Emboar-EX vs. Togekiss-EX Deck Image, Translations

Yay, a new growlithe and arcanine to add to my growlithe collection! And wow, they are gorgeous! <3
Where can I import this deck from? I don't want to wait for the English ones, and I don't even have any Japanese cards.

Nah, they'll just toss these cards into a main set and upgrade half of them to rares for... reasons?

Feel like the attacks are getting really repetitive. Hurricane Wind (from Zapdos), Strong Flare (from Zekrom), basically copied and pasted from the original.

People have to remember that these ARE starter decks pretty much
It's like a starter deck. What did you expect something good?

"Starter" should not affect how worthwhile a card is for competitive play, it should affect how complicated it is. The-powers-that-be don't want to confuse new, inexperienced players with complicated effect text or card interactions, let alone things that actually require the official rulings to understand, but that does not and should not equate to underpowered cards. Vanilla? Probably, but not under powered.

The idea that the cards new players find easily accessible and which are even marketed to them should intentionally be designed to be weak may be how it is usually done, but it is a terrible idea that I hope both the designers eventually realize and that the player base rejects. Plus, even if we accept the notion that a "Starter" deck shouldn't be any good... nothing says that the individual cards need to be bad. Again, a "simplified" build that would struggle to win even a low level event can contain great cards. :)

Last edited:
"Starter" should affect how worthwhile a card is for competitive play, it should affect how complicated it is. The-powers-that-be don't want to confuse new, inexperienced players with complicated effect text or card interactions, let alone things that actually require the official rulings to understand, but that does not and should not equate to underpowered cards. Vanilla? Probably, but not under powered.

The idea that the cards new players find easily accessible and which are even marketed to them should intentionally be designed to be weak may be how it is usually done, but it is a terrible idea that I hope both the designers eventually realize and that the player base rejects. Plus, even if we accept the notion that a "Starter" deck shouldn't be any good... nothing says that the individual cards need to be bad. Again, a "simplified" build that would struggle to win even a low level event can contain great cards. :)

Okay! I understand your opinion. As a TCG Player,even I don't play championships,I don't know that they're some rules of the Pokemon TCG about that.
I was the one who say that this must be a starter deck,because look at the logos at the bottom right. It looks like in a starter kit.

I was the one who say that this must be a starter deck,because look at the logos at the bottom right. It looks like in a starter kit.

Identifying these as being a starter deck or something like a starter deck isn't the issue; my goal was to explain why that should not be a reason for customers to settle for substandard card design. :)

that aromattise can be used as a tech against the new giratina EX! colorless attack, muscle band 80,(in expanded use silver bangle for ohko) x2 is 160! they ko you, you counter with your own big EX! I can't believe I just noticed this...

Back