• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Yanmega / Eevolutions

Gi011001

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon:
  • 4 Yanma PHF
  • 4 Yanmega PHF
  • 2 Eeve PHF
  • 2 Jolteon
  • 2 Flareon
  • 2 Vaporeon
  • 2 Pachirisu
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:
  • 4 Trainer's Mail
  • 4 Professor Sycamore
  • 4 Robo Substitute
  • 1 Sacred Ash
  • 3 Faded Town
  • 2 Professor Birch's Observations
  • 4 Shauna
  • 1 Energy Retrieval
  • 2 VS Seeker
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 1 Professor's Letter
  • 1 Escape Rope
Energy:
  • 2 Lighting Energy
  • 2 Fire Energy
  • 2 Water Energy
  • 1 Grass Energy
  • 4 DCE
Strategy:

The strategy is to use the yanmega surprise strike with the help of robo sub and maybe boosted by the evolutions abilities. Faded town for mega and prof letter to find the right energy for eeve

Please share your thoughts

Pachirisu to add lighting weekness

Last edited by a moderator:

MadVillan

Aspiring Trainer
Pachirisu to add lighting weekness
I understand what you are saying and what Pachi does, but wouldn't Jolteon provide that for you and do it better?
Also, I think you need to play 3 Vs Seeker at a min.

- 1 Pachi
+ 1 Vs Seeker

CYL

All hail Eevee!
I understand what you are saying and what Pachi does, but wouldn't Jolteon provide that for you and do it better?
Also, I think you need to play 3 Vs Seeker at a min.

- 1 Pachi
+ 1 Vs Seeker

Pachi is easily knocked out. With 70 HP and dealing 10 damage, really won't help much. Well, if this was the VG, then it might work... (Se Jun Park's Pachi!)
So, I think Pachirisu can be removed, given that that's what Jolteon's for. Plus, catering just to lightning weaknesses probably won't be enough.
Not sure if this deck can handle the number of EX heavyweights out there... any EX (without fire, water, lightning weaknesses) will probably tank one attack and KO Yanmega. Not sure if the prize trade will work out, and extremely susceptible to energy discards. Unlike Donphan, Yanmega doesn't have -
1. support from strong energy, fighting stadium, etc
2. low energy cost, especially since this involves a great deal of retreating
3. switch out - it's open to attacks for a turn. Not particularly great, since you probably find it difficult to set up the next Yanmega in time when the first one is KO'ed, due to high retreating cost, need to retreat, etc.

Great idea nonetheless! It would be a great deck, perhaps, in earlier eras, but with the speed of the current format, not sure if it can keep up.

TurtleLove

Aspiring Trainer
I don't think you can waste an energy attachment on your eevees to evolve them. I would just evolve them normally. Use all fire energies for the basics and use a blacksmith engine. His attack cost is colorless anyways.
-2 lightning
-2 water
-1 grass
-1 retrieval
-1 letter
-1 trainers mail

+4 fire
+2 blacksmith
+2 battle compressor

bowlerdude04

Aspiring Trainer
To the first two posters - I think you guys are missing what Pachirisu is there for. Pachirisu changes the weakness of Pokemon that don't have lightning weakness to lightning so that Yanmega can OHKO them with the help of Jolteon's ability. Jolteon doesn't help with non-lightning weak Pokemon in any way.

going to be tough to keep streaming Yanmega as it's 3 energy on a Pokémon that will probably only last one turn (it can be 2 energy with DCE, but still tough). In a way it's kind of like Gourgeist / Hypnotoxic Laser decks in that if you can keep streaming them you will probably be OK, but it's hard to do. A Blacksmith engine as suggested above makes a lot of sense, and you are going to need more VS Seeker if you do that.

I would make the changes TurtleLove suggested, then in addition, take out the remaining 3 Trainers' Mail and 2 Shauna for 2 VS Seeker, 2 Level Ball, and 1 Teammates (Teammates is very good in a deck like this because all of your Pokémon are fragile, but you will still probably want to use Blacksmith more often). Trainers' Mail is a good card but maxing your VS Seeker is way more important. Then if you're using a Blacksmith engine you don't want 10 draw supporters and you can get better ones than Shauna back using your VS Seekers ... while Level Ball gives you free search for anything in your deck except Yanmega.

Mora

Don't Panic
Even though Yanmega can OHKO Pokemon after Pachirisu attacks in the given circumstance, it's technically still a 2HKO because you had to waste a turn to use Trick Sticker. They both achieve the same end result, but using the Pachirisu / Jolteon combo takes up additional space and you give your opponent an easy way to get out of it by just retreating or switching out. So basically Pachirisu's attack is neat but utterly useless.

CYL

All hail Eevee!
To the first two posters - I think you guys are missing what Pachirisu is there for. Pachirisu changes the weakness of Pokemon that don't have lightning weakness to lightning so that Yanmega can OHKO them with the help of Jolteon's ability. Jolteon doesn't help with non-lightning weak Pokemon in any way.

I know that Jolteon's Ability doesn't help, so that's why I wrote:
"Plus, catering just to lightning weaknesses probably won't be enough."
You'll only be effective against decks that are weak to lightning. Granted, there are quite a few of those out there (say, Yveltal), but is it worth the deck space and prize trade just to counter one type of Pokémon? How about against a Mewtwo-EX deck?

Even though Yanmega can OHKO Pokemon after Pachirisu attacks in the given circumstance, it's technically still a 2HKO because you had to waste a turn to use Trick Sticker. They both achieve the same end result, but using the Pachirisu / Jolteon combo takes up additional space and you give your opponent an easy way to get out of it by just retreating or switching out. So basically Pachirisu's attack is neat but utterly useless.
True. Especially since, with the lack of evolution support and limited number of lightning energy, it'll be difficult to get both set up. With only one of them, the strategy doesn't work.

Last edited by a moderator:

bowlerdude04

Aspiring Trainer
I assume the point is to expose Pachirisu instead of Yanmega in between attacks.
But yeah, it's probably not worth the effort as it's easy to erase the effect, you are using an energy attachment on Pachirisu, and your opponent can still attack Yanmega if they have a Lysandre or something.