XY8 \'BREAKthrough,\' XY8 English Products

Gruffling

Aspiring Trainer
I just find this very worrying in my honest opinion. I really don't want them to be constantly pumping out as many EX boxes as they have lately. There is too much product out there that has at least 5 or more Booster Packs, making the pricing insanely unwelcoming for new players or those on a lower budget. There could be decks seeing much more play if it weren't for the money barrier.

Otherwise, I really hope this set does well with it's rarities, I don't want BREAK cards to be too hard to find... lol.

I think Break cards are the same rarity as EXs.

But yes we are as it stands overloaded with EXs that aren't seeing sets yet.

Maserati777

Aspiring Trainer
I have a feeling the Blaziken and Swampert boxes will be like the Metagross box and will be 50 dollars. They may have a Black Friday special for them at target hopefully or I'll buy the promos online.

Hellcat

Outlaw Trainer
I just wanna buy all of the things... I can't wait for the new tins, tho. I just hope Latios has a different move set from the other card.

Charlie Roome

Aspiring Trainer
I don't know why but in the UK we don't get the figure boxes. Like in america they got the figure boxes of groudon and kyogre but in the UK we got a holo promo of groudon or kyogre, jumbo holo card of groudon or kyogre and 3 booster packs of primal clash.

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
The figures don't pass EU safety regulations or whatever for some reason.

Materious17

Pokemon Geologist
Well, with Raichu BREAK confirmed, that means the most likely 6 BREAK Pokemon to be included are Zoroark BREAK, Noivern BREAK, Marowak BREAK, and Florges BREAK in addition to Chesnaught and Raichu BREAK. Sorry Golduck BREAK, maybe next time.

sagen888

Shine on you Crazy Diamond
  • "8 new Pokémon-EX including 4 new Mega Evolution Pokémon, plus 20 Trainer cards, including 2 full-art rare Ultra Trainer cards"
Does this mean the only full arts we will be seeing in this set are the trainers?

Materious17

Pokemon Geologist
  • "8 new Pokémon-EX including 4 new Mega Evolution Pokémon, plus 20 Trainer cards, including 2 full-art rare Ultra Trainer cards"
Does this mean the only full arts we will be seeing in this set are the trainers?

I think it could be a reference to the fact that they are advertising the Trainer cards for the first time in forever. In Red Flash/Blue Impact, there is space in between the special energy cards (#59/59) and the Full art supporters (#64/59) for other full art EX pokemon. Don't worry, there will be full art EX's and Megas

Last edited:

steffenka

Miss Vaanjie
This is the first time I actually think the yellow border ruins the card. It looks absolutely horrible! Especially on Raichu, gold on yellow on yellow? Ugh! >.<

aschefield101

is behind you !
The EN border has been ruining cards since they existed. Bloody horrible colours used - the TPCi card section of the business really do lack any sense of taste =/

Chrswrites

Aspiring Trainer
This is the first time I actually think the yellow border ruins the card. It looks absolutely horrible! Especially on Raichu, gold on yellow on yellow? Ugh! >.<

oh! I feel the other way around. For the first time I love the yellow border... On raichu.

HeirOfTheSky

Senior Engineer
I think it could be a reference to the fact that they are advertising the Trainer cards for the first time in forever. In Red Flash/Blue Impact, there is space in between the special energy cards (#59/59) and the Full art supporters (#64/59) for other full art EX pokemon. Don't worry, there will be full art EX's and Megas

I think the text is referencing the new Full-Art Stadiums.

HMPG11

Pokémon FTW!
The Chesnaught BREAK looks amazing! I think that it look better than Raichu in my opinion!

Hydrocrush

Aspiring Trainer
the pictures if you right click and click view say chesnaught break is 12 and raichu is 50

so if you count the pokemon we know before chesnaught break we are missing 2 spots if we include both chespins

one we know is a blank spot from blue shock so the other is likely the promo celbi!

steffenka

Miss Vaanjie
the pictures if you right click and click view say chesnaught break is 12 and raichu is 50

so if you count the pokemon we know before chesnaught break we are missing 2 spots if we include both chespins

one we know is a blank spot from blue shock so the other is likely the promo celbi!
Nope, the promo Celebi is a blister promo along with the Promo Sableye AT.
Break-Through-Blisters1.jpg
I could see it being the promo Chespin (the one with Snorlax), unless it's getting released as a promo here as well..