Werewolf Master Document & New Player Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hosting apps have been open for so long that I've already thought up flavour for the game that I submitted wherein I stated that I had no idea what the flavour would be.

Eh, I generally prefer not to write my games that far in advance. I'll usually write up roles and flavour a month or so before I'm running at the most, to make sure that my game accurately reflects the playerbase, inclinations, meta, etc. situation of the forums. Otherwise you might end up with problems like we've had recently where people have delicately crafted games for large numbers of players and are forced to cut and change things at the last minute, or other potential problems.

But if that works for you, may as well stick to it. To each their own. :p

For our game it ended up being nearly a year from when we applied for the game compared to when we actually started it, and so much meta changed through that gap. The game you submit could easily be entirely different to the final.

Wow, a whole year, that's kind of nuts. :p

Right now, I've got a general base idea of what I want to do with mechanics (not telling!) and what the flavour is going to be (PMD). Specifics and stuff will come later for a (hoepfully) better balanced game. Of course, I don't even know if I'll be getting a spot, so it could easily be at least a year before I run it anyway. >_>

EDIT: Of course if the WW/FG mods want to know more about my mechanics and flavour and stuff since it's been refined a lot in the million years since I sent my app, I would be happy to send a new application form with the additional details.

Eh, I generally prefer not to write my games that far in advance. I'll usually write up roles and flavour a month or so before I'm running at the most, to make sure that my game accurately reflects the playerbase, inclinations, meta, etc. situation of the forums. Otherwise you might end up with problems like we've had recently where people have delicately crafted games for large numbers of players and are forced to cut and change things at the last minute, or other potential problems.

But if that works for you, may as well stick to it. To each their own. :p

Yeah I generally stick to smaller games in general, where I host games we average 15-20 players anyways, so thats what I plan for :)

I simply enjoy writing them, I start with flavour though because I love flavour :p (often gets me in trouble for reading too much into flavour but whatevs)
In terms of mechanics, I like to spice it up, again depending on flavour. Ill take the flavour and see if theres any ways that I can adapt a standard Werewolf game to accurately reflect the flavour, adjusting mechanics where needed.

Im really hoping I get approved this time around, my mechanics for my application are my favourite of all of my hosted games! And it suits itself perfectly to our meta (as I've mentioned before) my roles aren't predetermined! My game can start regardless of the number of sign ups :)

Wow, a whole year, that's kind of nuts. :p

Right now, I've got a general base idea of what I want to do with mechanics (not telling!) and what the flavour is going to be (PMD). Specifics and stuff will come later for a (hoepfully) better balanced game. Of course, I don't even know if I'll be getting a spot, so it could easily be at least a year before I run it anyway. >_>

EDIT: Of course if the WW/FG mods want to know more about my mechanics and flavour and stuff since it's been refined a lot in the million years since I sent my app, I would be happy to send a new application form with the additional details.

Wow, I sent in a PMD- themed game application, too. Since it's so fitting with Super PMD in the works and all :p. And right now, my ideas and mechanics for it are almost different from what I put in the application since it's so long ago. Whether you and/or I get accepted, it's sure to be fun to participate in a PMD-themed game, whether as a host or a player. :)

Aaaaaand applications are now closed! Stay tuned for updates on the next hosts of WW :D

Another clump of definitions for the compendium:
Scumslip - Noun. To accidentally reveal that you are anti-town through poor phrasing or wording of your posts and/or revealing information which only mafia could know.
Anti-town - Noun. See Scum.
Independent - Noun. A player or duo who are neither town nor anti-town and have a win condition of their own.
Indie - Noun. See Independent.
Dumbtell - Verb. To feign ignorance about game mechanics in order to look more towny.

Also, I feel like the definition for Faction should be fixed up. There are more possible factions than just town, mafia or yourself -- especially things like multiball games.
Faction - Noun. Refers to the team you are playing on. For examples of factions see Town and Scum.

Last edited:
Camo-posting isn't really an actual term, nor does it mean anything specific. It's much more just a joke amongst players since Camo's playstyle is... unique. :p
Which is why new players might not know of it :V

Which is why new players might not know of it :V
Well the best thing would be:
Camo-posting - Verb. To post in the style of the infamous player @Camoclone. This involves lots of one or two liners and unnecessarily aggressive pressure focused almost entirely on newer players. True Camo-posting will also involve a nonsensical argument with @Celever, another player, starting on Day 1 and not ending until one of the players dies. This term should only be used on PokeBeach.

[14/09/2015 01:32:57] Celever: do you think the fact that Camo attacks me every game D1 lets me have a cameo in the definition? :D
[14/09/2015 01:33:55] Joaquin - Vom: lololol
[14/09/2015 01:34:07] Joaquin - Vom: you should definitely put yourself in it :p
Not me being egotistical, just confirming in case you were judging me >~>

Last edited:
Results from the current round of Werewolf hosting applications are here!
Congratulations to Reinforce, and thegrovylekid & Celever! They will be hosting these games:
  • Werewolf XXIX - by Thegrovylekid & Celever​
  • Werewolf XXX - by Reinforce​
Keep an eye out for the next round of applications in the future! Thanks!​

Do you think you could add the general types of roles to the list. IE Janitor, Watcher, Thief, Mayor etc.

Do you think you could add the general types of roles to the list. IE Janitor, Watcher, Thief, Mayor etc.
I have talked to Vom about this already and have already started compiling a list. Chances are it won't be published until after mine and TGK's game (the next one) since otherwise there might be speculation about roles I've included in my game based on the list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back