• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Honey March (Vespiquen / Night March)

Thunder Crown

Aspiring Trainer
I have for you here today in my opinion the best variant of Vespiquen and Night March.

Pokemon: 27
  • 4 Pumpkaboo
  • 4 Joltik
  • 4 Lampent
  • 4 Unown
  • 4 Combee
  • 4 Vespiquen
  • 3 Shaymin-EX
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 26
  • 3 Professor Sycamore
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 1 Professor Birch’s Observations
  • 4 Battle Compressor
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 4 VS Seeker
  • 3 Acro Bike
  • 2 Muscle Band
  • 2 Forest of Giant Plants
  • 1 Escape Rope
Energy: 7
  • 4 Double Colorless Energy
  • 3 Lightning Energy
Strategy:

Doesn't need much explanation, but I include Escape Rope for Lysandre and bad starts and 1 Birch for when I have Energy in my hand or when about to deckout.

I'd have to say, this is quite an aggressive deck you're playing. Even more so since you chose Forest of Giant Plant Forest over Dimension Valley.

The only idea's I can throw out at is the low count of Forest of Giant Plants if you're going heavy on Vespiquen. You could most likely sacrifice a VS Seeker or Shaymin-EX to gain another Stadium. While this may seem risky I say that because you're running heavy on both VS Seeker and Shaymin-EX and that should be more than enough. Personally, I'd go with the VS Seeker incase you became item locked so that way you're still keeping your Shaymin-EX as a optimum draw engine alone. Otherwise, I see it a pretty solid deck and would most definitely be a threat to be reckoned with.

I hope this helps.

Good call on the stadiums. Could Faded Town be another option for this deck? It allows you to get extra chip damage on megas, but it is completely dependent on how popular Mega decks are in this format. Will definitely try out the other changes, thank you!

Faded Town is another option if you're going more towards dealing damage towards Night March more than Vespiquen. Like you said though, it'll depend how popular Mega Pokemon are outside of the usual M. Manectric, M Rayquaza, and P. Groudon. In all honesty, you should be fine without it. P.Groudon is weak against grass, M. Rayquaza loses to Joltik, so really M. Manectric is your only real threat as of right now, but it only has 210 HP so you should still be able to two hit knock it out easily.

Back