• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard M Glalie EX / Regice / Articuno

Alexander08

Aspiring Trainer
Pokémon:
  • 4 Glalie EX
  • 4 M Glalie EX
  • 3 Regice
  • 3 Articuno (Ancient Trait)
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:
  • 4 Dive Ball
  • 4 Professor Sycamore
  • 1 Shauna
  • 1 Ace Trainer
  • 2 Professor Birch's Observations
  • 4 VS Seeker
  • 3 Battle Compressor
  • 3 Mega Turbo
  • 3 Switch
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 4 Glalie Spirit Link
  • 3 Silent Lab
Energy:
  • 8 Water Energy
  • 4 Double Colourless Energy
Strategy:

I came up with a quick list. The general idea is simple: hit things hard with Glalie. If they use a big stompy EX to take it out, use Regice to deal with it and slow down the game while you do it. Articuno is also there to slow things down by putting your opponent to sleep (although it's kinda inconsistent in my opinion).

It seems solid but... it seems to lack a solid kind of synergy, so I thought I'd take it to you lovely people to see if you could maybe help me out. Any ideas on how to improve it?

Could you first please provide the Glalie EX and M Glalie EX's details; I can't seem to find them.

Good list try to run either 2 shaymin ex or a 2-2 line of octillery just to some out your draws. If you were to put two shaymin in id say do this:
- 1 articuno
-1 regice
-1 ace trainer
-2 dive ball
+2 shaymin ex
+3 Ultra ball
I'd you were to use the octillery line I would do this
-1 regice
-1 articuno
-1 ace trainer
-1 switch
+2 octillery
+2 remoraid
Anyway these are my suggestions feel free to agree or disagree and good luck.

Honestly, I'd probably wait for Palkia EX before I attempted a water deck in this meta.
But since you have a good skeleton list this is the changes I might consider.

Pokémon: 13
  • 3 Glalie EX
  • 2 Mega Glalie EX
  • 2 Regice
  • 2 Articuno (Ancient Trait)
  • 2 Lapras (XY base)
  • 2 Shaymin EX
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 35
  • 2 Dive Ball
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 3 Professor Sycamore
  • 1 Hex Maniac
  • 1 Ace Trainer
  • 2 Lysanders
  • 1 Professor Birch's Observations or Battle Reporter
  • 1 AZ
  • 4 VS Seeker
  • 2 Battle Compressor
  • 3 Mega Turbo
  • 2 Switch
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 3 Glalie Spirit Link
  • 3 Fairy Garden
Energy:12
  • 6 Water Energy
  • 4 Rainbow Energy
  • 2 Double Colorless Energy

Like I said, this would work better with Palkia EX, but here are my thoughts. You need to have damage on M Glalie EX for the attack and that is where the Rainbow Energy comes into play. Lapras is a reasonable start Pokemon. If you can get some energy into the discard pile, on first turn, you could have a reasonable play at having Regice, Articuno or Glalie EX charged on second turn. Also, since you need energy into the discard for Mega Turbo to work, I threw in more Ultra Balls and AZ. The AZ is for Shaymin EX, and for you to pull up any other Pokemon that are close to knock out. It only takes one energy to charge Lapras, so scooping something up with AZ and then charging Lapras, is a reasonable play as well. Lapras pulls energy from the discard pile or using AZ to scoop something up and then using Mega Turbo to scoop up Glalie EX is also a reasonable play. Since your playing Rainbow Energy, you could retreat the Pokemon with Fairy Garden and then play Articuno for the extra prize card, or Regice as a good blocker. Also, I threw in a couple of Lysandre because I just personally hate wasting an attack on a Robot Substitute as Gengar EX switches to the bench. The last couple of cards is Hex Maniac as it is a great play as it will turn off Wobbufett and other abilites. Personally, I don't like Professor Birche's Observation and I find myself playing Battle Reporter now. But, a lot of players just can't wrap their heads around it because they find it to be a situational card which is understandable, but for me it works because I find players always grasping for bigger and bigger hands.

Just a few thoughts, but I hoped I helped. Thanks for sharing your list!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back