Finished Convicted 3 - (Murder/Mystery Roleplaying Game)

Status
Not open for further replies.
*Lilligant uses the speed gained from Quiver dance to rush back into the room and grab the tray of cupcakes* You've had 2. That's one more than everyone else. *Rushes out of the room holding the tray of cupcakes*
And then Houndoom murders Lilligant for not letting him have another cupcake. ;)

So, guys. I know I said the chapter would be up tonight, but...I'll just say the stuff going on is too much for my 3-am mode brain Dx
So tomorrow late morning/evening is a safe bet. Sorry :(

So, guys. I know I said the chapter would be up tonight, but...I'll just say the stuff going on is too much for my 3-am mode brain Dx
So tomorrow late morning/evening is a safe bet. Sorry attachFull8680

No prob @Vom we all have things that are more important (Hopefully) then Pokebeach.

It is all good, as PlasmaDragon said there are more important things than Pokebeach, it is also nice that you told us, people are more likely to be ok with things if you let them know what is going on
Hope that whatever is going on is resolved with your best interests at heart

It's finally here guys! Sorry I took so long, but thanks for understanding <3

Chapter 5

“Do you see it now, guys? It was obviously Gallade! Who else could have separated the gears?” said Togepi, trying to convince everyone that he was right.

“Pretty much everyone could, really,” someone said. “Except maybe Lilligant.”

“Gwah ha ha! Why that eggspression?” said Brooks, after noticing Togepi’s look of confusion as he tried to come up with something to counter that argument. The Spike Ball Pokémon didn’t seem to appreciate Brook’s failed attempt to lighten the atmosphere a bit.

"Anyways, how could I have killed this Klinklang when I didn't even know about its existence?” pointed out Gallade in his defense. “And for that matter, you would know if I had done it. The blades in my arms would be scratched or at least marked from the effort of cutting through metal.”

“The lad has a point, Egg,” started Brooks. “We would see at least some damage on his blades.”

“I’ll prove both Hedron and the Gallade are the murderers, you’ll see. Oh, you all will see. And when you do, you’ll beg me for mercy. Mercy you won’t get. Until then.”

With these words, the angry security guard retired to his room, muttering menaces and complaints.

“Looks like we won’t see him for a while,” commented Aulus, who had been silent until then for some unexplainable reason.

“Huh? Who would you be? You don’t seem to be any normal Pokémon, and I’ve never seen anything like you in the places I visited during the war…” said Gallade, with a bit of regret in his eyes, something no one failed to notice.

“Of course. That is because I’ve been to those places before you and not at the same time.”

“Well, there would be a record of your visit, or someone who remembers you visited, I don’t know, anything.

“There can be no such thing.”

“Why? There must be someone…”

“…”

“Well?”

“…”

“I asked you a question, whatever you are.” Gallade was starting to lose patience. Not that he had much of it, but the patience he had had saved many of his comrades in the past, by waiting for the right moment to attack.

Seeing the conflict would escalate quickly, Electivire decided to intervene.

“Alright, everyone.. We’ve got enough conflicts going on with the murders, we don’t need another one. Everyone go to your assigned rooms, you’ll find a list of the occupants next to every door. If you don’t like it, you can make an arrangement with another passenger. If you can’t, please don’t complain. You’ll save both of us precious time.”

And so, everyone present headed for the rooms, except for Seir, who had to clean the crime scene.

“Scizor? Are you alright?” asked a concerned Gardevoir. She’d never seen anyone behave like that, even when poisoned.

No answer, as expected.

Scizor looked around. He was in a very long hallway, with an almost equally tall ceiling. The chef was right next to a door, as if he was waiting to break into the room behind it. There were many other doors, all with a Pokémon waiting beside them, like himself. One of them was a Flygon.

“Now! Everyone!” she yelled.

Almost immediately, all the doors were kicked open, and the sound of battle thundered throughout the whole building. Weirdly enough, Scizor wasn’t in control of himself. He could see, hear, smell and touch, but it was like he was a passenger of his own body.

In his room, there were 3 Pokémon: a Weavile, an Aegislash and an Aerodactyl. With a swift Swords Dance, he made short work of the Weavile, who was petrified by the shock.

Aegislash was a different story. The Royal Sword Pokémon reacted quickly and defended itself against Scizor's swords using King's Shield. Scizor's blade bounced off, making him lose his balance and giving the Aegislash an opening. Scizor received a terribly strong Sacred Sword.

"Huh? Gardevoir? What just happened?" asked Scizor, confused.

“That’s a good question. An excellent one, in fact,” approved Gardevoir with a slow nod.

“Where do you think that was?”

“The what?”

“The building, obviously.”

“You mean the station?”

“No, Gardevoir. The building we were in. The one with the tall ceiling.”

“Uh, the train hasn’t stopped since we left the station. So it’s impossible you were in a building. Unless you used Double Team or Nasty Plot and sent the illusion out of the train towards a building, of course. But as far as I know, you don’t know either of those.”

“That’s right, which must mean I’m having hallucinations of some kind…”

“It’s probably all this murder stuff. I’m pretty freaked out, too. Everyone is, but no one wants to show they are. Especially guys.”

“Hey, is that ranting about guys?”

“Haha, of course not. It’s just that, they all want to look strong, impassive, firm. But sometimes they try so hard they forget what’s most important.”

“And what would that be?”

“Cooking the meals for everyone, of course,” said Gardevoir with a little chuckle.

“Of course, mademoiselle,” replied Scizor, amused.

The passenger/staff split of the rooms was abolished for the trip, as they had to use one of them to put the bodies in, and no one wanted to enter Vileplume’s room.

So, the rooms were as follows: in room #1, there would be Brooks, Seir and Nidoking.

Room #2 would be occupied by Lilligant, Gardevoir and Oyuki, and room #3 by Aquamarine, Aulus and Meowstic.

Room #4 would be shared by Excadrill, Empoleon and Scizor, while Togepi and Electivire had their own rooms. The former because he was a public danger, and the latter because the driving compartment was equipped with a bed, shelves, etc.

No one had any complaints (at least for the time being) so the trip continued normally for a couple of days, in which the murderer didn’t strike for some reason.

On a beautiful Monday morning, Togepi was walking around the train, walking through the sites of the murders looking for clues. Close to Vileplume’s room, where the first murder had taken place, he found a folded piece of paper.

“A clue!” he exclaimed, but immediately realized his mistake and put the paper into his shell to read it later and promptly walked away from the scene.

In his room, he opened it and read it.

It was a page of Vileplume’s diary, but it was slightly burned, which made some parts impossible to read.

Monday 18th, 1897

I’ve never been a fan of keeping a written record of my every research, but I’ll start doing it in case I’m not able to publish them.

So, my latest investigation had a rather interesting subject: the death of _______. My extensive ________ didn’t give me any results. Or any conclusive ones, at least. But what I did find out…

“What’s that paper, Togepi?” asked Oyuki, who had woken up early for some reason.

Panicking, Togepi quickly hid the paper, and faked that he had just woken up.

“Oyuki? What are you doing up? Staff are supposed to wake up early, not passengers! Go back to your cabin!” yelled Togepi, and he closed the door.

Not sure if she had read the paper, he wondered what to do. As Vileplume pointed out, ’Having this knowledge is dangerous.’

Minutes after, Togepi headed for the kitchen, where Oyuki’s body laid, with multiple scratches all over her body. Her throat was open, and there were big ice spikes everywhere. But there was a detail Togepi didn’t notice: a flower was next to the body.

Togepi went to everyone’s rooms, and told everyone the murderer had to be Empoleon, because there were ice spikes, which meant someone had shot water at Oyuki and she had frozen it to defend herself. Also, the scratches could be claw marks…or the edge of Empoleon’s fins.

Death(s): Oyuki the Glaceon

Accused: Empoleon The Explorer inb4 Dora puns

@TheStrictNein , you have 3 days to submit your alibi! Please remember to PM both me and bbninjas! ^.^

Again, I'm sorry :( but thanks :)

I'm sorry Vom, but reposting Chapter 5 five times is not going to make the murder/s clearer.

"Hahaha, it's cute you think I am actually staying in the same room as others
I'll let you keep believing it though"

"Damnit," Togepi frowned, "Oyuki was the least intolerable of all of you, besides maybe Lilligant. Why can't the murderer kill all of the annoying passengers first?" Togepi then glared at Electivire. "Speaking of," he leered, "I run this place, not you. Go back to driving and don't take the helms ever again, or you'll be sorry." Despite the harsh demeanour Togepi was exhibiting, he felt a tingle of something he'd never felt before. When he saw Oyuki's body he felt a tingle of guilt down his spine; she must have died because she saw the paper he was holding. Confused, Togepi went to lie down. 'Killings are harder to accept when you're not behind the trigger...' he thought to himself, as he drifted off to sleep.

Last edited:
"Hmmm, egg, you actually didn't hate someone, what is this, you getting soft? Pathetic"

[Gallade] ... that paper? This Glaceon read the paper and was killed for it? But Vileplume is dead, why would someone be killed for reading her notes? Is someone trying to keep some information out of our hands? Togepi, what does that paper say?

[Lilligant] *Sobs* It's all my - *sobs* fault! I never - *sobs* - should have - *sobs* - bought her that train ticket! She wanted to - *sobs* go to a place called paradise - *sobs* - where everyone is accepted! And she died - *sobs* - thinking I'll never know - *sobs* - what she intended - *sobs* - to tell me. B-b-b-but if only she knew that I did.... - *sobs* - I've g-g-got some tea here, her favourite blend -*sobs* - rosemary and citrus. D-d-does anyone - *sobs* - want some?

[me] Nooo, Oyuki! also:
Gallade was starting to lose patience. Not that he had much of it,
Very funny, Vom. :p

[Gallade] ... that paper? This Glaceon read the paper and was killed for it? But Vileplume is dead, why would someone be killed for reading her notes? Is someone trying to keep some information out of our hands? Togepi, what does that paper say?

[Lilligant] *Sobs* It's all my - *sobs* fault! I never - *sobs* - should have - *sobs* - bought her that train ticket! She wanted to - *sobs* go to a place called paradise - *sobs* - where everyone is accepted! And she died - *sobs* - thinking I'll never know - *sobs* - what she intended - *sobs* - to tell me. B-b-b-but if only she knew that I did.... - *sobs* - I've g-g-got some tea here, her favourite blend -*sobs* - rosemary and citrus. D-d-does anyone - *sobs* - want some?

[me] Nooo, Oyuki! also:

Very funny, Vom. :p

"What makes you think I would tell you?" Togepi scoffed.

"What makes you think I would tell you?" Togepi scoffed.
[Gallade] Simple. If this Glaceon died for reading this note, then you logically are going to die next for reading the same note. Someone doesn't want this information to get out. Therefore, if we all were to hear the information, then we may have a clue to who the murderer is. Alternately, we could all just be in the same place at the same time, so the murderer couldn't kill someone without the other 11 people in the room seeing it.

[Gallade] Simple. If this Glaceon died for reading this note, then you logically are going to die next for reading the same note. Someone doesn't want this information to get out. Therefore, if we all were to hear the information, then the murderer would have lost that leverage point.
"Ha, you think the murderer can kill ME? If that murderer tries to enter my room he's got another thing coming!" Togepi laughed, charged another piece of ammo in his gun and then sauntered into his room and closed the door behind him.

[Gallade] How many guns can he fit in there?

[Lilligant] you - *sob* - Don't want t-t-to find out. Hmm? What's this?

Lilligant carefully walks over to Oyuki's body, still crying silently. A Tear drips onto the flower laying next to the body. Hidden in one of the ice spikes, but accessible from the back, is a jar. The jar appears to be made out of ice. Lilligant pulls it out of the ice spike and places it down quickly.

It's a Frism. She - *sobs* used it to record her stories and w-w-write them down in her journal later. B-b-but it looks like she r-r-recorded something. If I warm it up, we can her what her lasts words were. Should - *sobs* - we?

[Lilligant]She wanted to - *sobs* go to a place called paradise - *sobs* - where everyone is accepted!
[Lilligant]It's a Frism.
"Lilligant," Togepi said, "you been playing some Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity recently?"

"That Frism is staff property. I'll take that off your hands now, madam." Togepi forcefully shoved past the other passengers and put the Frism on the table in his room.

"Lilligant," Togepi said, "you been playing some Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity recently?"

"That Frism is staff property. I'll take that off your hands now, madam." Togepi forcefully shoved past the other passengers and put the Frism on the table in his room.
[Lilligant] *Uses Quiver dance* What makes you think that frism is staff property? For all we know, it could have some really important clue hidden inside it. Please, Togepi. We need to hear the recording in the Frism!

[Lilligant] *Uses Quiver dance* What makes you think that frism is staff property? For all we know, it could have some really important clue hidden inside it. Please, Togepi. We need to hear the recording in the Frism!
"Lilligant," Togepi said calmly, "I don't want to have to use force on you, but ANY evidence pertaining to the investigations is staff property and will remain in my highly booby trapped room. All we need to do is throw Hedron off this train and the murders will stop anyway, in which case I think it'd be best for us to keep the Frism sealed and protect Oyuki's memories. If this evidence becomes of use, we will use it. Until then, hand it over." Togepi held out his hand (though no one noticed looking at how small and stubby they are) and coughed a couple times.

"Lilligant," Togepi said calmly, "I don't want to have to use force on you, but ANY evidence pertaining to the investigations is staff property and will remain in my highly booby trapped room. All we need to do is throw Hedron off this train and the murders will stop anyway, in which case I think it'd be best for us to keep the Frism sealed and protect Oyuki's memories. If this evidence becomes of use, we will use it. Until then, hand it over." Togepi held out his hand (though no one noticed looking at how small and stubby they are) and coughed a couple times.
[Lilligant] If you put it like that... *gently hands over Frism* Be careful. Don't hold it for too long, as these activate by heat. Now, *Tries to smile, but fails* Who wants some tea?

[Hedron] If this mole gets kicked off the train I can guarantee that it will break down and leave you in the middle of who knows where! And I won't care a bit.

[Hedron] If this mole gets kicked off the train I can guarantee that it will break down and leave you in the middle of who knows where! And I won't care a bit.
Togepi's face lit up with anger. "Look, everyone," Togepi cried, "this mole doesn't even care for our safety! He's already sabotaged the train!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back