Discussion The New Meta is the Storm: M Manectric EX / Huntail

Hydrocrush

Aspiring Trainer
What i used today at the league challenge. Basically you combine Regice Huntail and M Manectric with a Lugia and a Seismitoad. Regice is the card that belongs in all water decks due to EX blocking. Mega Manectric can accelerated energies to the bench and get everything ready. Huntail does 20 dmg for every energy on all your pokemon combined which i manged to hit for 200-220 thanks to double colorless which are for Regice Seismitoad and Lugia. My deck is not finished but what i used was:
  • 2 Clampearl
  • 2 Huntail
  • 2 Manectric EX
  • 2 M Manectric EX
  • 1 Articuno (trait)
  • 3 Regice
  • 1 Lugia EX
  • 1 Seismitoad EX
Key trainers since I'm not gonna give my entire deck list:
  • Dive Ball - lets you pull Regice and Huntail when needed.
  • Rough Seas - shuts down Tyranitar, Gallade, and Noivern and the healing is always good.
  • Battle Compressor - toss energies for Mega Manectric.

3-1-0 1st place by win % 30$ prize

Round 1 VS Nightmarch (didn't place) WW:
Night march is not very good in standard anyway

Round 2 VS Noivern bats (didn't place) WW
Mega Manectric was too fast and the seas kept healing

Round 3 VS Steel Manectric (2nd place) LWL
Bad starts for me all 3 rounds somehow pulled a win in the second game.

Round 4 VS Sceptile Ariados (5th place) WW
Regice roadblocked Sceptiles.

overall from 14 people 4 rounds

1st Mega Manectric Water 30$
2nd Mega Manectric Steel 15$
3rd Giratina EX with Vileplume 10$
4th Vespiquen 5$
5th Sceptile EX Ariados 5$
6th Yveltal 5$

there was a Mega Rayquaza Bronzong deck that did not place.

Last edited:
Wow, I was just looking for a good manectric deck that counters the meta I really like the deck and concept and could we know how many dive balls and battle compressor + rough seas? Those counts are what's giving me a headache right now.

Hmm so this deck does well without shaymin? Or do you think it would have done better?

As for his mentioned items, I imagine its something along the lines of...
2 battle compressors
3 rough sea
2 dive balls (3/4 ultra ball)

Either way I could use another deck that doesn't use shaymin. Maybe I'll try building this one.

Hmm so this deck does well without shaymin? Or do you think it would have done better?

As for his mentioned items, I imagine its something along the lines of...
2 battle compressors
3 rough sea
2 dive balls (3/4 ultra ball)

Either way I could use another deck that doesn't use shaymin. Maybe I'll try building this one.

No thats a horrible idea you dont need so many balls or you will just be bogged down.

Its 2 compressors 2 seas 2 dive balls 2 ultra balls.

Also shaymin sucks its free prizes and has no use on your bench where your loading up energies for rapid huntail strikes.

best 6 to have out
  • 2 mega manectrics
  • 2 huntails
  • a regice if they use ex or toad if its non ex and non grass
  • lugia

You need to have 3-4 sycamores 2-3 of shaunas and birches combined a tierno or 2 also 2 lysanders and 3 vs seekers is a must.

Alternate pokemon setups are switch 1 regice and articuno out for another huntail or manectric set.

If you fight vespiquen you must never put toad out unless they get a slow start and you can attack with it before they can compress.

It seems like you would want to start with manectric to start accelerating energy turn 2. Having only 2-2 mega manectric and 2 balls to grab them is not very consistent. Maybe that's not what ur going for. But it seems like your entire deck revolves around manectric energy acceleration.

Personally I would try.
4-3 Mega manectric
2-2 huntail
1 articuno
2 regice
2 shaymin

You may say shaymin are free prizes. But you can't deny the speed and consistency those 2 cards add to the deck.

At the end of the day. Whatever works for you works.

Back