M Manectric-EX Variants

SilverSilent

Dem Eeveelutions
Whoops, I got it confused with registeel, my bad. Speaking of which would it be viable to run a split of registeel and ice or is it one or the other or only regice in this deck? Registeel would mean discard on exs + 3-4 head ringer = opponent crying because they can't attach energy and have it be on the field for more than 1 turn.

Regice is better because you're preventing any EX from attacking it. Basically only a non-EX can attack or has to be Lysandre'd around.

doobsnax

Aspiring Trainer
Whoops, I got it confused with registeel, my bad. Speaking of which would it be viable to run a split of registeel and ice or is it one or the other or only regice in this deck? Registeel would mean discard on exs + 3-4 head ringer = opponent crying because they can't attach energy and have it be on the field for more than 1 turn.

The problem is the metal energy required to make that work. I think for your "hate" Pokemon, you either choose one or the other. Most choose Regice, because with water you can also play Articuno a good Non-ex attacker.

KoL

Aspiring Trainer
I'd say with Registeel you're better off just pairing it with Bronzong and having a Metal-oriented deck instead of trying to shoehorn it in with this one.

Chewy

Aspiring Trainer
Regice really shines by denying your opponent any prizes at all. Registeel still allows for counterplay with Turbo Bolt, Mega Turbos, Landorus etc. Thats why Regice is a much better card.

Ivy_Profen

Aspiring Trainer
I've been playing Manectric with aegislash. It deals with many decks with its ability. It may not be able to completely wall exs. But it does well against a variety of decks like bees. Which I think regice would struggle against.
Though now that some mentioned registeel. I wonder if it would be a good tech to deal with regice. Rather than zapdos.

Empoleon_master

I can stop watching Anime any time I don't want to
@Camoclone Why did this drop to T2? Is is because the idea of registeel or metal in the deck made the TCG mods die too much inside to the point where they dropped it a tier?

Ivy_Profen

Aspiring Trainer
Aegislash deals with giratina pretty well. Assuming you are using metal. But yeah mishao and dugtrio destroy this deck pretty bad.

RunningWithScizors

Aspiring Trainer
Can you run this deck with a 3-3 Manectric EX line, since I only 3 and I can't seem to find a 4th in time to train for tournaments. Also, what's the purpose of the Flash Energy? Why no DCE?

Mora

Don't Panic
I think Flash Energy is for Mienshao, but if you're not worried about Mienshao, DCE is an option.

TuxedoBlack

Old School Player
Regice is better because you're preventing any EX from attacking it. Basically only a non-EX can attack or has to be Lysandre'd around.
Unfortunately, this is not true for those EXs that have an attack like Cobalion EX's Shred attack. Please refer to the Professor's response I received regarding Regice's Resistance Blizzard's attack: http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/threads/resistance-blizzard-vs-steel-bullet.126261/

Even so, Regice is still a great secondary attacker and an effective "wall" against several top decks.

Lastly, I too run Seismitoad EX in 1 deck version and the Manectric-Regice-Seismitoad version is quite effective. Another version I run is Manectric-Regice-Sceptile EX; that version works well too (despite the 3 different energy that need to be managed).

Last edited:

SilverSilent

Dem Eeveelutions
Unfortunately, this is not true for those EXs that have an attack like Cobalion EX's Shred attack. Please refer to the Professor's response I received regarding Regice's Resistance Blizzard's attack: http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/threads/resistance-blizzard-vs-steel-bullet.126261/

Even so, Regice is still a great secondary attacker and an effective "wall" against several top decks.

Lastly, I too run Seismitoad EX in 1 deck version and the Manectric-Regice-Seismitoad version is quite effective. Another version I run is Manectric-Regice-Sceptile EX; that version works well too (despite the 3 different energy that need to be managed).

I honestly forgot about Cobalion EX. Thank you for reminding me about it. Regardless, Regice is stil a force to be reckoned with.

Royal

Aspiring Trainer
you are posting in the wrong deck then mate. This is standard :) Cobalion is rotated out and the alternative is Hydreigon which can only hit for 100 with muscle band attached.
and Regice + band only needs two attacks to knockout hydreigon much like Hydreigon needs

Chewy

Aspiring Trainer
While Cobalion is illegal nowadays, the replacement we got was Ampharos-EX who kinda does the same thing.

TuxedoBlack

Old School Player
Apologies for using the wrong Poké example above; however, in addition to Ampharos EX's Sparkling Tail, Pokémon EXs like Hydreigon EX (with a similar Shred attack) can also attack Regice after its Resistance Blizzard attack too.

MadVillan

Aspiring Trainer
There are four things I would like to mention about this archetype:
  • Articuno is very useful against Night March, Vespiquen, or any basic non-EX focused decks.
  • Lugia-EX is a great counter against Giratina.
  • Head Ringer pairs so well with Manectric-EX.
  • The mirror comes down to draws.

Ivy_Profen

Aspiring Trainer
This is one of the decks I've been thinking about for cities. I normally run the manectric aegislash. Though with Smeargle I am wondering if it would be okay to toss regice in the deck as well. Maybe
4-3 M manectric ex
2 Aegislash ex
2 Regice
1 Raikou/zapdos
1 Smeargle

With like
4 Electric
4 Metal
2 Water

Anyone test Smeargle yet? It seems too inconsistent

bidou

Aspiring Trainer
2 Aegislash ex
1 Raikou/zapdos

With only 4 energies for each of them, Raikou and Aegislash EX won't be highly efficient (3 for Raikou in fact, since 1 of them will be attached to the Mega-cat).
Lugia EX seems to be a good option, which accepts all types of Energies.

Ivy_Profen

Aspiring Trainer
Idk just tossing around ideas. Aegislash is mainly for its ability. Raikou/zapdos for regice to do the 120. Regice for exs.

The energy can be moved around via smeargle. So manectric doesn't need electric on it. It could have 2 metal or something and switch it out when I plan to attack with it.

bidou

Aspiring Trainer
Idk just tossing around ideas. Aegislash is mainly for its ability. Raikou/zapdos for regice to do the 120. Regice for exs.

The energy can be moved around via smeargle. So manectric doesn't need electric on it. It could have 2 metal or something and switch it out when I plan to attack with it.

Yes, I totally understand :)
Smeargle can be an interesting tech for sure, but perhaps a bit slow.

I can't help thinking that M-Manectric's setting up has to be as fast as possible in order to attack the opponent head-on.
Do you think it is possible to leave any defensive tech and focus on attacking again and again... hit quickly, and each turn stronger with the Mega-Cat on turn 2, and then a strong and energized attacker that will OHKO any active Pokemon the opponent may have ?

Yveltal EX and Raikou could be two good options for that strategy.
Muscle Band would help much more than Rough Seas if leave the defensive job to the opponent :)