Writing Athena Plays Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon - Complete! FE7 Next?

I recommend Brave for Old Man (plot twist), Ice Espeon for Garnef (psychic + ice seems fitting :p) and Mora for Michalis (they're female and start with 'm').

EDIT: And DNA for Old Man 2 (Medeus).

(Now, are you going to forgo the characters who weren't voted for? [Not using them.])

As stated in the OP, I'm going to recruit them and then kill them off.

I recommend Brave for Old Man (plot twist), Ice Espeon for Garnef (psychic + ice seems fitting :p) and Mora for Michalis (they're female and start with 'm').

EDIT: And DNA for Old Man 2 (Medeus).

The Mora nom. is funny because you specifically mention that she's female even though Michalis is Minerva's brother.

But, sure, here's our current list of NPC noms:

Camus - Camo (final)
Nyna - TT (final)
Malledus - BV (final)
Gharnef - IE (1)
Michalis - Mora (1)
Medeus - DNA (final)

Last edited:
:D Yay! I got the Marth part! Many thanks to everyone that voted me! :)

:D I got a golden star! I wonder what it does... :p

Alright, since this is my first time here, this is pretty exciting! I can't wait for the first chapter!

Prologue 1 & 2: Prince Green flees for his life

Long, long ago, this badass earth dragon named DNA decided to conquer the continent of Archanea, mostly because he felt like it and spent a lot of time burninating and subjugating humans, ushering in a reign of terror for all humanity. However, a young man from Altea named Anri managed to get his grubby hands on a pretty sweet sword named Falchion and kicked DNA's ass, making things peaceful for, oh, about 100 years or so.

However, DNA wasn't killed only humiliated, and he spent most of those 100 years licking his wounds and preparing for revenge. He teemed up with an evil sorcerer and two proceeded to wreck havoc and destruction everywhere because they're bad guys so it was kind of expected of them. The King of Altea, descendant of Anri, took up the sacred sword and sallied forth to take care of DNA once again. He left his son, Prince Green heir to the throne and 778th of his name (it's a very long running family name I guess), and daughter, Princess Elice, at home to take care of themselves and to defend their homeland with the help of soldiers from the neighboring ally country Gra...

<Soldier> Hey, Prince Green, you around ?
<Green> 'Sup?
<Soldier> The princess wants to see you, so I came galloping over.
<Green> What's going on?
<Solder> I heard some rumours about something going on in Gra, but hell if I know the details; I'm just a grunt. I don't even get a unique portrait!
<Green> Fine, fine, I'll put on some pants and go see what she wants.​

Prince Green became a bit suspicious when suddenly the view shifted over to battle mode for him to walk to the throne room and chat up with his sister. Suddenly, evil music started playing and Green had a feeling that enemies were around.

<Green> Wait, you're Gra soldiers... why are you wearing red? That's enemy designation colours...
<EnemySoldier> Just put down your sword and surrender, okay?
<Green> Pfft, no way. I'm Prince of this country, man, I'm not going to listen to you. Now tell me what's going on.
<EnemySoldier> Fine, fine, I guess it's battle time. Come on out guys!​

A couple Fighters materialized from the shadows, but they were no match for Green. Seriously, those guys should have looked at the weapon triangle a bit. The lance wielding Soldiers closer to the throne were a bit tougher, but they only came at Green one by one and it only took a few rounds for him to slaughter his way to the throne where he sat and rested for a bit before his sister showed up.

<Elice> Whoa, Marth, you look a bit peaked. Hope you didn't run all the way here or something.
<Narth> No, but I did have to kill a few Gra soldiers... is something going on?
<Elice> Well, you see, we were betrayed by Gra...
<Green> Yeah, I kind of figured that one out on my own. >_>
<Elice> And as a result of that betrayal, our father and his army have been defeated.
<Green> What? Nooooooo!!!
<Elice> Gra stabbed him in the back while Dolhr and Grust attacked from the front. Our army didn't stand a chance. We don't know for sure if Fatehr is dead or not, but, well, chances aren't great.
<Green> Is that all the bad news you have?
<Elice> Nope! The Gra soldiers stationed here have also turned against Altea and are trying to capture the castle as we speak.
<Green> Oh, geez, I guess it's a good thing that I'm sitting on this throne and regaining my HP if I'm going to have to fight.
<Elice> Don't stay here and fight, I want you to escape.
<Green> Wait, what?
<Elice> Oh, please, don't kid yourself. You're a Level 1 Lord with an Iron Sword.
<Green> No way! I'm Level 2 now; I gained a level fighting those soldiers on the way here.
<Elice> Even still, you're very low leveled and one man against a while platoon of Gra's men. Since Father took the entire army with him, we have hardly any Altean soldiers here to fight so you'd be basically on your own. You don't stand a chance. The castle is as good as lost. Meet up with Jagen and get out of here.
<Green> What about you?
<Elice> I'm going to look for mom. We'll meet you later.
<Green> ... I have a really bad feeling about this.
<Elice> Oh, come on, a pretty young women alone in a castle being attacked by hordes of soldiers? What could possibly go wrong?
<Green> ... ... ...
<Elice> ^_^
<Green> I don't really have much choice in this matter, do I?
<Elice> Nope. ^_^
<Green> Alright, fine, I'll go. Just, uh, take care of yourself, ok?
<Elice> Goodbye, Green. <3
<Green> <3​

Green ran off to see if he could figure out where Jagen was but before he could get too far, he was accosted by a couple Cavaliers, Frey and Abel, two of the few remaining Altean soldiers.

<Green> Ohhey, you guys are still alive.
<Frey> That's a nice way to say hello.
<Abel> Princess Elice sent us to protect you, so let's get out of here.
<Green> Geez, guys, you know I'm a Level 2 now, right?
<Frey> Well, I guess you'll have plenty of time to show us your skills since we're about to be attacked by more Gra soldiers.
<Green> Hurray, more fighting! \o/​

Frey and Abel took up their arms and followed their Prince into battle, though they let him get the majority of the kills since they were nice like that. Abel ran forward to lure the archers closer so Green could kill them at close range, while Frey tanks a couple kills. Before too long, the soldiers were routed and Green led the others through the gates to meet up with Jagen.

<Green> Hey Jagen! I'm Level 4 now! :D
<Jagen> Good for you, princey. Now, are we ready to blow this popsicle stand?
<Green> Yeah, sure.
<Cain> *gallops in* Oh good, you're alive Prince Green! \o/
<Green> Hey, it's Cain too, 'sup? We're you supposed to be out fighting with my dad?
<Cain> Yeah, well, about that...
<Green> Ohmygosh, you're wounded!
<Jagen> Well, he just has to not die while we flee. Come on men, let's go!
<Green> Alright, alright, we're out of here.​

While Prince Green and his remaining men fled from the castle with their tails between their legs, Princess Elice sat demurely on the Altean throne, brushing her hair.

<BV> *rushes in* Princess! Please, we must go now!
<Elice> Nope, I'm staying here.
<BV> Wait, what?
<Elice> Well, someone has to hold the throne and stay here for the people of Altea.
<BV> But--
<Elice> No butts. Get going and meet up with Green to help him. If something happens to father, Green will be the only one alive who can wield Falchion. On the other hand, I'm rather expendable. Now get out of here.
<BV> Well.... alright then. *flees*​

Current Team:

Green: Lv. 4 Lord

Waiting for the Pyre:
Frey: Lv. 1 Cavalier
Abel: Lv. 1 Cavalier
Jagen: Lv. 1 Paladin
Cain: Lv. 1 Cavalier

Decisions:

We need to choose someone to sacrifice in Prologue 4! There actually is a specific in-game event where one of our party members will be killed as part of the plot instead of just dying in battle. Since these prologue chapters are so short, I'll probably do both 3 and 4 next time, so I want to get this vote in today.

Please vote for 1 of the following characters to be sacrificed: Frey, Abel, Cain, or Jagen

We'll also be killing off at least one more character in the prologue so we can recruit Norne, but that will be a regular death instead of the ritual sacrifice.

No reclassing yet, sadly; I don't think it becomes available to proper Chapter 4 or so, but Green can't be class changed anyway, so kind of a moot point.

Player Notes:

Welcome to Shadow Dragon! \o/

There are 4 Prologue chapter before the "main" game starts that were created specifically for this remake, and even then are only available in Normal mode. It's supposed to be a "mini tutorial" of sorts, slowly introducing you to the plot and mechanics instead of having everything dumped on you in a giant wall of text at the very beginning.

In terms of play, these levels are very easy, and I'm mostly just using them to funnel EXP into Green, especially since none of the characters we have right now will be used in the game; our next permanent recruit, Gordin/TGK, will come in at P4. I thought about killing off one of the Cavs in P2 already, but I figured I should give you guys the full cast as available sacrifices before we start in on that, so feel free to vote for that. We'll probably see our first death P3.

That said, I will be keeping death on the low end in the beginning just to make sure we can get through well enough until we start building up a few usable characters; probably around C3-C4 is when the real bloodbath will begin.

In the meantime, I hope you all are enjoying this little beginning part and are looking forward to the playthrough. :3

haha, I love how green is happy about himself going through levels.

I think I'll vote Frey too. I'm only going by design since I never played FE so I don't really know anyone. :p

You know what? scratch that - UNVOTE. I'll go for Abel since he is all green and there can be only one Green in this story.

Hehe, honestly the chapter was hilarious. Its humour was great and witty. Lol, "Elise" responds with emoticon ^-^ ... xD, a "prince" salutes with " 'Sup?" haha, oh boy those were good. And I'm the 778th descendant xD Again, clever humour and great job with writing it!

Let's say... Abel. Only one Green must alive in this play-through... xD

I'm joining the majority ship here and voting for Frey to be voted off the island sacked.

Really good start here Athena and looking forward to the next part of the story.

It won't really take that much effort. The Prologue chapters are very easy, and I should be able to lure single units in with an unequipped Cav for you to kill and get EXP. In some respects, it's actually easier since I don't have to worry about letting other units gets EXP (or even survive), so I can feed you as much as possible those first few levels. Our other early characters won't need too much babying, and Marth is already something of a powerhouse.

Prologue 3 & 4: Frey and Abel bite the dust

And so Prince Green valiantly ran away, Jagan and a few other knights at his side. They fled to castle and made it some distance from the Gra soldiers sacking the castle before Green called a halt to attend to Cain's wounds.

<Green> Let's rest here for a bit.
<Cain> No, it's okay, sir, I can go on, really.
<Green> You just passed out and fell off of your saddle.
<Cain> ... okay, maybe just a little break. I need to talk to you anyway.
<Green> What's up?
<Cain> Well, there's good news and bad news.
<Green> I think we could all use some good news. What is it?
<Cain> The good news is... um, well... there really isn't really any good news. I was hoping I could make something up before you asked for that.
<Everyone> ... ... ...
<Green> Oh, well, uh, what's the bad news then?
<Cain> Your dad is dead. The opposing army stole the Falchion, cut him down, and started slaughtering the other soldiers. He was the one who ordered me back from the battle to deliver his last words to you right before he died.
<Green> Noooooooo!!!
<Jagen> What were those last words?
<Cain> "Tell my son that I leave the future of Altea and our continent in his hands. He must rise now where I have fallen. As Falchion's rightful heir, he was born into greatness, and now he must be great. Gods, I hope don't he doesn't &$*% this up... *cough* *hack* *die*"
<Green> *sniff* I shall hope to continue your legacy, father.
<Cain> Don't worry, sir, we'll pay them back, I promise you.
<Green> Okay, cool.
<Jagen> Anyway, I hate to break this up, but there are some Gra soldiers ahead that we have to kill.
<Green> Yay, more levels! \o/
<Jagen> We should also try and visit the houses because sometimes random villagers will you give game mechanic advice and/or cryptic information.
<Green> Well, as the official leader of this band, I have decided that Jagen, Frey, and Cain should go talk to the people while I kill things and get EXP while Abel watches over me to make sure I don't die.
<Abel> It would be my honour, sir! *salute*​

Green and Abel moved forward towards the attackers while the others found houses to visit and otherwise stayed out of range. Abel primarily functioned as a meatshield, luring soldiers in for Green to kill. Unfortunately, he was rather low on health when an enemy Mage snuck up and killed him with a Fire spell.

<Abel> Long... live.... Altea.... x_x;;
<Cain> Abel, no! D:
<Green> Well, there should be only one Green guy in this army anyway. Everyone, forge ahead!​

Thankfully the last couple Mages were the end of the enemies and Green managed to cap the fort. he was resting there with his remaining retainers when an old man appeared.

<Green> Oh, hey BV, 'sup? Did you come here with my sis?
<BV> Well, uh, you see, about that...
<Green> She's not here, is she.
<BV> You see, she wanted to stay behind at the castle to be strong for the people while you escaped to freedom. After all, sire, you're our only hope.
<Green> Since I'm the only one left who can wield Falchion...
<BV> *nods* With the blood of Anri flowing through your veins, you alone can wild the sacred blade that can defeat Dragon Emperor DNA of Dolhr.
<Green> Except that it was captured by the enemy when they killed my dad.
<BV> ... That does put a kink in things, yes.​

Prince Green, his remaining knights, and one old dude decided to spend the night in a forest on Altea's borders to ponder their next move and wait for the chance to flee across the borders. They would be running to Talys, a small island nation to the far east, a suggestion that Prince Elice shared with BV before he fled. The kind of Talys was a friend of Green's dad, so they hoped they would be safe their until they could finish plotting their revenge.

<BV> Well, I've found a path to the harbor.
<Green> Hurray! \o/
<BV> Unfortunately, it leads us into a patch of enemies and through a prison.
<Green> ... Can't we just, you know, sneak and go around the prison?
<BV> For reasons that I can explain, no, but I do have a key to the prison so that you can get through it.
<Green> O... kay then.
<BV> Also, as a hint, there's someone you can recruit this level!
<Green> Ooooh, exciting, a new recruit! :D
<Jagan> What's our plan of attack, sir?
<Green> Everyone take care of me while I gain as much EXP as possible! If you steal a kill, I will eat your dinner.
<Everyone> :<​

With those very detailed and strategic plans made, Prince Green charged forward and the battle began. His fellow knights tried very hard to funnel all of the kills to their prince, but Frey managed to steal a kill and Green glowered at him angrily. When they finally made it to the prison, Green used the key he was given and came across a very odd sight, a young man with green hair, gagged and bound and dressed in rather ill-fitting Gra soldier garments.

<Green> You there! Are you my new recruit, or should I kill you?
<TGK> *muffled mumbles*
<Green> What? I can't hear you.
<TGK> *louder mumbles*
<Jagen> Perhaps you should remove his gag, sire.
<Green> Oh, yes, indeed.
<TGK> Oh, thank you Prince Green! That gag was itching me something fierce.
<Green> You're a recruit? :D
<TGK> Sure, I guess I'd be happy to help fight with you. My name's thegroyvlekid but everyone calls me TGK because otherwise it's way too long.
<Green> TGK it is then. What do you do?
<TGK> Well, if you have a bow and arrow, I can shoot guys.
<Green> Brilliant! I definitely want you on my team. Everyone, TGK is cool. Let me him get some EXP, too. And no more kill steals! I'm looking at you, Frey. >:|
<Frey> >_>;;
<Green> Cain, give him that bow you found lying around. Now let's get out of here!​

As Green and his soldiers prepared to move onward, there was a flurry of activity from the woods they had left behind. Enemy reinforcements were attacking from the rear!

<BV> No, that's not just reinforcements... that's the bloody main force of the Gra army!
<Green> Ohshi- What are we going to do? D:
<BV> Well... I think we could make it past if we send a decoy behind to draw the main army off our scent.
<Green> A decoy?
<BV> Yes, if you swap your clothes with one of your knights, the army will think he's you and chase him. After all, you're the one that the army really wants. If the decoy were to lead the army in the opposite direction, it would buy the rest of us enough time to get to the harbor.
<Green> And the decoy... when the army learns that he's not me, they're sure to let him go unharmed, right?
<BV> Umm.... yes, sire. I'm sure that's... that's exactly what will happen, yes.
<Green> Oh, good, I'd hate to send one of my men to their certain death. Do we have any volunteers?
<Frey> Let me go, sire, so that I can make up accidentally stealing your kill earlier!
<Green> Alright, cool. *begins to strip*​

The others looked away modestly as Green and Frey swapped clothes, then Frey was heading off to the south. Peeking out of the windows of the jail, they saw as he successfully led the army off on a merry chase, then they went back to killing the few remaining soldiers stationed near the jail. TGK proved to be rather weak, but he was fed a few kills and began to slowly improve. Finally, the leader of the group was gone, and it was time to move on to the harbor.

<Draug> *runs up* Prince Green! *huff puff*
<Green> Ohhey, Draug. 'Sup?
<Draug> BV sent me ahead to ready the ship to Talys for you. It's all good to go, but we need to hurry up before--
<Norne> *runs up* Oi! Get moving you twats! There's another platoon on the way!
<BV> Prince Green, may I suggest we move at all possible haste?
<Green> Yes, of course. I guess Frey will just have to meet back up with us in Talys.
<BV> ... Yes, of course, I'm sure he will, sire.​

They quickly made their way to the harbor and onto the ship, and then they were on their way, sailing east for Talys.

<Green> You don't think I'm a coward, do you Sir Jagen?
<Jagen> Oh, no, of course not, sire.
<Green> I would have been happy to fight, you know, I'm very good at it. Level 7 now and all.
<Jagen> You fight very well, your father would be proud.
<Green> Elice probably knew she would have to trick me away or I'd just keep fighting until they overwhelmed me. But, you know, I was pissed off at first... but this is better. We can plan, and build up an army this way, get a proper revenge.
<Jagen> I shall look forward to your revenge.​

Current Team:

Green: Lv. 7 Lord
TGK: Lv. 3 Archer

Waiting for the Pyre:
Jagen: Lv. 1 Paladin
Cain: Lv. 1 Cavalier
Draug: Lv. 1 Knight
Norne: Lv. 1 Archer

Decisions:

Nothing for now, sorry. Reclassing becomes available starting at Chapter 4, so we've got 3 more chapters left until we can start with that. In the meantime, I guess you might want to think about who you'll want to be reclassing and into what. By then we'll have Green, TGK, Palutena, Tails, Celever, and SilverSilent on our team.

Player Notes:

Votes for the decoy were:

Frey (4) - NotJim, SilverSilent, Tails, TGK,
Abel (3) - SM, Green, bbninjas

As such, Frey got the special spot, but since Abel was such a close second, I decided to let him be the one to get the axe so we could recruit Norne.

It was... surprisingly difficult letting Abel die. Playing this game to get the Gaiden chapters/characters really goes counter to how I've always played FE, so it's difficult. I get attached to those little digital guys, and Abel in particular was a very good character for me when I played SD the first time. ._.;

Otherwise, the chapters went pretty smoothly, though enemy movement in SD can be... awkward sometimes. It was harder for me to feed EXP to TGK than I thought it would be, but he still got a couple levels in. He'll need a lot of feeding, though.

Green is already quite the powerhouse since I'm trying to avoid giving much EXP to the characters we won't be using and Marth basically had everything to himself the first 3 chapters. It's good, though, since for most of the rest of the game he'll be busy visiting villages (only Green can visit villages in SD for some reason, no one else) and opening chests (since we don't have a thief, we'll be using the fire emblem for most of the chests), so a head start will make sure he doesn't fall too far behind in combat utility.

Next chapter starts the actual beginning of the proper game, post-prologue. I hope you all are looking forward to it!

Abel was actually really good in SD, especially his re-class compared to the other two once he got rolling. I absolutely despised Frey as he was very mediocre in my opinion. Still, I love how you made Frey be the decoy. Such a fitting end :p

Frey was my powerhouse Cav during my previous playthrough of SD. I sacrificed Jagen because I knew I would never use him but I kept all 3 other Cavs and they all made it to end game. Originally Cain was better than Abel, but Abel ended up catching up and then surpassing Cain in mid-/late-game, though neither ended up as good as Frey. Mostly he just got really awesome level ups.

Funnily enough, I never reclassed anyone in SD, so I'm really looking forward to messing around with that option once we get there. :p

I'd love to be a mage, but I'm looking at my stats right now, so I'd think I'll just be a sniper at the end of it. Unless anyone else has anything to say.

I will actually start listing full player stats once I have access to prep menu. Right now it's kind difficult because I only get plot and then immediately battle.

One thing to keep is mind is that reclassing does change your stats slightly, and will alter your growths, but there's a limit to how much it will help for certain things. If you take a Knight and turn him into a Mage, he'll probably be the tankiest Mage available, but he might only have a 2 or so in Magic. You'll get the best results by keeping Strength-based classes and Magic-based classes separate, but if you want to swap between them you're best off doing it early so you can make the most of your updated growths.

I may or may not list stat changes in the reclassing section once it comes up. I'm afraid it might clutter things too much. But there's of course obviously things you can guess, like that making someone a Swordmaster will help their speed growth.

Back