Returning Player Help with X/Y Format

DKQuagmire

Who else but Quagsire?
As this title suggests, I am a returning player, who did pretty well in the B/W format. Sure I never won any tournaments, but I had all the necessary cards needed to build the decks I wanted. Most notably The Darkrai EX/ Junk Hunt Sableye deck with hammers, Virbank and Lasers.

But up until about a year ago, about the time the X/Y base set came out however, I lost all interest, until I heard that they where bringing back the ability of one of my favourite pokemon Uxie, in the form of Shaymin EX.

So i've just spent loads of money on a Rayquaza collectors box, and a Roaring Skies Booster Box in the hope of getting a Shaymin EX... But no such luck i'm afraid. I did however get a single copy of Rayquaza (Colourless) and the Mega Rayquaza (Colourless)
I have absolutely no other X/Y cards, apart from the few I got at the X/Y base set Pre-release.
I want to build a deck, thats compatible with the format, while being competitive at the same time.
With a rotation looming around the corner at WORLDS 2015 however, this could makes things even worse for me.

Is it possible to make a deck using only a booster box of Roaring Skies, and what ever B/W cards might survive rotation, until I get more money for other X/Y booster boxes.

Sure it is. The M Rayquaza / Shaymin deck is pretty powerful and hyped. There's also the Dragon M Rayquaza paired with the Reshiram and Mega Turbo. And a few people have playing around with the idea of M Latios and M Gallade as well. All of these cards are from the new Roaring Skies expansion. You'll still have to invest in some staples outside of Roaring Skies of course, but they overall shouldn't be too expensive.

Back