• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Beautifly / Miltank

double o squirtle

Sweet Summer Child
Pokemon: 15
  • 4 Wurmple
  • 4 Silcoon
  • 4 Beautifly
  • 3 Miltank (Flash Fire)
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 34
  • 3 Level Ball
  • 3 Ultra Ball
  • 4 Roller Skates
  • 4 Muscle Band
  • 3 Trainers' Mail
  • 2 VS Seeker
  • 2 Sacred Ash
  • 2 Xerosic
  • 2 Shauna
  • 1 Professor Sycamore
  • 2 Wally
  • 1 Teammates
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 3 Forest of Giant Plants
Energy: 11
  • 7 Grass Energy
  • 4 Double Colorless Energy
Strategy:

The strategy is to use Beautifly as a wall and an attacker and then if possible have Miltank attack for 80 damage.

Lanstar

The Cutest of Ladies
I have a deck much like this one, and it's really fun to use! Some recommendations:

-Put in 4 Plant Forest instead of three - You want it out as quick as possible.
-With the stadium out, wally probably isn't needed so much.
-2 Xerosic might not be needed for your strategy, as they're better used when you need to remove Head Ringers from your own EX's.
-Roller Skates might be somewhat unrelyable, but if your play style is to use such a gamble, that is fine - Though switching a couple of them with Sycamore wouldn't hurt.
-1 Sacred Ash should be enough for this deck, and adding an energy recycler can be useful. Even more, once the super rod is reprinted for standard, it will do better for this deck than both of those options.
-Having 7 Basic pokemon is somewhat risky, as you may end up not getting basics at the start... My deck has 4 Miltank, and a Bunnelby AT - It's used to get Double Colorless Energy back.

Anyways, It's quite a nice rouge deck, even though it might not do as well against certain Non-Ex's.

double o squirtle

Sweet Summer Child
Thanks for the tips :p
Now that I think about it 7 basics wouldn't be that good and Wally is pretty unnecessary...
but I'm happy to change it if I'll make a better play.

neophenx

Pokemon Mentor
This is just a thought so hear me out...
Why no Dustox? It carries a 50 damage snipe attack and takes extra prizes for getting KO's. Night March seems popular at the moment, so if you could pull off one of them quickly, you can land a good prize lead off a benched Joltik worth 2 prizes, or if you finish off a damaged EX that's hiding on the bench, even get 3 prizes on a single KO. Again, just a thought. It might be worth one or two spots in the deck, I think, if anyone's tried it?

double o squirtle

Sweet Summer Child
I didn't include Dustox because it's basic is also Wurmple meaning I would have to subtract a Beautifly, although your suggestions are a nice idea I think that if you should make a deck like this you might want to try it yourself.

Mora

Don't Panic
You wouldn't have to take out a Beautifly. You could just find room an additional two spaces for a Cascoon and Dustox. You don't want to cut Beautifly since that's your main strategy, but there's no reason you can't add Dustox. The rule about not playing more than four copies of a card doesn't apply to Beautifly and Dustox, and since Dustox would be more of a tech, something you wouldn't use in every matchup, playing 4 Wurmple and 5 Pokémon that evolve from Wurmple is not that absurd, even though it may look weird on paper.

Yumikora

cd / Back to the roots
I don't think it is a good idea to include dustox, since it really hurts the consistency
Over all i don't think it's necessary to play sacred ash nor energy retrieval, because you have enough pokemons to attack and also enough energies.
I tested my own beautifly miltank deck and I want it to share with you. I see some good options for my own deck in your deck list, thank you for that.
Maybe my deck will help you too?

Pokémon: 18
4x Wurmple ROS 3/108
4x Silcoon ROS 4/108
4x Beautifly ROS 5/108
4x Miltank FLF 83/106
2x Shaymin-EX ROS 77/108​

Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 32
4x Professor Birch's Observations
2x Professor Sycamore
2x Steve
2x Lysandre
2x VS Seeker
4x Muscle Band
4x Trainers Mail
4x Level ball
4x Ultra ball
4x Giant Plant Forest​

Energy: 10
6x Grass Energy
4x DCE​

I will not say my list is better, I just think it has a lot more consitency then yours.
First thought here could be: "But is it really fast enough to bench a Beautifly first turn?"
It is indeed fast enough to manage this, not every time for sure, but with my 100 games played with this deck I would give it a 70% chance.
Secound thought - why this useless Steve? and yeah, you could be right, that he is useless. It helped myselfe in some games - when I just needed an energy and draw support for next turn, I just played Steve. So I could attack with Miltank and next turn get a fresh hand.
Maybe I switch one Steve for the Teammates, like you have it in your list.

But finally - I can recommend this deck and this decklist - hopefully my list helps you to improve your deck!

Last edited:

double o squirtle

Sweet Summer Child
So far I haven't played against that so I can't really give you an answer however, it doesn't do that bad against night march.

I don't think it is a good idea to include dustox, since it really hurts the consistency
Over all i don't think it's necessary to play sacred ash nor energy retrieval, because you have enough pokemons to attack and also enough energies.
I tested my own beautifly miltank deck and I want it to share with you. I see some good options for my own deck in your deck list, thank you for that.
Maybe my deck will help you too?

Pokémon: 18
4x Wurmple ROS 3/108
4x Silcoon ROS 4/108
4x Beautifly ROS 5/108
4x Miltank FLF 83/106
2x Shaymin-EX ROS 77/108​

Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 32
4x Professor Birch's Observations
2x Professor Sycamore
2x Troy
2x Lysandre
2x VS Seeker
4x Muscle Band
4x Trainers Mail
4x Level ball
4x Ultra ball
4x Giant Plant Forest​

Energy: 10
6x Grass Energy
4x DCE​

I will not say my list is better, I just think it has a lot more consitency then yours.
First thought here could be: "But is it really fast enough to bench a Beautifly first turn?"
It is indeed fast enough to manage this, not every time for sure, but with my 100 games played with this deck I would give it a 70% chance.
Secound thought - why this useless Troy? and yeah, you could be right, that he is useless. It helped myselfe in some games - when I just needed an energy and draw support for next turn, I just played Troy. So I could attack with Miltank and next turn get a fresh hand.
Maybe I switch one Troy for the Teammates, like you have it in your list.

But finally - I can recommend this deck and this decklist - hopefully my list helps you to improve your deck!
What's Troy?

Last edited by a moderator:

Yumikora

cd / Back to the roots
Troy is Steve... sorry its the german name of the card.

I struggle against Landorus with this deck, because its impossible to OHKO it, it hits Miltank for weakness, and it can potentially knock out Beautifly one turn or get some dmg on it while setting up another on the bench. So it's really important to get rid of the landorus as fast as possible.

And I also made the experience that it works quite well against night march, because Miltank could knock out a joltik even without Beautifly (10 dmg + Muscle Band)

double o squirtle

Sweet Summer Child
I struggle against Landorus with this deck, because its impossible to OHKO it, it hits Miltank for weakness, and it can potentially knock out Beautifly one turn or get some dmg on it while setting up another on the bench. So it's really important to get rid of the landorus as fast as possible.

Landorus EX does seem like a pretty bad match up, but I play this deck for standard tournaments so I can't face it and I usually play a different deck for expanded (well if you're talking about the one from FFI then yes there is a little bit of danger for my miltanks :p).