Fun Porygon-Z Disruption

SilverSilent

Dem Eeveelutions
So, I'm thinking about making a fun little deck involving Porygon-Z (AOR 66) using it's attack Slowing Beam which makes your opponent's attack cost one energy more. Tack that one with Head Ringer, your opponent now has two energy to add on to get a potential KO. I do have some ideas I could use with the deck.

Ariados - Poison will help boost damage output since the attack does only a base 70.
Dragalge - Poison lock will be nice to keep our opponent from retreating.
Muscle Band - To get that 2 turn magic damage count of 210 with poison in two turns to stop at least M Manectric-EX.

That was kind of the base ideas I had in order to make it work. Any suggestions on how this could possibly work out?

I would definitely play hammers; there's obvious synergy there. Crawdaunt could be nice if you weren't already setting up a Stage 2 and multiple Stage 1's. Of course, I feel like this would auto-lose to Metal and still would have a bad match up against Manectric variants in general.

M. Manectric would most definitely hurt this deck as any energy acceleration deck would in general.

Crawdaunt maybe a better option than the Dragalge/Ariados combo as it would make my opponent lack even more energy than before. Of course Enhanced Hammer is always a must in this kind of deck.

As far as the draw engine, would you say it would be better to go Item/Shaymin-EX to opposed to a Support Heavy engine? I say this because there are cards like Xerosic and Team Flare Grunt which adds another aspect of energy disruption.

In Exapanded, I thought about using Mew-EX because of one, with Dimension Valley, Porygon-Z's first attack is free and you can hurt things like Vespiquen since it primarily relies on DCE (Double Colorless Energy) as it's primary energy and second would be because then you're not at a big of a risk of losing Porygon-Z.

I may try and throw a skeleton list up on this thread and see what you all think about the list before I put the whole thing on the Deck Garage.

Yeah, Shaymin-focused draw power is definitely appreciated in a deck built for Energy denial. I dig the Mew-EX/Dimension Valley idea as well (and even if Mew-EX doesn't end up going in, you're gonna want something to stop Silent Lab and other opposing Stadium cards, although I'd recommend going for Faded Town in Standard or if you opt not to throw Mew in for Expanded). One thing you're definitely going to want to do, though, is include a Hex Maniac or two in order to slow down Bronzong-acceleration decks like Metal Ray or any of the others we've been seeing. I'm still trying to figure out how best to cause trouble for Manectric decks outside of Faded Town, so lemme get back to you on that in a bit.

I actually have a deck like this built at the moment. I did decide to run a couple copies of Manectric EX because of its synergy with the head ringers that I play and making my basic energy electric. I do not run many enhanced hammers because porygodZ attack can eliminate all special energy. The item based draw is really helpful. I am just not sure what stadium to run, Maybe Training Center???

I actually have a deck like this built at the moment. I did decide to run a couple copies of Manectric EX because of its synergy with the head ringers that I play and making my basic energy electric. I do not run many enhanced hammers because porygodZ attack can eliminate all special energy. The item based draw is really helpful. I am just not sure what stadium to run, Maybe Training Center???
You've got a couple of options, depending on what you want out of it. Training Center does make Porygon-Z a little sturdier, which could be useful. Rough Seas lets those Manectric-EX stick around a little longer, but is also likely to benefit a fair number of opponents, since M-Manectric is all over the place and Water decks are going to get more common once Breakthrough hits the shelves (assuming we get Palkia-EX and Golduck BREAK in that set, which we probably will if Dialga-EX and Aegislash-EX are any indicator). Depending on what your primary source of draw power is, Silent Lab might be good to shut down opposing Shaymin-EX and other assorted annoyances, but I'd hesitate to run more than two in this particular deck because you need as many Supporter slots free as possible for Team Flare Grunt and Xerosic (meaning your own Shaymin-EX will be an important source of draw power).
How many slots do you have open in your deck for Stadium cards? If you run three, then I'd say test out a spread of 2 Training Center / 1 Silent Lab and see how that goes.

Most definitely I would pick Training Center or Silent Lab compared to Rough Seas. Another option would be Scorched Earth be cause of Porygon-Z's colorless attack, meaning I can use it to take advantage of that stadium as well. Even if I do use Crawdaunt, it could simply throw in AZ to ensure that I can use it multiple times. Giant Plant Forest maybe optional with Vileplume too, but I'm afraid that may be to clunky to run properly. I'm going to try and make a deck list of this today if I have time and post it on here to see everyone's opinion.

Back