ORAS Catching Tips for Deoxys in ORAS

wrestlinglord said:
I'm trying to save my Master Ball.

pokemon64 said:
Just use the master ball. Its really the only one you should use it on.
wrestlinglord indicated he would like to save his Master Ball. It's very manageable to catch both Rayquaza and Deoxys without using the Master Ball, so there is no need to use it if he doesn't want to.

To catch deoxys, weaken its health until its in the red, and then try to paralyze/confuse/poison/burn/sleep and then throw balls at it. That's at least what the old man from red version told me

I got ridiculously lucky catching him. I didn't know he was gonna appear so I used the master ball on rayquaza. I got him to yellow health then my ray died. Sent out my tentacruel, use sludge wave and I swear he goes down to 1 health. I chuck ultra balls till I get him (my aggron took all of the hits easily.)

The only tip needed is: Don't weaken it with Rayquaza! It kills Deoxys. Use your game team instead. I used Delcatty's Thunder Wave and weakened it weakened it with her Secret Power. The Ultra-Balls just work great then.

I use uxie to yawn protect, attack with extrasensory, repeat. that's how I caught landorus-t and other stuff with ease.
But, there always is master ball and be done with it

I only used 3 pokemon there to catch Deoxys and its unsually easy. well not counting rayquaza
First I have Raichu(lvl 87) to paralyzed rayquaza w/ thunder wave.
then switch to Garchomp(lvl 65) to damage Deoxys w/ False Swipe until hp falls to 1
then switch to Xerneas to keep rayquaza company while catching him w/ First I tried Dusk Ball 2x didnt work. then switch to Premium Balls tried 1x only LOL
before switching to Timer Ball which succeed on second try XD

Back