Collecting The "Look What I Pulled" & Pull Rates Thread

I bought 2 Regirock 3 packs and a Primal Groudon Elite Trainer Box.

In the first 3 pack I got Energy Switch, in the second one I got M Gallade Ex. Both of those are new.

I got a 3rd Archie's Ace in the Hole in the Elite Trainer Box

tumblr_no5sw2KMr61r12rm4o9_r1_1280.jpg

tumblr_no5sw2KMr61r12rm4o10_r1_1280.jpg

WARNING for those buying Roaring Skies single packs.

I just bought 3 single pack Roaring Skies packs from Walmart and opened one, it contained 6 commons, areverse and 3 uncommons. No rare was in the pack aside from the rare reverse.

I don't want to open the other two packs because I fear these came from the same production line. This has to be the worst production mistake Pokemon has made thus far. We've already seen the backwards code cards before. I don't know how Pokemon production works but I have a feeling there are a ton of single pack Roaring skies packs out there with 6 commons and no regular rare, and in turn no chance for an ex. Unfortunately I don't think you can return Pokemon cards so I wasted money and I feel bad for others who buy these from the store.

It's funny because Iwent through the commons and didn't notice, then when the card right after the rev was a Mega Turbo I thought "Is there another secret rare in this set?" I hadn't even acknowledged it wasn't holo. I then went back and counted the commons.

lol i just opened 3 packs here are the pulls

M-Ray pack: M-Latios EX FA
M-Latios pack: SR energy switch

M-Latios pack: Shaymin EX FA and (don't know how) M-Rayquaza EX!!!
so happy :)
sorry its just you getting the bad luck :(

Edit: M-Rayquaza EX Dragon

Last edited by a moderator:
Aside from the 3 single packs I also got 3 Regirock packs, the first had a FA Wally, the second had a Shaymin Ex and the third had a Togekiss holo.

I did and they both had regular rares. I'm not sure how many of these single packs had the error, it could be one pack or it could be the whole production. The other two could have been from a previous production without the error.

That being said I will not be buying anyone Roaring Skies single packs. I noticed Mega Rayquaza packs seem to be the lucky packart for Roaring Skies but only in booster boxes and 3 pack blisters, not so much in single packs. Deoxys seems to be the unluckiest packart with hardly any chances to pull a full art.

That's interesting, two rares in a pack. Not unheard of though. I never really fell into the whole "lucky pack art" nonsense, it's a random lottery, you get what you get.
Anyway, picked up 3 Phantom forces blisters to test my luck and pull a butt ton of VS seekers as well as one Primal Clash blister for lols. Not a single VS seeker, leSigh. I did pull
Slurpuff
FA Gengar EX
M Gengar EX
Primal Kyogre EX
Jamming Net

One EX in each of the first 3 blisters with a holo and a hyper gear in the fourth, I am on fire with these blister packs lol

Last edited:
I'm not sure what you mean, the other two packs were normal packs, only the first pack had the error where you had 6 commons and no rare.

In the past I opened a pack that had uncommons replacing commons. The rev and rare were still included in the right locations. If the machine that packs the cards is set to grab 5 commons per pack, how can it randomly grab 6? Even if two cards were stuck together somehow I'd expect 11 cards in the pack instead of the rare being skipped so that it still only has 10.

I base it on history, for example in Primal Clash I've probably opened over 150 packs and have pulled around 25 full arts, not one came in a Primal Kyorge pack. In fact I think I've only pulled like 5 regular ex's from Primal Kyorge packs compared to the other packarts.

I recently watched The Poke Capital open a case of Roaring Skies, about 200 packs, I think 90% of the full arts in the case came in Mega Rayquaza packs, Deoxys only had 1 full art in the case.

I definitely think ex's are sorted into packs every so packs and I think packs are made in the order they appear in a booster box, so it's easy to think if every 4th pack is the same artwork and if every 4th pack gets an holo/ex that a packart would have a higher pull rate. Especially based on case openings.

The two rares one pack comment was in regard to V-Master.

I have seen first hand multiple cases being opened, and the pack arts were so random with the pulls. I believed in that whole pack art nonsense when I was younger but with the new cardboard packaging I'm not going to buy a M Rayquaza pack, open it and find a Deoxys pack art and jump to the conclusion that I won't pull anything good. It's random, lol.

Anyway, while cleaning up my room I found some random Plasma Storm packs I was holding onto for a friend of mine who was going to buy them but backed out.
Pulled a FA Colress and a Victini EX, along with Lasers + Virbanks and some donphans. Better than what I was selling em for, lol.

Hi peeps!

Yesterday, I picked up the remaining Phatom Forces blister pack that I had not gotten (the Darkrai Promo) and I had AMAZING pulls! I pulled a Florges EX, and a FULL METAL SECRET RARE DIALGA!!!!!

I got somewhat lucky today, and made up for some generally poor pulls. I brought a Flygon EX box and a Groudon EX tin from different stores (the latter had a sale on the tins, so bonus!) and opened the packs. I got nothing but RHs from the Flygon EX box packs, and it was gearing up to be the same with the tin. I opened one of the Primal Clash boosters from the tin and pulled a full art Groudon EX!

Aside from that, I had some epic luck with a Primal Clash Elite Trainer Box around a month ago - I pulled a full art Mega Aggron EX, and normal Gardevoir EX AND Primal Kyogre EX from the same box. Couldn't believe my luck there.

Hemos the PC ETB pull rates are 2 EX and 1 FA usualy (at least for me)
im very lucky every time i get packs i get at the least 2 EX/FA (unless i get one pack then i get one or nothing)
Luckiest thing ever was this
32 packs of Plasma Freeze
12 EX
7 FA
3 SR
9 holos
12 reverse holo rares

best box ever lol ;) I've never gotten better pulls and not that many good in a box (worth the $150)

Hemos the PC ETB pull rates are 2 EX and 1 FA usualy (at least for me)
im very lucky every time i get packs i get at the least 2 EX/FA (unless i get one pack then i get one or nothing)
Luckiest thing ever was this
32 packs of Plasma Freeze
12 EX
7 FA
3 SR
9 holos
12 reverse holo rares

best box ever lol ;) I've never gotten better pulls and not that many good in a box (worth the $150)

Gonna call total BS on this right here. Lets do the math: apparently you got 31 holos out of 32 packs. Holos are 1 in every 3 packs, so that chance of you getting 31 out of 32 would be 0.33 ^31 x 0.66. This works out to 7.82 x 10^-16. For those not versed in scientific notation, it's 0.000000000000000782% chance of happening. Stuff like this where people lie about their pulls kinda ruins the point of the thread.

Gonna call total BS on this right here. Lets do the math: apparently you got 31 holos out of 32 packs. Holos are 1 in every 3 packs, so that chance of you getting 31 out of 32 would be 0.33 ^31 x 0.66. This works out to 7.82 x 10^-16. For those not versed in scientific notation, it's 0.000000000000000782% chance of happening. Stuff like this where people lie about their pulls kinda ruins the point of the thread.

Gotta agree there, that does sound a bit fishy. I'm not the type of person to buy whole booster boxes, but even then when I have done I'm lucky if I pull two or maybe three EX cards, or even the one full art card. I just got really lucky with that trainer box, I brought two Roaring Skies ETBs this month and the only card worth mentioning was a full art Winona.

I agree. Not even Legendary Treasures would have pulls like that. Maybe 12 TOTAL EX's, but not 31 holos out of 32 packs.

Roaring Skies fat pack = Thundurus EX, M. Gallade EX, and 109/108 Energy Switch. The rest were bulk/casual stuff.

Bought a Roaring Skies booster box after years of not purchasing one and got:

Shaymin EX FA
Hydreigon EX FA
M Rayquaza EX Colorless
Gallade EX
Latios EX

Random cute little cards like 2 AT Dragonite, Jirachi, Deoxys, 2 AT Togekiss, Beautifly and Salamence. Got many Mega Turbos, which I have a ton already and my friends really need them, go figures.

Back