• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard XY-On: Primal Groudon EX / Wobbuffet

^victiny^

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon:
  • 4 Wobbuffet
  • 3-3 Primal Groudon EX
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:
  • 4 Professor Sycamore
  • 4 Korrina
  • 2 Pokemon Center Lady
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 2 Shauna
  • 2 VS Seeker
  • 3 Mega Turbo
  • 1Super Potion
  • 2 Silent Lab
  • 2 Scorched Earth
  • 2 Hard Charm
  • 2 Weakness Policy
  • 3 Robo Substitute
  • 3 Trainers' Mail
  • 2 Professors Letter
  • 2 Switch
  • 1 Escape Rope
  • 1 Ultra Ball
Energy:
  • 4 Strong Energy
  • 6 Fighting Energy
Strategy:

Last edited:
I can only guess your strategy, but I think I know what you are doing. In that case you may want to remove the Silent Lab in order to not kill Wobbuffet's ability. Also you may want some Psycic energy just in case your stuck with Wobbuffet as your only attacker.

Hi Luctini thanks for answer!
My lust have only 59 cards so i put 1 Professors Letter more
If i dont start with wobbufet silent lab is cool. I never needed attack eith wobbuffet. I guesd i dont need it

Have you considered Steven for this deck? Someone did well at UK Nationals with it. Basically it's for the Item lock matchup. This allows you to get a basic energy and Supporter for the next turn.

Also 4 Sycamore and 4 Korrina is overkill. 3 of each is good. Acro Bike is also a good draw card. You can't use it during Item lock but trust me, with a combination of Scorched Earth, it and Mega Turbo, you can power up Primal Groudon quickly.

This deck also benefits from an Ace Spec. Computer Search is just so good for consistency and getting out of a jam. Dowsing Machine is alright. Scramble Switch is cheap and is great for switching into a fresh Primal and moving all the energy to it and maybe healing the damaged one so it can't be sniped.

Later I might give you my list and see what you think.

Hi. Steven would be good i will test it :). I loove fourth Korrina but i can took one Sycamore out My deck is XY-on so i cant play them ;).

I maybe do these changes
-Prof Letter
- Sycamore
+2 Steven

That would be cool

Definitely 4 Wobbuffet. I play a variant that looks a lot like yours. You want to be consistently starting with Wobbuffet and not Groudon.

You are relying on somebody to play a specific stadium against wobbufet to hit with groudon...A better strategy in my opinion is take out wobuffet and just put stadiums in your deck that you can discard yourself, so you don't really on someone else actions

I play a similar deck. I add in 2 Hawlucha for early game attacking and it lets me run 2 escape rope over the 1 that you're running.

You are relying on somebody to play a specific stadium against wobbufet to hit with groudon...A better strategy in my opinion is take out wobuffet and just put stadiums in your deck that you can discard yourself, so you don't really on someone else actions
Wobbuffet is the starter to shut off Abilities like Shaymin. Do you understand how the deck works? Wobbuffet is to soak up damage, get KO'd and shut off Abilities. This gives you time to set up Primal Groudons.

Add one more Wobbuffet. 4 Korrina isn't necessary so bring it down to 3. And I actually prefer 3 Scorched Earth and 2 Silent Lab. How has the Super Potion been working for you? And try adding a Teammates or two. It really helps you get what you need since Wobbuffet will get KO'd.

I think the OP only knows what he is trying to do with wobuffet, and in my opinion if you want to shut down abilities like shaymins , silent lab is already doing the job and then you can discard it with groudon so no need for wobbus in my opinion.

Silent Lab is only for basic pokemon abilitys and opponent can discard it with own stadium.
Now im going to make some edits on my list

Wobb is a better wall to start with as you don't want groudon to take any damage, silent lab is for discard through gaia, I play 3 wobb and 4 silent lab, I wouldn't really switch numbers at all, there is really no point it's generally better synergy especially if you want to play to stall.

On a side note I've been testing this in my area with whimsicott, I like it for the fact that it is essentially a free prize against shaymins and heals groudon, people say that it's terrible, but i think it is substantially better to play. (I could post the list if you like). I don't like some cards in your list, it kind of lowers consistency this is a general idea I'd like to give

3 syacmore
4 korrina
1 lysandre
3 shauna
4 VS seeker
2 robo subs (idk, they are not the best cards to run into half the time and they clog your hand and bench with a better card
2 super potion (works great on active wobb since discarding energy is a secondary effect to the card it also gives you a reason to discarding energy on your active groundon if need be
2 centre lady
2 hard charm
2 weakness policy
1 profs letter
2 mega turbo (i find that if you run any more then 2 you tend to have a mega turbo in your hand when you don't need it and since you run 4 korrina it keeps it in your hand for when you need it and out of your hand for when you don't)
3 switch
4 silent lab (why no scorched earth? After testing it extensively with super potion I found that I would rather have the energy on groudon to heal with then not having the mega turbo, also having silent lab as your major stadium ensures that your opponent has no answer and no way to setup regardless.

10 fighting (there is a valid reason behind this, your deck with automatically slow draw, even if you play 6 fighting you run the risk of not being able to draw into enough energy to combo mega turbo, scorched earth or super potion, it lowers draw consistency considering that the deck has a heavy energy based attacker meaning that you pretty much need to draw into enough energy every turn to just pull it off, even if you run profs letter when your first and second groudon goes down what are you going to do about a third if it has no support? 8 is preferred but super dicey)
4 strong

Last edited:
Back