Gengar EX Variants

With the reprint of float stone, Yveltal almost seeing no play and the new mewtwos being weak to psychic I see this deck become more viable once the format rotates out, my only big concern are the new Zoroarks... with one pokemon in bench + muscle band can OHKO trevenant and with two + muscle can OHKO Gengar, also the break can use Dark Corridor or Tree Slam, so nasty.

¿What do you guys think?

With the reprint of float stone, Yveltal almost seeing no play and the new mewtwos being weak to psychic I see this deck become more viable once the format rotates out, my only big concern are the new Zoroarks... with one pokemon in bench + muscle band can OHKO trevenant and with two + muscle can OHKO Gengar, also the break can use Dark Corridor or Tree Slam, so nasty.

¿What do you guys think?
I doubt Zoroark would be such a big threat - it's not really an archetype, more a tech. The main problem Trev/Gar is going to have is Hex Maniac, which utterly destroys the deck.

I doubt Zoroark would be such a big threat - it's not really an archetype, more a tech. The main problem Trev/Gar is going to have is Hex Maniac, which utterly destroys the deck.

I don't think so. With Vileplume almost without a partner to do well, the inclusión of Hex Maniac in every deck seems like a bad idea, most of decks will try to counter Trev with lysandre as always has been, and it has proved that is not sufficient to wreck it... you will need a really good lysandre turn to recover from that turn one lock.

Btw, why do you doubt on zoroark been an archetype in next set?

I don't think so. With Vileplume almost without a partner to do well, the inclusión of Hex Maniac in every deck seems like a bad idea, most of decks will try to counter Trev with lysandre as always has been, and it has proved that is not sufficient to wreck it... you will need a really good lysandre turn to recover from that turn one lock.
Hex Maniac is going to be a staple, I am sure of it. Huge amounts of decks run abilities that, if turned off, would be devastating. Metal, Aromatisse, Vileplume, Trev, Camerupt, Trevenant, Eeveelutions, Bats and Ninetales all off the top of my head, and then you have Shaymin + Unowns that, if turned off, can really disrupt an opponent's play. It's like our second disruption staple after Lysandre.

Btw, why do you doubt on zoroark been an archetype in next set?
Zoroark can be countered very, very easily (there was a nice discussion here about it).

I've readed it and I still see a Zoroark-Eevelutions deck as a solid candidate to be T1 or at least T2.

Anyway, I've been testing this deck replacing virbank with faded town to do magic numbers against megas and it does very well, 2HKO any ex with muscle band and the turn one item lock is almost always posible with a heavy draw engine to get wally (4 wally, 4 triner mail, 4 acro, 4 ultra and one Shaymin), also running only one Wobbu and a sacred ash.

I think that with the reprint of float this deck will be a easy tier 2, the item lock turn 1 is devastating for any deck, plus , disruption cards like hammers, ringers, etc...do the life of the oponent very hard

Back