Sandstorm Team (Help needed)

FoxIIX

Aspiring Trainer
Hi, Im new to the pokemon competitive world and I have been looking to make a competitive Sandstorm team. Ive stuck my head down into research and have resurfaced to see what some others think of the 6 pokemon I have selected for my team, so here they are!: (Apologies for the very little detail in the pokemon, as I am like really new to this :p)

Garchomp
Tyranitar
Camerupt
Kabutops/Wishcash
Mamoswine
Ferrothorn/Cradily/Torterra

I hope you guys could really help me sort out this team to get my entry right in to competitive play in pokemon, Thanks again!

Would you mind explaining why you chose the Pokemon you did?
So as I have said before, I am trying to make a Sandstorm team. Reason being for these pokemon is to 1: Have each pokemon immune to the sandstorm itself. And reason 2: To cover type weaknesses of each other pokemon and yet have a strong output in damage.

Also Camerupt has been changed to Heatran*

The team is build around Garchomp, but Tyranitar is the lead, due to Sand stream, but also hazards such as stealth rock. Essentially the rest of the pokemon after Tyranitar are linking weaknesses. bare in mind that Im pretty new to this, Im also only building with gen 5 or lower, cause I dont have 3DS at this point in time, but plan to in the future.

It's okay to have Pokemon that aren't immune to Sandstorm damage on your team. If a Pokemon has a healing move, the Magic Guard ability (such as Reuniclus or Alakazam) or uses the Leftovers item, it'll be fine.

If you're playing just with friends, I would try using Excadrill instead of Garchomp. Sand Rush is an incredible ability and Excadrill is very hard to stop, especially after a Swords Dance boost. If you're playing by Smogon rules, Excadrill is banned, but Stoutland is a good substitute.

I'd also strongly suggest having at least two Pokemon that resist Water-type moves, as rain based teams are one of the best ways to play too. You could consider using Storm Drain Gastrodon in this spot, since it resists Sand Storm as well. Ferrothorn is awesome at this role too, though it's not the greatest option if Keldeo is involved. A Fighting resistance, such as the above mentioned Reuniclus, is awesome as well, since Tyranitar and your Sand Rush user are both weak to Fighting types.

Back