Ruling Additional Effects for Attacks / Abilities

DragonFlames

Aspiring Trainer
I have two different questions on how to treat several Attacks and Abilities.

1) If I use Yveltal XY's Oblivion Wing and don't have a Darkness Energy in my discard pile, does the attack fail? Same for Landorus FUF's first attack, which lets you attach any Energy from the discard pile?

2) I put an Eevee FUF into play and its ability Energy Evolution says that whenever I attach an Energy card to Eevee, I may search my deck for a card that evolves from Eevee and matches the type of Energy I attached (like, say, I attach a Water Energy and have a Glaceon in my deck.). Can I make use of this ability in the turn I play Eevee from my hand or do normal evolution rules apply (e.g. put down Eevee, attach Energy, search deck, evolve)?

Yveltal-XY-78.jpg

Eevee-Furious-Fists-80.jpg

Yes, you can still use Oblivion Wing even if you don't have Darkness Energy in your discard pile.

Yes, with Energy Evolution, you can evolve Eevee on the first turn or the first turn it is in play.

Please remember to include PB scans of the cards in question next time for everyone's convenience. I've included them this time.

Yes, you can still use Oblivion Wing even if you don't have Darkness Energy in your discard pile.

Yes, with Energy Evolution, you can evolve Eevee on the first turn or the first turn it is in play.

Please remember to include PokéBeach scans of the cards in question next time for everyone's convenience. I've included them this time.

Right, thank you! I'll remember it from now on!

Also thanks for the quick reply! This helps a lot! :D
Right, now where are my Eeveelution cards...?

Back