'Blue Impact' / 'Red Flash' Japan's XY8 Sets, Next Set Block Titled 'XY: BREAK!'

As someone who ran a Lanturn Prime deck for a couple years back in those days (and loved it), I would have adored having this Magnezone.

If only TPCi would hold some unlimited tournaments....

It would be better if we had the palace format. For unlimited with no ban list lanturn prime would be to slow. Unlimited is just a straght up OTK/FTK format.

Im excited for this magnazone. Theres gotta be a good use for it somewhere.

Oh man! And with Fisherman being reprinted in this set, I'm REALLY excited about this Magnezone

Fisherman/SER/Heliolisk/Magnezone hype! Just hoping they release another Magnezone which is a non-turn-ending Tropical Beach

I heard broken time space was coming back if so this is going to be very good and the card is goning to cost loads of mony
How or why would broken time space come back if Giant Plant Forest is a Broken time space but for Grass pokemon. =/

I am really hyped for the new Stadium mechanics; this could make it so you had choose what's more important to you, and sets a really neat precedent for future mechanics to come!

That's odd, I thought I commented already. Is there a reason why we don't get shown card images anymore? Kinda would like to see the cards even if they are common like Swinub and Gastly.

Each card is a link to the card images, just click the card name =D

Well, hot damn, we get electric type blastoise. This is going to either make M ampharos over powered and interesting like a new BK EX/deluge blastoise and/or create a lot more interesting decks like Pikachu EX /magnizone and other amazing things. I am very exited for this card to come out, now all we need is a grass version of this...

Grass version as in the ability? lol talk about broken hehe...

Magnet Circuit makes so much sense for Vileplume is surely going to slow the format down a good bit. We all know that Vileplume variants are going to be spammed everywhere. Magnezone will definitely have a great late game pull, making it a tier 2 or even 1.

24.jpg

Remember back in the day when we had to kill off the oddish before they evolved, or this was our main target? lol This trend will definitely carry on, as in Lysandre Vileplume line in order to get the Items back. It will be fun for sure.

Last edited:
The issues about Typhlosion:
-It is a stage two, which means you'll need a few turns and some decent investment to get it out compared to a Basic EX.
-The Attack discards all the 5 cards, instead of shuffling them back into your deck like Mud Flood.

Now, that isn't to say Typhlosion is less better than Swampert EX... However, It kind of reminds me of the notorious Heatmor from Plasma Storm, whose "Fiery Licks" required 3 energy, and discards 4 cards, doing 50 damage for each fire energy. People made crazy luck-centered rogue decks with it that had around 40 or so energies for consistency!

Now, whether the Eruption attack is worth using to a point of building a deck around it, that I wouldn't know... Though it might take more effort to do that than Heatmor, due to the issues of getting stage 2 Pokemon out these days.

All the problems with Typhlosion aren't that bad. If it comes down to it, I will just run heavy Wally and Quilava. No problem. And as for the 5 card discard? If that's what i have to do to 1 shot megas, then i will run energy recycler. No problem. This card is wwwaaaaayyyy more viable than Swampart EX.

typhlosion is a stage two there is no way your getting it out turn 2 or turn 1 with all the locking of items and all and with the current fast passe meta it will die before you get it set up. I would love to see typhlosion get use don't get me wrong I just think there are better cards out there.

Well there are a lot better cards out there than Swampert EX. Typhlosion may not be great, but i will make it work. The 1-shotting of megas will be enjoyable. >=]

Hmm that makes amphora a little more viable. Not sure if its worth the set up. But Possibly turn 2 paralysis

you can already power up him up turn 2 with mega turbo. plus magezone is a stage 2 so its a bit more clunky in a fast hitting deck.

Each card is a link to the card images, just click the card name =D
Ah thanks! That's definitely handy to know. A bit of a pain compared to simply scrolling over the image and it would zoom in. Was handy on phones too. Ah well!

But good to see a nice looking Swinub!

Actually feel like Magnezone will make that deck a lot less clunky. As soon as you get it out you can power up multiple Ampharos in one turn, rather than having to rely on DCE and Mega Turbo every time.

Back