• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded Fun: Quadino - Just Straight Hip Bumpin'

squiggleblorg

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon (4):
  • 4 Audino (BCR 126)
Trainers (49):
  • 4 VS Seeker
  • 4 Hypnotoxic Laser
  • 4 Crushing Hammer
  • 3 Enhanced Hammer
  • 3 Repeat Ball
  • 1 Tool Scrapper
  • 2 Super Rod
  • 2 Switch
  • 4 Muscle Band
  • 2 Head Ringer
  • 1 Dowsing Machine
  • 1 Colress
  • 2 Iris
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 3 N
  • 4 Professor Sycamore
  • 1 Professor Birch's Observations
  • 1 Shadow Triad
  • 1 Xerosic
  • 3 Virbank City Gym
Energy: (7)
  • 4 DCE
  • 3 Grass Energy
Strategy:

So, those of you who watched The Top Cut's videos over the years they were active may have seen Pooka's Quadino deck from Bad Deck Monday, the idea of it is to run only 4 Audino's with Busybody and Hip Bump and then Hip Bump your way to victory.

aud126.jpg

I decided to try to resurrect this hilarious deck into the current Expanded format, and I've got to say it is one of the most entertaining decks I have ever played, and I have won some incredible games with it.

The support I chose for this powerhouse of a card was the typical hammers and lasers, running large counts of all of them, as well as some Headringers and Xerosics. the strategy is incredibly simple, Hip Bump your way to glory, while hoping your opponent flips tails either on their sleep flips from lasers or their flip to attack, and hope they don't have a Keldeo-EX.

I strongly recommend you try this out, shuffle things around to your liking, and play it whenever you feel like having a silly game. it is honestly some of the best fun I have ever had with the Pokemon TCG and taking down a top tier deck with this is a thing of beauty (albeit a very rare thing of beauty)

#TeamHipBump

MaD_DoG

Defying physics since 2012
I think Life Dew would be a better ACE SPEC in this deck just to keep denying your opponent even more if they do get the attack off. Other fun techs include revive so you can use the ability and then put it on your bench and rescue scarf so Audino would go straight back to your hand and you could abuse the ability after it gets knocked out. And if you REALLY want to annoy your opponent play 1-2 hex maniac and deny them the t1 shaymin EX. You could also play 4 recycle to get hammers back. I gotta say I love this deck.

squiggleblorg

Aspiring Trainer
Thanks for the input :) I definitely agree with the recycle (somehow I have none on PTCGO so time to trade), and hex maniac would make a good addition too, not such a fan of the life dew though simply because my main lose conditions are benching out or being run out of energy (tempted by a 3rd super rod), its very rare that an opponent will take 6 prizes before I either manage it or bench out. I've tweaked the deck a bit more since and added some Skyla to search out lasers or any of the other plethora of item cards too, it has been incredibly useful so far.

So far I have beaten a MetalRay deck that got set up on the first turn, a Toad/Girantina deck, a Manectric/Regice and quite a few other big archetypes, of course I can't count the amount of times I have lost, but it is so so fun!

Luxray

Aspiring Trainer
I always liked Cinccino better, but this kind of deck in general is just interesting. Always fun to play. But if you really want to just bother your opponent with coin flips, I would suggest Venemoth(PHF) and Victrebel(FFI)(with laserbank, of course).