• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Alt. Format Future: More Powerful Friends (Miltank / Empoleon)

joshawott8055

The best of the worst...
Pokemon:
  • 4 Miltank (FLF)
  • 4 Empoleon (Breakthrough)
  • 2-2 Octillery (Breakthrough)
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:
  • 4 Professor Juniper
  • 4 Shauna
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 1 Teammates
  • 1 Xerosic
  • 4 Archie's Ace in the Hole
  • 2 Switch
  • 3 Muscle Band
  • 2 Head Ringer
  • 4 Acro Bike
  • 3 Battle Compressor
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 2 Level Ball
Energy:
  • 12 Water Energy
Strategy:

The goal is to t1 archie an empoleon. This makes powerful friends hit for a lot of damge using empoleon's ability. Octillery is just for draw support.

I am thinking about making it a 4-2-4 Empoleon line because archie-ing 4 times is hard, but I don't know what to take out.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!!

Hi Joshawot8055! So after looking at your deck, here are some ideas you can use in order to make the deck more consistent hopefully.

- 12 Water energy is a bit excessive. I'd say no more than 6 will be the best for this deck. Your main focus is Miltank dealing the most damage and not Empoleon or Octillary so that many energy is a bit to much.

-Head Ringer is a solid card, but I feel like it's not optimum here. It is disposable yes, but things like Maintenance or a stadium will provide you better results I feel, allowing you to keep need resources if needed.

- Xerostic is another Card that could be easily replaced for a better option. If you're going to run that heavy for Archie, then you have better options.

- Acro Bike vs. Trainer's Mail is important to look at as well. Which would you benefit more from? Acro Bike Discarding one card but gaining a card. or Trainer's Mail gaining you potentially a card that can help either get Archie more easily, or a card that will reduce your hand even more to use Archie.

- Bridgett would be a good support card for you deck to get out both Miltank and Remoraid out in play early on.

- Giovanni's Plans maybe another supporter you may like as it gives another 20 damage on top of it all.

-Faded Town would be a great stadium for this deck, allowing it do 20 more damage against Mega Evolutions.

So here are some potential cards you could remove:

- 6 Water Energy
- 2 Head Ringer
- 1 Xerostic
- 2 Acro Bike

And add these instead
+ 3 Trainer's Mail
+ 3 Faded Town
+ 2 Bridgett
+ 2 Lugia-EX

The reason I put Lugia-EX in there is because while it is an EX Pokémon, it's still a basic Pokémon and can benefit from the damage boost from Empoleon which can help if you're Miltank were knocked out early.

I hope this helps.

Pokemon:
  • 4 Miltank (FLF)
  • 4 Empoleon (Breakthrough)
  • 2-2 Octillery (Breakthrough)
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:
  • 4 Professor Juniper
  • 4 Shauna
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 1 Teammates
  • 1 Xerosic
  • 4 Archie's Ace in the Hole
  • 2 Switch
  • 3 Muscle Band
  • 2 Head Ringer
  • 4 Acro Bike
  • 3 Battle Compressor
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 2 Level Ball
Energy:
  • 12 Water Energy
Strategy:

The goal is to t1 archie an empoleon. This makes powerful friends hit for a lot of damge using empoleon's ability. Octillery is just for draw support.

I am thinking about making it a 4-2-4 Empoleon line because archie-ing 4 times is hard, but I don't know what to take out.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!!

I think @SilverSilent has the right idea. The thing I would would change is Octillery to unown. The reason why is because unown will give you options. You can put him on your bench if you need to limit hand size, or discard him from the ultra ball. I run a deck like this with machamp and haluchwa that works consistently. Haluchwa is free retreat so it makes it a bit easier to burn cards on switches to get Lucario back in the active and then flip maxies for Machamp. I do this in standard.

List -- The list is suppose to be less depended on what your opponent is playing and more dependent on your goal. Xerosic is very dependent on what your opponent is playing and so is head ringer. They quickly become dead cars against non ex decks. You can probably squeeze in a stadium but honestly this deck is more about damage output. If you do squeeze a stadium -- faded town or rough sees is a pretty good move. Another move you can make is to play robo substitute because you have a great opportunity to play it to the bench to downsize your hand, than discard it, than play unown, than discard it, than flip for archies.

Shrugs...Hope I helped.
  • 3 Professor Juniper
  • 1 Shauna
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 1 Teammates
  • 1 Ace Trainer
  • 3 Archie's Ace in the Hole
  • 4 VS Seeker - Archies
  • 3 Switch
  • 1 Escape Rope
  • 3 Muscle Band
  • 4 Trainer Mail
  • 2 Acro bike
  • 2 Battle Compressor - Archies
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 2 Level Ball - Can get an unknown out and burn a card plus give you an option of burning an unown for another card.

Back