• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Alt. Format Future: GG (Gengar / Greninja)

xxwishxx92

Aspiring Trainer
When everybody just notice forretress, golbat and crobat. They forget the existence of greninja. Greninja can perform wisely 30 dmg for gengar easy 1HKO others.

Pokemon: 16
  • 3 Gengar XY8
  • 1 Haunter XY8
  • 3 Gastly XY8
  • 3 Greninja XY
  • 1 Frogadier XY
  • 3 Froakie XY
  • 2 Shaymin EX
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 34
  • 4 Rare Candy
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 3 VS Seeker
  • 3 Professor Letter
  • 4 Battle Compressor
  • 2 Trainer's Mail
  • 2 Energy Retrieval
  • 2 Professor Sycamore
  • 2 Professor Birch's Observations
  • 2 Archie's Ace In The Hole
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 4 Dimension Valley
Energy: 10
  • 4 Psychic Energy
  • 6 Water Energy
Strategy:

The Goal of this deck is to get Greninja out as quick as possible and do some damage for Gengar to perform a lot of OHKOs.

Gengar – Psychic – HP130
Stage 2 – Evolves from Haunter

[P] Ominous Fog: Your opponent’s Active Pokemon is now Poisoned. Place 1 damage counter on each of your opponent’s Benched Pokemon.

[P][C] Creep Show: If your opponent’s Active Pokemon has at least 3 damage counters on it, that Pokemon is Knocked Out.

Weakness: Darkness (x2)
Resistance: Fighting (-20)
Retreat: 0

This is the idea came through me when I saw this year world champion deck. The trainer cards mostly base on the this year champion deck. Please share your opinions as well !

NintendoAlian

Frontier Brain
You have a really thin line of Gengar and Greninja, you don't need as thick Greninja because you have Archie's but since Gengar is the main attacker you need a more consistent line, especially with Vileplume and Giant Plant Forest in the format. To help Gengar, Hard Charms can help a lot. 2 Professor's letters is fine for the deck. You don't need 4 Battle Compressors for anything. Another thing is 4 Sycamore is really inconsistent especially for a stage 2. I really like this deck. It's really creative and I like it a lot better than the Bat version:D!

Creez

Aspiring Trainer
you forgot about noivern too, i will try to fit that gengar into my deck, noivern do easily 30 dommage to everyone :D i think it is just
a little bit inconsitent to make or just a little bit harder (well i think i might be wrong) :)

xxwishxx92

Aspiring Trainer
You have a really thin line of Gengar and Greninja, you don't need as thick Greninja because you have Archie's but since Gengar is the main attacker you need a more consistent line, especially with Vileplume and Giant Plant Forest in the format. To help Gengar, Hard Charms can help a lot. 2 Professor's letters is fine for the deck. You don't need 4 Battle Compressors for anything. Another thing is 4 Sycamore is really inconsistent especially for a stage 2. I really like this deck. It's really creative and I like it a lot better than the Bat version:D!

Thank you. Because I'm really bored getting see the putting damage by bat and forretress then suddenly this idea come through my mind.

bowlerdude04

Aspiring Trainer
I don't particularly like Greninja as a partner for Gengar because 1) it doesn't solve Crobat's problem of being another Stage-2 in the same deck, 2) it requires you to run Water Energy (which is the biggest problem I think), and 3) you could always get 3 damage counters on your opponent's Pokémon by using Golbat's attack once and evolving to Golbat, you don't necessarily have to go to the Stage 2.
Greninja has the advantage of being reusable, but having to use a second type of Energy than you're attacking with, and having to continually find that energy somewhere, is something that strikes me as a major problem here.
Having said that, that doesn't mean it can't work - I would recommend going to a 4-2-4 Gengar line and then making up your mind on how you want to get Greninja into play instead of a 3-1-3 line, 4 rare candies and 2 archie's. I'm not sure what the 4 battle compressors are for (I can see playing a couple to throw energy away so that you can always Energy Retrieval for the specific energy type you need, to thin your deck out, to throw Greninja in the discard pile for Archie's, etc. but I don't think you need 4), and I would suggest a 4th VS Seeker and maybe even another couple of energy.

Yo-yos

DP and hoenn era, when tcg was dope
4-3-4 gengar (maxing out gengar makes gengar a much more versitile attacker and makes better use of the ability, running a 4-3-4 line takes alot of stress off of rare candy use as you run AZ in the list you can setup multiple haunter or candy gengar for continuous use of the ability, there is almost no reason in playing greninja when gengar is your major utility attacker, if you want to combo something with anything in this deck wobbuffet compliments gengar better, super access to d valley and has a better combo with miltank 80+90 is 170 for 2 energy)
2 miltank (your major attacker, your deck doesn't have any heavy hitters which makes it frail, miltank covers this)
2 wobbuffet (stack able dmg is wonderful)
2 shaymin EX

2 fan club
2 AZ
4 vs seeker
4 rare candy
3 trainers mail
3 sycamore
3 birch
2 profs letter
4 d valley

8 psychic
4 mysterious energy

at this point it is more of a skeleton then an actual list, as the above stated running 2 stage 2's in a deck tends to get clunky, running something more streamlined creates a more effective strategy, also since typing greninja has no real startgey, also if you want archies to work you need to run 3-4 acro bike and 3-4 trainers mail or the engine will have no reliant way of being able to burn through the engine for much need ultra ball for the archies greninja, even if you play both it tends to make things overly clunky in general. Good luck.

Edit: vileplume loses to hex maniac, so why does vileplume matter in this matchup or any matchup for that matter?