon with Lasers so keep that in mind.
- Bouffalant from Legendary Treasures may seem like a weird option, but for a DCE you can use Revenge for 90 damage and have a set up turn around for the Knock Out with a fully charged Raikou to OHKO any 180 HP Pokémon and possibly getting a +1 prize trade.
- Going back to great support Pokémon, Jirachi-EX is another great tech if you need more draw support. Stellar Guidance allows you to grab a supporter from your deck, meaning if your having draw drought, this can change it and possibly shuffle your deck up to a better consistency.
- Max Potion maybe an option as well, this would go better with the M. Manectric combo as you'd be charging Raikou better after using it.
- Mewtwo EX is always a solid card. With Eelektric, you can power up Mewtwo's X-Ball attack for massive damage.
- Lastly, Druddigon is also like Bouffalant and has Revenge, the biggest thing is HP wise it has a bit more.

These are some of the ideas you could use for your deck. I'd add number counts, but there are so many different ways to build on this that I'll let you test them out for yourself and see what fits your play style.

I hope this helps and good luck!

Thanks for the feedback! I will certainly consider what you have said, as it seems very helpful. Thanks again.

Pokemon:
  • 4 Raikou EX – Dark Explorers
  • 4 Eelektrik – Noble Victories
  • 4 Tynamo – Noble Victories
  • 1 Suicune – Plasma Blast
  • 2 Zekrom – Legendary Treasures
  • 2 Kyurem – Legendary Treasures
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:
  • 2 Professor Sycamore
  • 2 Colress
  • 2 N
  • 1 Xerosic
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 3 VS Seeker
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 2 Level Ball
  • 1 Computer Search
  • 1 Super Rod
  • 1 Professor’s Letter
  • 1 Battle Compressor
  • 3 Eviolite
  • 4 Skyarrow Bridge
Energy:
  • 2 Double Colorless Energy
  • 11 Lightning Energy
Strategy:

I think this deck should go first, if possible. Start out with either a Zekrom, Kyurem, or Raikou EX, but you usually want to start with Zekrom or Kyurem, but Raikou EX is okay, too. Start with at least one Tynamo on the bench, if possible, and at least one Raikou EX, if possible. Start out the turn by using whatever is in your hand to try to set up for a second turn Vor Bolt from Raikou EX. Try to attach a Lightning Energy to Zekrom or Kyurem, so you can retreat them next turn with the help of Skyarrow Bridge, as well as get out as many Tynamo’s as possible, as long as you have an Eelektrik in your hand or ways to possibly get them next turn. Next, try to get out Skyarrow Bridge so you can retreat your Zekrom or Kyurem in the active position. Don’t worry about discarding too many Lightning Energies because you will always have Eelektrik there to get them back. As the game progresses, having Skyarrow Bridge as well as two or three Eelektrik’s in play is very important. After using Volt Bolt, put the energies from the discard onto another Raikou EX (Because of Dynamotor) and retreat Raikou EX for free (Because of Skyarrow Bridge) and repeat. Try to hit your opponent’s EX Pokémon before they become a big threat, or just hit your opponent’s support Pokémon before they get a chance to actually do anything. I think this deck has potential, it just needs to be edited. I would like to hear your feedback on my deck.
First of all, run Hard Charm over Eviolite, since Eviolite doesn't work on Elektrik. I would run a 4th VS Seeker for sure. 11 Lightning is WAY too many. Drop it down to about 8 or 7. I would put in a 3rd or even a 4th DCE, and probably a Lugia EX AOR or Mewtwo EX. Max Potion and/or AZ, higher supporter count, like 4 Sycamore, and some item-based draw, like Trainer's Mail and/or Acro Bike, or even both. Probably 3-4 Trainer's Mail, and about the same for Acro Bike (if you choose to run it).

Your list looks great, just needs another heavy hitter besides Raikou EX. Some suggestions are:
Seismitoad EX: probably 2 would be all you needed.
Zekrom EX: overall strong attacker, and if you run Muscle Bands, Strong Volt hits for 170.
Magnezone EX FLF: You could go down to 3 Raikou EX to fit in one.
Manectric EX/Mega Manectric EX: If you run a thick line of this, you can ease up a bit on the Elektriks (like a 2-2 line). I would run a 4-3 line of Manectric, with 3 Spirit Links, but that's just my preference. You'd have to run Rough Seas for this one, though. And possibly some Float stones.
Rayquaza EX DRX: just overall powerful, and incredibly straightforward. Predictable too, I admit, but what can your opponent do about it?

And if you run any of the above, I would very, VERY highly recommend (practically request)
Hoopa EX & Shaymin EX. Really, I don't see why you don't run at least shaymin already. But if the list works for you, who am I to judge?

Raikou EX is a very fun and powerful card, and I'm glad to see that it's getting some love.

Hope this helps! (and sorry if my response was a bit lengthy)

Okay, so after reading both of your comments, I have come up with an edited list. Here are my changes:
- 2 Zekrom
- 3 Eviolite
- 1 Eelektrik
- 1 Tynamo
- 4 Lightning Energies
- 1 Xerosic

+ 3 Hard Charm
+ 2 Manectric EX
+ 2 M Manectric EX
+ 2 Manectric Spirit Link
+ 1 Hoopa EX
+ 1 VS Seeker
+ 1 Max Potion

Again, thanks for the feedback, and feel free to add more if you still think there is something wrong with my numbers.

What about the engine? try this

• 2 Professor Sycamore
  • 1 Colress
  • 2 N
  • 1 Xerosic
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 4 VS Seeker
  • 2 Ultra Ball
  • 4 Level Ball
  • 1 Computer Search
  • 1 Super Rod
  • 3 Battle Compressor
  • 2 muscle band
  • 3 Skyarrow Bridge
  • 2 switch
  • 1 wally's
Tbh you don't need prof's letter, you just need solid draw power to draw into dynamotor for setup playing battle compressor gives you a defined option through VS seeker for better draw power and more access to energy for your eels to set things up on the bench for when you need it you also don't want any energy in your deck if your playin mono electric in here, so adding more battle compressor achieve the engine efficiently, running 1 Wally's gives you the option of a turn 1 eel on the bench for a fast turn 1 energy setup to hit for 120 turn 2 if you go first or second, running more level ball is better then ultra ball is better because you need your eels out more then you need your attackers, if you run an aggressive draw based game and run a decent amount of attackers, thinning your deck out of eels early game makes for drawing into attackers much more efficiently. Muscle band is a question of if you want the ko or not.

If you want to add mewtwo, add DCE. Deck also does not need mega manectric at all, it creates a conflict of consistency with the engine.

If you want to add mewtwo, add DCE. Deck also does not need mega manectric at all, it creates a conflict of consistency with the engine.
A guy I know went at least 3-0-0 at an LC with a deck that focused on Mega Manectric, Rayquaza EX DRX, 1 Raikou EX, a 2-2 Elektrik line, and a Zapdos ROS, among other stuff I don't remember. Last I saw him, he was playing against Seismitoad/Giratina in the 4th round or so. Don't know how he did.

Instead of running the Zek. Why not run a Zapdos. This way it syenergizes well with kyurem's out rage.

^how is that good? In a bat/variant matchup all I can ever do is thank you for the free prize.

As for the person who went 3-0-0 with a jank deck, that just means that he's a solid player who tested the deck through and through, if another person picked up the deck or they played outside there area I doubt that they would have those result's.

What about 1 keldeo EX plus float stone so you can both get out of statusesand reliable get raikou onto the bench to refuel every turn.

I would add Manectric-EX, you don't need the mega. It OHKO Mega Ray if he has a tool card.

A wide lens is great to OHKO shaymin on the bench. I would add 1 water if you keep suicune.

Back