Writing PMD: Explorers of Time - PokéBeach Edition! Final Chapter! Help Me Decide The Next One!

Could always just use one of your old nicks from before you name changed to Chaos Jackal, if applicable. :p

You were at least 5 levels over me and it didn't sound like you had much of an issue battling Primal Dialga.

You are so lucky. Are you going to do the post-game story?

Yeah, he was very easy. :p Took maybe 5~7 rounds, including 2 Smokescreens? Didn't need to heal or revive at all; in fact, we didn't take any damage.

And, yes, I'll be doing post-game. :) First chapter of that should be up tomorrow, provided I don't automatically start off with 11 filler dungeons, that is.

There's now a part of me that wishes you were playing explorers of sky, because then

I wouldn't have been erased from existence.

/me is now erased from existence.

And don't think for a moment that I would actually bring you back if I had control over it. Not for free, at least.
Wondering whether I'd be fighting this or supporting it.

Also, ;~; the ending of this always gets me. Somewhere. Maybe I'm just hungry.
But yay for post-game! If you do decide you want the characters posted before, just poke me for help. (I support PP as Medicham and Light as Gardevoir. Drohn for Lopunny.)

I'm only doing half-assed member-characters based on people's suggestions, no formal nominations or votes or anything. If people have a good idea, they can shout it out, and I'll incorporate them if I like the idea.

Chapter P1: Graduating from the Guild!

As a result of Athena and Keeper's heroic actions, the destruction of time was stopped and peace returned to the world of Pokémon. Of course, not everything returned to normal right away. Some places remained where time was still out of control, but overall, things were becoming better everywhere.

<Athena> After all, there needs to be some kind of narrative justification for dungeons and recruitable Pokémon to still exist everywhere.​

As for Athena and Keeper, they returned to Wigglytuff's Guild and fell back into their daily routine of vigorous training.

<Athena> Yay, filler dungeons! \o/​

One morning, several months later in the meeting room of the guild...

<Keeper> Huh? Graduation? :O
<Tails> Yep! Graduation from the guild. You'll have more freedom to do what you want and not get stuck with training all the time. You still have to pass the final exam, though.
<Athena> Sweet, I'm good at tests.
<Luis> But but but.... we've been around so much longer than Athena and Keeper, so why do they get to take the exam and graduate before we do? :<
<Tails> Because they're the main characters, duh. Also, they're like level 47 or whatever now. Oh, I guess there's the whole "saving the world" thing, too.
<Keeper> So, uh, what's the exam like anyway?
<IA> You're going to be exploring a new dungeon, the Mystifying Forest. Within it is a place called the Luminous Spring. There's a treasure there you need to bring back.
<Tails> If you succeed, you'll officially be able to graduate!
<IA> However, you must also beware of.... THE BOSS. He goes by the title of The Grandmaster of All Things Bad *cue spooky music*
<Athena> *facepalm*
<Keeper> Ohgod, he sounds horrifying. D:
<WPM> HE IS. I TOOK THE EXAM LAST YEAR, AND.... WELL, I'M NOT ALLOWED TO TALK ABOUT IT, BUT IT WAS AWFUL. I FAILED.
<IA> So good luck. ^_^
<Keeper> >___>
<Tails> Anyway, meeting over, everyone is dismissed!​

Keeper and I looked at each other, shrugged, and then went off to town to prepare for the trip. On the way, we bumped into 2 NPCs we haven't really had much contact with before, Teddiursa and Ursaring.

<Ursa> 'Sup?
<Keeper> Yo.
<Teddi> We're off to the Mystifying Forest!
<Keeper> Aren't you scared of the The Grandmaster of All Things Bad? D:
<Ursa> The who in the what now?
<Athena> It's some super scary bad guy who apparently lives there or something.
<Teddi> Oh, we go there all the time and we've never seen anyone like that. :\
<Ursa> And now that we've said that, our place in the plot is fulfilled, let's go! *leaves with Teddiursa*
<Keeper> Huh, that's weird.
<Athena> Eh, I always figured there were some kind of shenanigans afoot. Let's just get ready and go.​

We rejiggered our inventory and prepared for the new dungeon. Among the random boxes that we collected, I managed to snag a Charme-Fang to replace the Char Claw that somehow disappeared. We also used some TMs to give ourselves some more wide-reaching moves, Vacuum Cut for myself and Wide Slash for Keeper. It was time to say goodbye to the faithful Scratch. Finally ready, we popped back in the guild quick to save and then headed off to the Mystifying Forest.

<Keeper> Huh, I wonder what makes this forest so "mystifying". It just looks like a plain old forest to me.
<Athena> The background music is pretty cool and mysterious.
<Keeper> Yeah, true. Oh well, let's go!​

The dungeon was, well, if not mystifying, then certainly weird. There were Pokémon of all types and levels, and a large variety of items as well. So many Pokémon seemed to give such little exp that it almost felt not worth it to spend PP fighting, so we focused on getting through the dungeon quickly without doing much exploration. Eventually we reached the end section, and also met back up with our new NPC friends from earlier.

<Ursa> So, found your big baddy yet?
<Teddi> lolololololololololol
<Keeper> Nope, but I'm sure he'll be around soon.
<Teddi> So, why are you guys here anyway?
<Keeper> We're looking for the Luminous Spring!
<Ursa> Ooooh, fancy.
<Teddi> It's just up ahead. There's only one path, so you can't miss it.
<Ursa> In fact, we were heading there ourselves. Follow us!
<Keeper> Oooh, cool!​

Just as Keeper and I stepped forward to reach the path to the spring, we triggered a trap! The... thing in front of us that appeared to be some kind of awkward bush was actually a bunch of grass cover concealing a pitfall trap. We stood up in the hole and looked around, but before we could see anything, it was suddenly pitch dark! The hole above us was closing up and we were trapped!

<Keeper> Well, that was unhandy.
<???> MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
<Athena> >.>?
<Keeper> Who's there? >:|
<???> Welcome to the world.... OF DARKNESS.
<Athena> We noticed. >_>
<???> I am The Grandmaster of All Things Bad!
<Athena> Lovely title, btw.
<???> I and my minions are here! You're surrounded! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Prepare to--​

Suddenly the roof opened up, filling the pit with light. Standing in front of us was The Grandmaster of All Things Evil himself and all of his minions.... IA and Tails and the other guildmembers.

<Athena> I knew there were shenanigans. *facepalm*
<Keeper> IA? Tails? Everyone? What are you doing here? o_o;
<Tails> Zyflair... what happened to the cover?!
<Zyflair> Oh, whoops, sorry guys. I just thought was a bit too dark in there to see anything so I opened it up... was I not supposed to? >_>
<Tails> *double facewing*
<Keeper> So, uh, IA.... what's going on?
<TGMATB> Huh? Who's IA?
<Keeper> o_o?
<TGMATB> I am the Grandmaster of All Things Bad! I don't know anything about anyone called IA.
<Athena> *sigh*
<Tails> Uh, yes, that's right! And we're, uh, just plain old minions.
<Teal> It's so true! I've never even heard of the name "Teal" before!
<TGMATB> As I was saying... prepare to be annihilated! YOOM...TAH!​

And so Keeper and I were engaged in battle against our fellow Guildmates. IA was the toughest of them all, but because they were such a large group, the battle was surprisingly difficult! Both Keeper and I needed to be revived once, and I used a healing berry as well. I focused on keeping IA disabled and then taking care of the other, easier members with Keeper before we combined forces to take down IA at the very end.

<TGMATB> Urk! They got me... everyone, abandon your posts! *flees*​

Keeper and I climbed out of the pit as everyone else spring up and ran for the hills.

<Athena> Well... that was weird.
<Keeper> We did good though, right?
<Athena> I think so?
<Keeper> I guess we should continue onto the Spring now...​

We continued on ahead, eventually coming to the Spring and running into Ursaring and Teddiursa again.

<Ursa> Hey, what kept you guys?
<Keeper> ... I'd rather not get into it. But, uh, what's up?
<Teddi> We found a treasure box!
<Ursa> We've never seen this here before, so it was kind of weird.
<Teddi> I thought about opening it, but I have a bad feeling about it...
<Ursa> So we're not sure what to do. It could be a trap!
<Keeper> Oh, don't worry about that. That treasure is why Athena and I are here! We'll open it up.
<Ursa> Oh, cool.
<Athena> I guess I'll do the honours, then, but first, just in case... *touches box* Yeah, IA put this here, so it should be safe.​

I opened the box and out popped...

<Teddi> ... a Perfect Apple?
<Athena> Leave it to IA to decide that a Perfect Apple is worthy of treasure status. *sigh*
<Keeper> I guess we ought to bring it back to the guild then. *grabs apple*​

As Keeper grabbed the apple, suddenly a bright shaft of light broke through the gloom and down into the spring!

<Ursa> Oh, cool, the spring must be back to normal now after the time shenanigans.
<Teddi> Hurray! I knew it would happen eventually. And now I can evolve again! :D
<Keeper> Evolve?
<Ursa> Yeah, this place gives some Pokémon the power to evolve somehow. Or something.
<Athena> Yeah, evolving is weird in this world. I just don't even bother pretending to understand it. Go stand in the light and do your magic evolution thing, little bro.
<Keeper> I don't even know what evolution is... ._.;
<Athena> Man, the quality of education around here mus be pretty lack. I'll tell you about it later, Keeper.
<Teddi> Or you can just watch me!​

Teddiursa walked over to the lightbeam, spoke some words to a mysterious entity, and suddenly he involved into Ursaring!

<Ursa> 'Sup?
<Ursa> Congrats! :D
<Keeper> Ohgod, I can't tell them apart... @_@;
<Athena> I'll start calling the one that used to be Teddiursa NewUrsa then.
<NewUrsa> Sweet, I'm fancy.
<Keeper> Man, I wanna try evolving! *runs into the light*
<LightBeam> Hey, you wanna evolve?
<Keeper> Yes please!
<LightBeam> .... well, sorry, no can do.
<Keeper> What?! Why not? D:
<LightBeam> Dunno. Probably because plot, I guess. The little orange one can't evolve yet either.
<Athena> Damn.
<Keeper> Are you sure you can't even give us any vague hints or anything?
<LightBeam> Very well then. You cannot evolve because of the "distortion of space".
<Keeper> But that doesn't mean anything!
<LightBeam> Hey, you're the one who asked for a vague hint.
<Keeper> *sigh* Fine, whatever, let's just go.​

Keeper and I used our badges to teleport back to the guild. Everyone was in the main room waiting for us as we walked in and presented the Perfect Apple to IA.

<IA> You've passed the graduation exam! Congrats! ^_^
<Everyone> Hurray! :D
<Keeper> So, are you finally going to admit to being The Grandmaster of All Things Bad now?
<IA> Huh? I'm sorry, I'm afraid I have no idea what you're talking about.
<Athena> *facepalm*
<Everyone> *nervous laughter*
<Tails> Anyway, since you've graduated the guild, you can more or less do whatever you want now.
<Keeper> So we can finally keep all the money we make on jobs, sweet! :D
<Tails> Actually... no. You still owe a debt to the build and therefore we still take almost all of your money.
<Keeper> So... not much really is changing then, is it.
<MtC> Tonnes of things change for you! Like, uh...
<SR> You get this sweet larger bag!
<WPM> AND SOME MONEY, HERE.
<Tails> Also, you get kicked out, so you'll have to go live somewhere else now. Ta-ta!​

Keeper and I waved to everyone then moved our stuff over to the Sharpedo cave where we stayed with TGK. It was a nice place, so might as well. It was time to start a new series of adventures!

Team Awesome:
Athena:
Lv. 47 Charmander (Ember, Smokescreen, Scratch, Flamethrower)
Keeper: Lv. 47 Totodile (Ice Fang, Scratch, Aqua Tail, Bite)

Available Teammates: Sandslash (24), Oddish (11), Paras (13), Venomoth (1), Psyduck (10), Poliwag (9), Machop (6), Geodude (7), Doduo (10), Krabby (12), Rhyhorn (24), Hoothoot (13), Spinarak (10), Mareep (21), Hoppip (13), Wooper (11), Phanpy (20), Larvitar (23), Zigzagoon (15), Lotad (11), Nincada (24), Ninjask (27), Mawile (25), Cacnea (23), Cacturne (24), Seviper (36), Barboach (1), Shinx (18), Budew (12), Cranidos (26), Shieldon (27), Wormadam (26), Pachirisu (14), Cherubi (14), Gastrodon (East Sea) (13), Hippopotas (27), Skorupi (25), Carnivine (24)

Player Notes:

A short chapter compared to some of the other ones we've had lately, but it was a good spot to stop, so figured it would be the best.

We did have some problems fighting the guild; group bosses are the worst, and Vacuum Cut was useless because it does such little damage. Any suggestions for a better multiple target TM? >.> But major props to IA for attempting to keep his cover despite the obviousness. :p

I'm guessing the main purpose of this dungeon is to recruit a bunch of starters and stuff? It was the first time I've seen other starters available, and a bunch of other new Pokémon too. It was kind of annoying though because so many of the enemies are low-leveled and gave paltry amounts of exp, so I mostly just went through quickly rather than taking the time to explore and gather items, though we did still run into a Monster House that had enough tougher enemies that we needed to heal a couple times.

I guess this point is when the filler dungeons start kicking in. CJ said I should keep an eye out for special jobs on the board and new NPCs appearing in town, so I guess I'll just play through the dungeons as I have the time and look for plot triggers.

I know that Silver Wind and Earthquake are decent. Personally I'm a fan of bullet seed but I doubt you actually can have that without grass types. n~n;

I don't think I've seen TMs for any of those yet, sadly, but I'll keep my eyes open. Thanks!

The Guild Battle is one of those matches that made me happy I chose Pikachu as a partner because at this time he learned Discharge and he just spammed that move against the guild members. Even though it wasn't very effective on Diglett & Dugtrio, it did a decent amount of damage on them so he just kept going and I managed to beat the guild members in one try.

Yeah, Discharge is super nice. I learned that from Porygon in the Tower. :p

I was about to say that Vacuum Cut only does 18 damage no matter your level, but apparently you figured that out.

I don't think there are that many moves the starters can learn to hit many enemies. Blast Burn and Lava Plume hit all enemies around you (the 8 surrounding tiles), but the former requires recharging and I'm not sure if even PMD Charmander can learn the latter. Blast Burn is ridiculously powerful and justifies the recharging turn, but you learn it at a much higher level. Similarly, Totodile's line doesn't have many area moves.

If you are a killjoy and decide to use different leaders instead of the main characters (I personally did all of post-game and then some with them, at least until they both got to 100), then I suggest you try and rebattle Dialga to recruit it. Roar of Time acts in the same way as Discharge, and although it pauses you there won't be much left to hit you afterwards. Monster houses can also be countered by stuff like the Foe-Hold Orb, but group boss battles don't allow orbs so you need to find other ways.

Personally, being an owner of Darkness instead of Time, my go-to item was the Violent Seed. Since I was determined to finish the whole story with the main characters, which are the only mons you have that can't evolve until it's all over, sometimes stuff got hard. The Violent Seed is the version-exclusive counterpart of Vile Seed. While the Vile Seed can only affect the one target you throw it at, eating a Violent Seed allowed me to hit like a truck for the whole duration of the battle.

Last edited:
I plan on sticking with just using the main characters. It would be weird for me to narrate as not-myself, and I'd feel bad ditching Keeper, and dragging around more partners seems more effort than its worth since they tend to just be dumb and die easily and annoy me.

Although people here know this game better than I do, I can at least tell you a couple of useful things I used to do with my equipment.
Always, when starting any dungeon, you should bring:

-Almost enough apples to last you the dungeon (not all, you need as much space as you can get), that is from 1 to 3 apples; you will find apples in the dungeon, but in some they are scarce. You need more if you use the wall-walking skills.
-1 or 2 max elixers, depending on if you have PP saver, and how rich in PP your moves are.

Those depend also on how is your RPG OCD; the quicker you go to the stairs, the less you will need.

-1 specific item for each member of the party, these can be the generic scarves, berries or their species' special items, which you should favor when possible. You should also favor the Joy scarf, if you're lucky enough to find it.
-1 escape orb, for emergencies; I used to never discard them in the dungeons to make space (and actively sought them out), so I was always well stocked with them.
-1 or 2 warp orbs; these are invaluable for monster houses (except for some very unfortunate levels); they allow you to scatter the enemies all over the floor, giving you room to plan better your tactics.
-1 slumber orb; this is for those cases (which you'll find, believe me), when the entire floor has no walls, and you have a monster house; the agility kingdras in a sea level are The. Worst. for example, unless, you carry one of these darlings.

Then I added, maybe, some warp/sleep seeds to throw in emergencies and bosses, but that's the standard equipment, it's mostly to keep you alive for as long as you can and allow you to gather as much loot as you can without losing, since if you run out of apples, HP or get in an impossible situation, you can run away before.

Last edited:
Interesting! This is what my standard inventory has been for the most part:

Equips:
Fuchsia Bow (Athena)
Power Band (Keeper)

I did actually give a Joy Ribbon to Athena for a while, but I feel like we're horribly over- leveled for the moment so I went back to the Fuchsia.

Food:
1 Big Apple
2 Apples
X Gummies, where X is equal to all of the gummies I own at the moment up to a maximum of 3, 4 if one of them is a Blue Gummi for Keeper.

If I have a high number of gummies, I generally reduce the number of apples I bring along since the gummies fill stomach decent well. However, if I know I'm going someplace long, I might bring more. This is just kind of the default.

HP/PP:
2 Oran Berries
1 Sitrus Berry
2 Max Elixirs
2-3 Reviver Seeds
1 Heal Seed

If I'm exploring a lot, I generally use 1 Max Elixir per dungeon, but for shorter dungeons of when I'm hurrying, I might not need any. Otherwise, this is all "just in case" stuff. No PP saver or anything, and I actually might start needing more Max Elixirs now that I've swapped out Scratch, but this patterns has served me well so far.

Orbs/Seeds:
1 Escape Orb
1 Petrify/Foe-Hold Orb
1 Rollcall Orb
1 (Weather) Orb
1 Pure Seed

This is all primarily "just in case" stuff. Rollcall for warp traps (mostly for when I was lugging around NPCs), Petrify/Foe-Hold for Monster Houses, Weather to counter other Weather effects, Pure in case I need to get to the stairs quick for whatever reason, Escape just to have an emergency "escape" button if everything goes wrong.

I didn't think to use Warp Orbs for Monster Houses, but that's a good idea, so I'll add that into my list. I haven't seen any Slumber Orbs yet, but I assume the Petrify/Foe-Hold Orb would serve the same purpose, effectively.

Other:
99 Iron Thorn
X Gravelerock
Charme-Fang
Key

I like to be able to throw things; it comes in handy. Besides, you find those things everywhere. The Thorns are my default, but I save Gravelerocks in case I need to put Keeper in front for whatever reason. The Charme-fang is to boost Athena's moves; I haven't gotten a similar item for Keeper. The key is actually fairly new; they started appearing in the shop post-credits and I don't know what they do yet, but I've bought a couple and I now keep one in my bag so it's there if/when I can use it.

Based on that, all I could say is that the berries could be lost, as you often find them on the dungeons; same thing with the gummis; if you don's save them for minions recruits, give them all to athena, regardless of your belly; buy apples for that, since the gain in IQ is well worth the waste (you'll thank me once you start to walk on water, and especially when you get to break the walls as you walk through them).

Same with the apples; always use big apples, to save space; I was fairly obsessive with my items back in the day, so I usually brought everything that wasn't nailed down to the floor or guarded by a god-like kecleon back from the dungeon, and so I would come back with oodles of "treasure" and eat the gummis, keep the apples, slumber/foe-hold/warp/escape orbs, unique items, boxes (or rather their contents), ranged attack items and sell the rest (TMs included) for money, which I used to buy more orbs and big apples. That way, I was always with a nice amount of consumable items in reserve, for those rare occasions I lost them in the dungeon.

The pure seed is a good idea; I usually never bothered with the rarer seeds because they're... well, rare, so they're not that easily replaceable; unless it's the last floor, if you're in bad shape for the dungeon, getting to the stairs only delays the inevitable, in my experience.

And I completely forgot the key; always carry one with you (that's another use for the escape orb; rather than lose the keys, escape).

I have quite a few Pure Seeds; didn't realize they were rare. >_> On the flip side of that, I seem to rarely find Oran Berries in dungeons (though plenty of the status-healing ones which I just sell). I guess it's just the fun of RNG.

And I do consume all of my gummies in a given dungeon, but I generally wait until it serves the dual purpose of filling belly and giving IQ points. I don't really think it matters all that much if I bump up my IQ on floor 5 instead of floor 1 or whatever. They all go to Athena except for the Blue ones that go to Keeper. I do have a tonne of consumption in storage (a couple pages just of big apples) because I tend to buy and conserve them as well, and because stomach hasn't been an issue for me yet, so I've been saving them for later when I do need them.

Personally I have rarely found that Warp Orb useful in Monster Houses cause the rng generally decides to throw a couple of enemies in the rooms surrounding me, meaning I often still have multiple enemies coming at once. Of course, Im often also underleved, sooooo...

Just eat the Gummis the moment you get them or enter the dungeon. Big Apples (or Huge Apples, my own personal favorites) are more than enough. A couple Huge Apples (or more if we were talking about a nastily big dungeon), Pokemon-specific items, an Escape Orb, Keys, Reviver Seed(s) and a Max Elixir or two if I was in a particularly tough dungeon (with the double hitting A-attack that you get later on through IQ you don't need moves as much). Also, Secret Slabs and Mystery Parts; these you will acquire as rewards or treasures from some bulletin board missions. They're not plot-relevant, but having them in your bag gives you a chance to meet and recruit legendary Pokemon who wander on the floors of some dungeons.

Chapter P2: Prepare for SEKRIT MISSIONS

Keeper and I spent the next few days doing filler dungeons and waiting for the next plot to trigger. Finally...

<Keeper> Ooh, hey, there's a Mr. Mime standing by the shop!
<Athena> Seems suspicious, might be a plot trigger. Let's go talk to him!
<Mime> Hey guys, 'sup?
<Athena> Oh, you know, just chilling, doing filler dungeons.
<Mime> Say, have you heard the story of the famous explorer Scizor?
<Athena> Nope, but I'm willing to suffer through hearing it if it means we get more plot soon.
<Mime> He was a super famous explorer, even moreso than TT! However, he disappeared when he was out exploring Blizzard Island.
<Athena> Ooooh, that smells like a new dungeon.
<Mime> A lot of explorers have all done out there to save him, but they keep failing due to bad weather, you know, blizzards and all. Kind of rough stuff. Of course, this was ages ago, so who knows if he's even still alive.
<Keeper> Come on, skip to the good stuff.... any treasure there? :D
<Mime> Yes, indeed! The whole reason Scizor went there in the first place was for a cool treasure.
<Keeper> Yessss, I knew it!
<Mime> I've heard you guys have done some amazing feats as an exploration team... I wonder if you'd feel up to going out there and checking things out?
<Athena> Of course. Let's go, Keeper!​

We'd already readied our gear in preparation for another filler dungeon, so we were ready to go right away. We somehow managed to cross the seas in no time at all and soon we found ourselves in our newest dungeon. The Blizzard Cave was rough for me due to the prevalence of Water-type Pokémon and attacks, but Keeper and I eventually made it through towards a middle part where we were able to save and rest before diving into another dungeon. This second dungeon was thankfully a bit shorter, and before too long, we found ourselves on the lowest level.

We also found Scizor, who was trapped in a block of ice. Geez, poor guy.

<???> Ooooh, guests! :3
<Keeper> Who's there? >.>
<Frolass> *appears* It's so nice to see you! I get such few visitors... it must have been hard work fighting your way through those dungeons! You must be frozen almost stiff...
<Keeper> Yeah, it was pretty draining alright.
<Frolass> Well, why don't I complete the job and freeze you completely solid? :3
<Keeper> That's... not very hospitable of you. ._.;
<Athena> She's not a greeter, silly; she's a boss!​

Thankfully, my Fire-type attacks made quick work of Froslass and she fled, leaving us alone with the frozen Scizor. With a blast of Fire breath I was able to thaw the ice and free him!

<Scizor> Oh, geez, my head... wha... ?
<Athena> You okay, bro?
<Scizor> I was exploring, and.... that Froslass! She must have frozen me.
<Keeper> Yep, we came to rescue you!
<Scizor> How nice of you! My name is Scizor. :3
<Athena> Come on, let's get you back to civilization.​

Keeper and I used our badges to teleport the three of us back to Treasure Town together.

<Scizor> Thank you so much for rescuing me!
<Keeper> No problem! Happy to help. :D
<Scizor> I must say, though... everything looks pretty different around here...
<Athena> Well, you were kind of frozen for, uh, several years. >_>
<Scizor> Ohwow, it's like time travel!
<Athena> Time travel isn't nearly as pleasant, trust me.
<Scizor> Anyway, I'd really like to repay you guys for saving my life and all.... but I don't have any more... or things.... I know! I'll give you a title. :D
<Athena> Woohoo? <_<
<Scizor> I confer upon you... the Secret Rank!
<Athena> Can you even do that?
<Scizor> Oh, yeah, totally. I'm a famous explorer after all. We get privileges.
<Keeper> So, uh, is this just a meaningless title, or....
<Scizor> Oh, dear me no, it's very meaningful! You are now allowed to take "Special" missions!
<Athena> Oh, joy. :U
<Scizor> I'd explain more, but, well, they call it "Secret Rank" for a reason. You'll learn more in time! Now, take this stickeras proof of your new rank.
<Keeper> Thanks, I guess?
<Scizor> I shall never forget your valour and bravery! Farewell. :D *walks off*
<Keeper> I guess I can't blame him for being a bit kooky after being frozen for so long...​

Team Awesome:
Athena:
Lv. 49 Charmander (Ember, Smokescreen, Scratch, Flamethrower)
Keeper: Lv. 49 Totodile (Ice Fang, Scratch, Aqua Tail, Bite)

Available Teammates: Sandslash (24), Oddish (11), Paras (13), Venomoth (1), Psyduck (10), Poliwag (9), Machop (6), Geodude (7), Doduo (10), Krabby (12), Rhyhorn (24), Hoothoot (13), Spinarak (10), Mareep (21), Hoppip (13), Wooper (11), Phanpy (20), Larvitar (23), Zigzagoon (15), Lotad (11), Nincada (24), Ninjask (27), Mawile (25), Cacnea (23), Cacturne (24), Seviper (36), Barboach (1), Shinx (18), Budew (12), Cranidos (26), Shieldon (27), Wormadam (26), Pachirisu (14), Cherubi (14), Gastrodon (East Sea) (13), Hippopotas (27), Skorupi (25), Carnivine (24)

Player Notes:

Aaaaaaaand I just turned off the game without saving. >_< I guess I'll have to beat Froslass again later. *sigh* I don't like that the game got you so used to always getting an automatic save option whenever you slept during the main game but now it doesn't. *kicks things*

I guess this is kind of a short chapter, but it was one chunk of plot, and my husband is awake now, so it all works out well in the end.

The dungeon was indeed long and annoying with so many strong Water-type attackers. :< There were a couple times where I was effectively OHKOed, one time even from afar. Earlier in the game, I might have restarted so as to not waste so many Reviver Seeds, but I have so many and I rarely use them, so, whatever, I just took it. :U

I guess we'll have to see what these SEKRIT MISSIONS will be like.

I also took a couple filler dungeons to a new area over in the Zero Isle? I just grabbed them because I saw they were high level but didn't even notice until going to the Blizzard Cave that I actually have access to those new zones. :U So, I guess I'll give those a go next time I load up for more filler dungeons, and I might include it in the plot if it's interesting enough for a new zone.

PS: I was going to update my minions, but then hubby got up and I'm rushing to finish this, so I guess I'll just update them later. Got a bunch from today's dungeons and some others in the filler dungeons, too.

Back