• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Beartic / Aqua's Muk / Eeveelutions

Adam Ryder

Aspiring Trainer
I have recently thought of this idea... I hope it's competitive...

Pokemon: 19
  • 4 Cubchoo (Furious Fists)
  • 4 Beartic (Furious Fists)
  • 4 Team Aqua's Grimer (DCR)
  • 4 Team Aqua’s Muk (DCR)
  • 1 Eevee (AOR)
  • 1 Flareon (AOR)
  • 1 Jolteon (AOR)
Trainers: 29
  • 4 Evosoda
  • 4 Muscle Band
  • 2 Professor Sycamore
  • 3 Professor’s Letter
  • 3 Shauna
  • 3 Pokemon Fan Club
  • 2 Tierno
  • 3 Team Aqua’s Secret Base
  • 3 Switch
  • 2 Level Ball
Energies: 12
  • 8 Phychic Energy
  • 4 DCE
Strategy:

Ok, so the Beartic's first attack is helped and boosted by Team Aqua's Muks and the Team Aqua Secret Base. 4 Aqua's Muks on the bench and a Team Aqua's Secret Base on the field adds 5 to the retreat cost, even with a Pokemon with a free retreat cost! The Flareon and Jolton is to help Beartic increase the attack even more against Pokemon weak to fire and water.

I really hope this deck is competitive...

Last edited:
Hmm, you lack search power and I think the Trainers could use a little bit of work. Also, Muk isn't a very good attacker and you should have Beartic active most of the time. I assume this is for XY-AOR since the list looks to be that way.
-1 Grimer
-1 Muk
-2 Professor's Letter
-3 Evosoda
-2 Tierno
-8 Psychic Energy

+1 Eevee
+ 4 Ultra Ball
+ 3 VS. Seeker
+ 2 Professor Sycamore
+ 5 Water Energy
+ 2 Professor Birch's Observations

This will give you a lot more consistency, search and draw power. Your deck should run smoother this way as well. :)

He needs the Muk for more retreatcost so Beartic does more damage. I would suggest 4 ultra balls instead of level balls and 2 evosoda. It's just more consistent that way.

This deck type is pretty fun. I don't think you need 8 more energy after dce. I suggest giving blacksmith a try with fire energy. Muk is not going to attack.
Maybe try 4 fire 1-1 flareon and 2 blacksmith. Instead of 8 psychic

I play a very similar deck but I use Forretress as my main attacker, but I run a 1-1 Beartic as back up. Forretress' ability makes him more appealing to me. I have been playing it with Jellicent (BCR 45) but I'm trying to transition to Muk and Eeveelutions.

He needs the Muk for more retreatcost so Beartic does more damage. I would suggest 4 ultra balls instead of level balls and 2 evosoda. It's just more consistent that way.

This deck type is pretty fun. I don't think you need 8 more energy after dce. I suggest giving blacksmith a try with fire energy. Muk is not going to attack.
Maybe try 4 fire 1-1 flareon and 2 blacksmith. Instead of 8 psychic
Blacksmith would only work if Flareon is out. Given the number of evolutions this deck requires (Beartic, Muk and Eeveelutions), unsure if it would work full-time.

The OP doesn't play Fire or Lightning Energy, so they can't use Energy Evolution anyway.

Back