7th Gen Ideas!

MegaGoodra

Aspiring Trainer
Here is a compiled list of ideas me & other Pokebeach members would like to see bee added in the next pokemon game (Main Series).

1. More mega evolutions.
2. Underground (just like in D / P / P)
3. More unique types such as Steel/Poison, Grass/Dragon, Bug/Dragon, Dark/Bug, Ice/Bug, Psychic/Bug, Ghost/Fighting, and Electric/Fighting.
4. More unique abilities like we saw in Gen 6.
5. A game where you go to every region. You can buy new regions as DLC with new pokemon every year or so. This would probably be the last Pokemon Game if it was like this.
6. Dragon type Eeveelution.
7. Specific Wonder Trade. Shiny for Shiny/ Starter for Starter/ Legendary for Legendary/ etc.
8. Virtual Fighting Mode- Like a Battle Maison, but you fight the Pokemon like Pokken. (You would need to connect to Wii-U do to 3ds support.)
9. New type like Shiny but 2x harder than Shiny. Preferably Shadow.
10. Monthly Events. TO keep the game "more alive" you should be able to get a Mystery Gift every month. Also no more Japan/US/Europe only events.
11. New exp system. Make it harder!
12. Ingame Nuzlocke- After you beat the game you can enter a Nuzlocke where you can do a Nuzlocke without deleting your saved data.

If you would like an idea posted above please comment your idea!

Attachments

• upload_2015-5-24_13-18-7.jpeg
    upload_2015-5-24_13-18-7.jpeg
    14.4 KB · Views: 16
Here is a compiled list of ideas me & other Pokebeach members would like to see bee added in the next pokemon game (Main Series).

1. More mega evolutions.
3. More unique types such as Steel/Poison, Grass/Dragon, Bug/Dragon, Dark/Bug, Ice/Bug, Psychic/Bug, Ghost/Fighting, and Electric/Fighting.
5. A game where you go to every region. You can buy new regions as DLC with new pokemon every year or so. This would probably be the last Pokemon Game if it was like this.
7. Specific Wonder Trade. Shiny for Shiny/ Starter for Starter/ Legendary for Legendary/ etc.
8. Virtual Fighting Mode- Like a Battle Maison, but you fight the Pokemon like Pokken. (You would need to connect to Wii-U do to 3ds support.)
10. Monthly Events. TO keep the game "more alive" you should be able to get a Mystery Gift every month. Also no more Japan/US/Europe only events.
12. Ingame Nuzlocke- After you beat the game you can enter a Nuzlocke where you can do a Nuzlocke without deleting your saved data.

1. this is pretty much given.. for any game, doesn't matter if next gen or not
2. I'd replace this with some less specific term (non-battle multiplayer fun or something, whether its secret bases, underground, improved dreamworld, or soemthing completely new..)
3. "type combinations" you mean. Well they're always slowly expanding into the less used combinations whenever there is new pokemon so it's not like they would now start to avoid just naturally adding what combinations fit the pokemon if they happen to be new combinations. (also, Mega Sceptile is Grass/Dragon)
4. given.
5. this would be terrible, because it would mean quantity over quality. Also not feasible for current format, maybe a few handhelds into the future when games are more dynamically structured and can get updates etc... but not while we're still in the 1game-1price/cartridge-era.
6. DONT LET ME START UGH
7. that's a good idea. different categories of wonder-trade, although there'd still be stuff that's the "cheapest" to put into each category that you would notice after a while.
8. whoa slow downnn.. what do you mean?
9. Nah.. shinies are rare enough.. what Id prefer is lots natural color variations (like Flabebes flower), so there'd be for example Shinx with different shades of blue etc.
10. Sure, wynaut
11. What do you mean? The pace of gaining EXP itself? So back to BW-system or what..
12. I'd prefer Challenge mode becoming a standard thing over this any day.

Last edited:
I agree with Mitja to be honest; we're going to get new Mega Evolutions for a long time coming, even if the number does decrease, they'll still be there for sure. For a new "Underground", I would personally agree (I loved the Underground to bits, it was one of the most fun parts of DPPt), but I'd rather see something completely new. For every generation since Gen IV, there's been some sort of multiplayer non-battle gimmick, be it the Underground, Contests, Pokémon Musical, the Dream World, Secret Bases in ORAS, the PSS, etc... It's to be expected that there'll be something new!

New Type Combinations too will indeed happen. Mega Sceptile is already Grass/Dragon, as Mitja said, and I'm sure there will be Pokémon of the other Type Combinations. More Unique Abilities I can see happening, too. There were a good deal of interesting and unique ones in Gen VI, and there's sure to be more. I hope we get a lot of them!

A game with every region... no. Unless it's a few handhelds in the future (or on a console, which I highly doubt), it's not going to happen. That's not really the way they're doing it at the moment, either. A Dragon-type Eeveelution is a big no too; have you thought about how possible it would be to design that while making it look like both a Dragon and an Eeveelution? :p

Specific Wonder Trade and Monthly Events sound like amazing ideas - I'd welcome both with open arms! Virtual Fighting Mode would require people to buy a console they don't have and would be a terrible idea, and there's absolutely no reason for there to be a "new" type of shiny; they're rare enough!

For the last two, you'd want the BW system of EXP back? For the final one I'd much rather see Challenge Mode brought back, it's a lot more interesting to me.

All in all, some good ideas, but some I don't think I'd ever want to see in a Pokémon Game, sadly.

New mega evolutions, type combinations and abilities are the one thing we can rest assured gamefreak will include on new generations, since... well, that's what "making a new generation of pokemon" means.

But you can be certain that the day gamefreak releases a game where you can visit every region will be the day they decide to stop making money, so that won't ever happen; goodness, they're still going strong with the outdated and clearly exploitative "two similar games but with small differences" gimmick, almost twenty years after that was a novel idea.
And yes, this also applies to the fabled pokemon MMO. I'm deeply sorry, but it's just not going to happen.

Why? why do people keep bringing up a dragon eeveelution? it was almost endearing when they started, but I'm getting just a little bit tired of it, to be honest.

As for the Pokken-inside-the RPG... No, I can't even mock that idea, poor thing. And new shinies? pray tell, how would having a new shiny-like recolour for almost 700 pokemon be worth the trouble? Gamefreak had to model and skin all of them for XY, and that was only worth it because the leap to functional 3D was such a huge milestone for the franchise, and long overdue.

A gamefreak-approved nuzlocke will never happen; the strongest criticism against the pokemon franchise lies on its cockfighting-like themes, so if you officially allow pokemon to be dead after battling you'd only be confirming the criticisms, and losing the child-friendly, consequence-free intent gamefreak has been trying to give pokemon battles since they started.

1. More mega evolutions.

More Megas, as said, is unfortunately a certain thing.
I prefer (Super) Secret Bases to the Underground. Sinnoh was ugly with all those vents and it seemed like Team Galactic could destroy the region by blowing up the Underground.
Yes for the more unique types and may it not be through Megas!
Dragon-type Eeevee? Why not? I already have my Grass-type Eevee, so finish the typed Eevee, whatever comes next.
I can't speak about Wonder Trades and the Battle Maison.
New type...I honestly don't want it, just more colour and regional differences like Vivillion but for all Pokémon except some Legendaries and Ditto.
Pokémon with DLC? No please. Either make a big game or don't put DLC.
I'd welcome a harder game. I loved the threat Cheren posed at the begining of B2W2 but that only lasts a bit and the enemy AI is sometimes dumb.
Instead of a Nuzlocke, I'd welcome more than one save file - if not in the same game, then the option to store it in Pokémon Bank. Most of the times I want to replay the game but it's simply impossible without deleting the previous file.

1. More mega evolutions.

1. There will always be more megas.
2. All for it.
3. Again, all for it.
4. A given, most likely
5. No. No no no no no no no.
6. I guess.
7. Seems like a good idea, but after the insane amount of luck I get wonder trading [Shiny Illumise, Eevee, and Nincada, all within 3 days, also gotten several Phiones and a Manaphy] I'd rather it wasn't implemented :p
8. I don't think that would work, but it's something I've thought about.
9. Shinies are hard enough to find, don't need an even rarer version of them.
10. I'm down with this.
11. Wynaut? In both gen 5 and 6 [And Pearl, but that's from countless tries at Cynthia with my Torterra, until she grew to level 60 and could live a hit from that Garchomp] I've been able to get through the league very easily [First Try in Y] because my Serperior or Gerdevoir was level 80 or so. So I'd like more of a challenge.
12. Better off left as a self-imposed rule.

1) I agree with everyone else here. Mega Evolutions will be in the future. It will be in our gen 6 sequel, it will be in gen 7 and it will likely become an integral part of the Pokémon game for the rest of its existence whether anyone likes it or not.
2) An Underground return wouldn't be too bad. Might be kind of neat.
3) Hopefully we'll see some unique type combos created. Oh, for the record Mega Sceptile might be grass/dragon, but I think the point here is referring to a Pokémon that will always be grass/dragon and not just as a result of temporary mega evolution.
4) Unique traits are also a given here. I mean, the legendaries alone tend to get never before seen traits if nothing else.
5) A game where you get to go to every region would be neat, at least in theory. Realistically as long as Pokémon is done in cartridge form it just wouldn't happen. The only chance of this one would be to be on a console system and that just isn't too likely.
6) I agree with a dragon type Eeveelution. I was surprised this didn't happen when Sylveon was released. It would have made sense. Glacoen/Leafeon shared a pretty similar dynamic and Espeon/Umbreon are basically the same dynamic as Sylveon and dragon would have been.
7) I've never done a wonder trade, no comment.
8) This sounds like another game...not Pokken tournament (of which those outside of Japan will likely never get) but another one...what was it...oh yes like Pokémon Battle Revolution or the two Pokémon Colosseum games only with better graphics. As for being placed on main series games, even the best graphics on a hand held will never compare to graphics on a console.
9) Shinies are annoying enough to find without making something even harder, and aesthetics aside there is no point to it anyway, pass on another variant.
10) Some kind of mystery gift thing might be a good idea, or at least make it that some unique Pokémon is given out every month would be a good idea. And yes, let's not keep half of these localized to one locale.
11) I'm mixed on making XP system harder. I see both sides of why this would be good and why it would be bad. What does this mean anyway, that you don't get as many XP points for winning battles? That Pokémon don't learn as many or as powerful moves? This sounds kind of vague on its own.
12) In game Nuzlocke would be pointless. Those who want to do it have done so without Nintendo input and those that don't do it don't do it. Also would make this hard considering the fact that you can only have one save file on a cartridge.

1) I would like all new Pokemon, similar to B&W, with older ones and new mega evolutions available post-game.
2) I would like the return of mini-games using your own pokemon
3) I would like to (finally) see 3-stage evolution lines that are pure poison, pure dark, pure ground, pure bug, and maybe even pure flying (though I could understand that one being left out).
4) Agree - many more abilities please
5) I would like an all new region, and version differences - maybe you start in different places or have a choice in the route order you take. Also, a starting town from which you walk south would be new...don't know why they stay so static in things.
6) I would like to see them accept that they made a mistake and make a leaf stone evolve Eevee into Leafeon...I am sure that won't happen.
7) I would rather just see them only let you wonder trade 1 Zigzagoon ever. That would please me.
8) I agree that Pokken would be too complicated (probably), but some other way of battling could be cool...like Rumble Blast or something.
9) I don't care about shiny Pokemon, so can't add anything here.
10) I'd like more events, but I don't know if they would have to be monthly...maybe regular challenges or more migratory Pokemon to catch.
11) I don't dislike the new experience system, but I think the game itself should be MUCH harder (or much less easy, rather)
12) The Nuzlocke challenge is still too easy. I want gym leaders with 6 high-level Pokemon and items attached - well, I should say, a mode option (the BW2 hard mode was not challenging)
***I would love a remake of X/Y or any other ones done in Nobunaga's Ambition/Conquest style. LOVE***

I actually have way more ideas for potential Red/Green remakes than for Generation VII ideas, but make no mistake, I got a few ideas.

*Albino Pokémon. They'd be just as rare as Shinies (and obviously more noticeable in certain Pokémon than in others).

*Some Pokémon would acquire certain design differences to indicate that they have 5-6 perfect IVs. For example, an Amoonguss with 5-6 perfect IVs would have its cap and shields designed after the Ultra Ball instead of the Poké Ball.

*The PCs in Pokémon Centers would include move deletion services, effectively replacing the NPC. They would even delete moves for you from Pokémon you have in storage. To try and make up for this, the move deleter would start working with the move reminder, allowing you to use him to reteach moves even over HM techniques.

*The Pokédex would be located on the bottom screen, allowing you to view dex entries and the like even while moving around in the overworld. Dexnav and similar features would return as features of the Pokédex. The Pokédex would also give a good idea as to each Pokémon's base stats and movepool, and would even be accessible in battle.

*Phione would finally be readily available in-game. Also, like Deoxys before it, Manaphy and Darkrai would lose their event-exclusive status and become obtainable in-game.

*Eggs would be fair game for Wonder Trade. Another option for Wonder Trade would exist that would guarantee that any Egg you put up would only be exchanged for another Egg. They can also go through normal Wonder Trade.

*Certain Pokémon would gain alternatives to their existing evolution methods (for example, Eevee could use a Sun Stone to evolve into Espeon, and a Moon Stone to become Umbreon, as opposed to the usual method).

*The region's PC storage system administrator would also be an inventor, and would invent, among other things, a time machine (allowing you to travel to the past and catch prehistoric Pokémon) and a trade simulator (allowing you to evolve Pokémon that would normally require trades to evolve without actually being traded, albeit for a price- an in-game price, not some Candy Crush crap).

*A new kind of water, polluted water, would be a thing in the overworld. Only Poison-types can be used to Surf on it. In battles taking place on polluted water, 2 layers of Toxic Spikes would be perpetually in effect, Camouflage would turn the user into a Poison/Water-type, Nature Power would become Sludge Wave, and Secret Power would have the animation of Sludge Wave and a chance to badly poison.

*There would be a new key item, inspired by the GB Sounds, called the Music Player. Using it would allow you to choose a region between Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Orre, Sinnoh, Unova, Kalos, or the Generation VII region, and would replace all music in the overworld and in battle with corresponding music from the chosen region, remixed to Generation VII's standards.

*An in-game location would allow you to trade in one Key Stone-holding accessory for another. One of them would be to implant the Key Stone in the back of the player's hat, resulting in the Mega Evolution cutscene involving the player turning their hat backwards, revealing the Key Stone, and touching the Key Stone to initiate Mega Evolution.

*The drink machines would stock MooMoo Milks and Berry Juices. There would also be additional snack machines, stocking the likes of the Old Gateau, the Rage Candy Bar, the Lumiose Galette, the Shalour Sable, and the Lava Cookie.

*There would be more flexibility in the order in which you can challenge Gyms, and the Gym Leaders would have varying teams based on how many badges you have when you challenge them.

*Upon receiving the Master Ball, the player would be instructed to save it for dire emergencies. The appearance of a Shiny Graveler would be directly cited as such an emergency.

*It would be possible to throw a Poké Ball at something in a horde without having to KO everything else beforehand. Because I have actually seen YouTube videos of people finding multiple Shinies in a single horde.

*After beating the game, the professor would give you the starter that neither you nor your rival chose if you don't have it already owned in your Pokédex, as his way of helping you to complete the Pokédex.

*There would be a traveling Poké Ball salesman who would show up in a different town/city each day and sell a variety of Poké Balls, including the Apricorn Poké Balls. He gives you a Master Ball on your birthday, and would take into account the 3DS's date, time, and birthday settings from when the game was first started to prevent cheating.

*Illuminate would gain an in-battle effect- when the Pokémon enters battle, all opponents within range lose their immunities to Normal and Fighting, and their evasiveness is reset, just as if they had been hit by Foresight.

There's no practical reason for Albino Pokémon. There's no practical reason for Shiny Pokémon. We don't need either of them though the latter is beyond our control.

Minor difference based on one or more perfect IV"s might be interesting, the problem here is making up to six different distinctions for all 700+ Pokémon. Not all of them would be as obvious as a Foongus/Amoongus are and there wouldn't be a reason to limit this to just only if they have 5-6 perfect iv's.

The delete/tutor idea for Pokémon Center PC's are a good idea but how does that work exactly? The tutor wants something to do it for you, how will that work in the PC option, or do we now get free tutoring for our Pokémon?

I personally would like all Pokémon to be available in game myself, not just Phione and event exclusives. Sadly this is not likely ever going to happen.

I really don't see a need for a time machine to catch, I think 9 Pokémon, when you can find fossils (underground) and revive them. Some in game evolution trader could be nice, maybe for a Heart Scale to replace the lack of move tutor with such desire.

Why just polluted water? Land can be polluted too. Still do we need two layers of Toxic Spikes in constant effect? Why not have Castform (gloomy, lolz) gain a typing because of it as well and Weatherball becomes Sludge Wave, maybe a move that could be called Acid Terrain to set up those conditions anywhere. Let's also set up a Sandy Castform who transforms with Sandstorm.

How about we just have a grocery store that sells all the kinds of goods like Moo Moo Milk and Ragecandybars and the like?

I think flexible gym leader challenges are actually a good idea and then the gym leader levels have some level of change accordingly based on number of badges.

I recall some warning each time that goes with the Master Ball already.

I never understood why hoard encounters were limited like that in the first place honestly, I like this idea. I have never encountered a shiny Pokémon in a hoard though.

The professor giving the other starter is a neat idea. Personally I think we should have the pattern of yellow though were you get chances for all the starters of that game, perhaps even a chance for all of the period. Like to remind you though that Juniper is a woman, it should be "as there way of helping you complete the Pokedex." There is no reason to assume we won't have another female professor after all. There could also be a situation in which there is no starter left over, as what happened with XY. You took one, Shauna took one and your rival took one.

The traveling Pokeball seller is a good idea. Maybe even be able to get Master balls from him, but no more than once a week and it has to be paid with something like a big Pearl or a rare bone or something.

I'd love more unique type combinations but I want to see them outside of temporary forms and in permanent Pokemon too. More to the point, I want to see cross-generational evolutions return. The question of whether NFE Pokemon with megas will ever get an actual evolution is something they could do but time will tell if we'll ever get regular evolution outside of a generation. Eevee being the exception because one day there needs to be an Eevee for every type.

There's no practical reason for Albino Pokémon. There's no practical reason for Shiny Pokémon. We don't need either of them though the latter is beyond our control.
True, I guess. I just remember them being a thing in early X/Y due to a glitch, and my first thought was that that was kinda cool.

Minor difference based on one or more perfect IV"s might be interesting, the problem here is making up to six different distinctions for all 700+ Pokémon. Not all of them would be as obvious as a Foongus/Amoongus are and there wouldn't be a reason to limit this to just only if they have 5-6 perfect iv's.
Yeah, I guess so.

The delete/tutor idea for Pokémon Center PC's are a good idea but how does that work exactly? The tutor wants something to do it for you, how will that work in the PC option, or do we now get free tutoring for our Pokémon?
I think you misunderstand- just the move deletion option will be a part of the PC. The move deleter NPC, due to more or less being out of a job due to this, would team up with the move reminder, since move relearning won't be a PC function, which would allow the move relearner to overwrite HM moves while reteaching moves. That process would still cost a Heart Scale (unless they switch to some other form of currency, like how FR/LG took Tiny/Big Mushrooms).

I personally would like all Pokémon to be available in game myself, not just Phione and event exclusives. Sadly this is not likely ever going to happen.
Oh, I know. Still, though, I think they're starting to realize that they're making way too many event-exclusive Pokémon, which would explain why Deoxys lost its event exclusivity- I think they're gonna be gradually doing this sort of thing to other event-exclusive legendaries (and Phione) as they introduce more event-exclusive legendaries.

I really don't see a need for a time machine to catch, I think 9 Pokémon, when you can find fossils (underground) and revive them. Some in game evolution trader could be nice, maybe for a Heart Scale to replace the lack of move tutor with such desire.
I guess there's not that much of a need for it, I just always thought it'd be a cool feature.

Why just polluted water? Land can be polluted too. Still do we need two layers of Toxic Spikes in constant effect? Why not have Castform (gloomy, lolz) gain a typing because of it as well and Weatherball becomes Sludge Wave, maybe a move that could be called Acid Terrain to set up those conditions anywhere. Let's also set up a Sandy Castform who transforms with Sandstorm.

I like how you're thinking there. I agree completely, polluted land could be a thing as well. And the two layers of Toxic Spikes, well, I still think that would make sense, since anything that would set food in that water would most likely end up poisoned. I do like your idea for it being a new terrain move, though!

How about we just have a grocery store that sells all the kinds of goods like Moo Moo Milk and Ragecandybars and the like?
That's even better, I like that.

I think flexible gym leader challenges are actually a good idea and then the gym leader levels have some level of change accordingly based on number of badges.
They already hinted at it being a thing in Origins when Brock chose his Pokémon based on Red's answer about how many badges he had, so why not, right?

I recall some warning each time that goes with the Master Ball already.
No, not really. The most we ever got was Cyrus/Professor Juniper explaining that the ball would never fail, but they never really advised the player to save the ball for an emergency.

I never understood why hoard encounters were limited like that in the first place honestly, I like this idea. I have never encountered a shiny Pokémon in a hoard though.
I've encountered and caught numerous Shinies in hordes, including two Geodude (separate hordes, thank Arceus) and a Graveler. In all those cases, I had to use Beheeyem's Skill Swap to give Telepathy to the Shiny so it wasn't KO'd by its allies' Magnitude. And I agree completely, it's a stupid limitation, especially considering it didn't exist in Colosseum or XD.

The professor giving the other starter is a neat idea. Personally I think we should have the pattern of yellow though were you get chances for all the starters of that game, perhaps even a chance for all of the period. Like to remind you though that Juniper is a woman, it should be "as there way of helping you complete the Pokedex." There is no reason to assume we won't have another female professor after all. There could also be a situation in which there is no starter left over, as what happened with XY. You took one, Shauna took one and your rival took one.
Right, right, my bad, worded that kinda badly. Also, true, it could very easily end up like in X/Y. I'm just saying that if it doesn't, no reason the last starter should go to waste.

The traveling Pokeball seller is a good idea. Maybe even be able to get Master balls from him, but no more than once a week and it has to be paid with something like a big Pearl or a rare bone or something.
Might be a bit too frequent IMO, but the idea of having to sacrifice a valuable item like that for one, you might be onto something there. Maybe they could even pull the whole Royal Gorgeous Ribbon thing with it, make it for sale but have it cost the absolute maximum amount of money the player can carry.

I'd love more unique type combinations but I want to see them outside of temporary forms and in permanent Pokemon too. More to the point, I want to see cross-generational evolutions return. The question of whether NFE Pokemon with megas will ever get an actual evolution is something they could do but time will tell if we'll ever get regular evolution outside of a generation. Eevee being the exception because one day there needs to be an Eevee for every type.
Yes. Definitely. We need more cross-generational evolutions, because there are some Pokémon that Mega Evolutions just will not save (outside of the possibility of obscenely broken Abilities, anyway), like Luvdisc. Also, I actually have some ideas for new evolutions for old Pokémon...

*A Water/Flying Luvdisc evolution based on the arrows Cupid shoots to make people fall in love. It'd have high Attack and Speed, and would learn moves like Aqua Tail, Drill Peck, and Drill Run.

*An Ice/Flying Cryogonal evolution (w/Snow Warning) based on a snow cloud. It'd have higher Attack, Special Attack and Speed, and more balanced defenses, and would learn moves like Blizzard, Air Slash, Attack Order, Defend Order, and Heal Order. I was thinking Hurricane as well, but it wouldn't work so well with Snow Warning.

*An Ice/Fire Vanillish split evolution based on a hot fudge sundae. It'd have Vanilluxe's base stats, but with Special Attack and Speed switched, and would learn moves like Nasty Plot, Dark Pulse, and its signature move called Fudge Burn- a Fire move as powerful as Flamethrower but with the same burn chance as Lava Plume, and would also reduce the target's evasiveness by one stage.

*A Poison-type Eeveelution.

Last edited:
Regarding the move tutor/delete guys, you're right I misunderstood that one. Makes a bit more sense now actually.

I just think two layers of Toxic Spike is overkill. I mean there is a difference in damage between regular poison as an effect of Sludge Bomb and the extra poison level as the effect that goes with Toxic. On top of that, how does that kind of poison effect the Pokémon (bar poison and steel which would be immune anyway) and not to a thing to the trainer? It's not like Sandstorm chips off that much health after all.

Perhaps once a week is a bit much. Maybe one every two weeks or one a month. I mean if you really want a legendary you're not going to wait for the master ball. And shinies are so unpredictable it doesn't really matter much.

I think we should avoid any cross generation evolutions that include flying types. Flying is one of the highest used types and one of the poorer ones to include. The idea for Vanillish is good. Instead of Vanilluxe it could be Vanilfudge or something like that. I know a lot of people disagree here but I think we should have an Eeveelution for each type, now that these days any typing has at least one thing its special moves section.

I just think two layers of Toxic Spike is overkill. I mean there is a difference in damage between regular poison as an effect of Sludge Bomb and the extra poison level as the effect that goes with Toxic. On top of that, how does that kind of poison effect the Pokémon (bar poison and steel which would be immune anyway) and not to a thing to the trainer? It's not like Sandstorm chips off that much health after all.
I guess that's true. One layer would probably be sufficient.

Perhaps once a week is a bit much. Maybe one every two weeks or one a month. I mean if you really want a legendary you're not going to wait for the master ball. And shinies are so unpredictable it doesn't really matter much.
I'm inclined to agree with that.

I think we should avoid any cross generation evolutions that include flying types. Flying is one of the highest used types and one of the poorer ones to include. The idea for Vanillish is good. Instead of Vanilluxe it could be Vanilfudge or something like that. I know a lot of people disagree here but I think we should have an Eeveelution for each type, now that these days any typing has at least one thing its special moves section.
I'll admit the Ice/Flying Cryogonal evolution might be a bit much, though I still like the idea for the Luvdisc evolution, I think it's just what Luvdisc needs. You're not wrong, though- we don't need a lot more Flying-types. And I actually came up with names for them already- Cupidisc (the Luvdisc evolution), Flurrious (the Cryogonal evolution), Vanilludge (the Vanillish split evolution), and Sludgeon (the Poison Eeveelution).

Okay, Cupidisc might be interesting. My only possible counter would be to let it keep the name and the wings so it learns flying moves but to let it be a water/fairy type. Yes I know we have that in Marill/Azumarril but do we have to go into how many water/flying types there are?

Flurrious could work just fine without getting dual type flying I think.

In some ways I think Vanillfudge would be better, as Vanilludge sounds like a ice/poison type...not that that could be bad since we don't have ice/poison either. Too bad Eeveelutions aside no Pokémon has split evolved beyond two.

Somehow Sludgeon just seems a bit off. Toxeon maybe? Or Acideon? Gunkeon? Veneon? :rolleyes: I think I know why they never made a poison eeveelution before lolz.

Okay, Cupidisc might be interesting. My only possible counter would be to let it keep the name and the wings so it learns flying moves but to let it be a water/fairy type. Yes I know we have that in Marill/Azumarril but do we have to go into how many water/flying types there are?
That's not a bad idea. And yeah, the Water/Flying-types we already got kinda outnumber Marill and Azumarill. One of which I don't even know why it's a Flying-type in the first place.

Flurrious could work just fine without getting dual type flying I think.
Fair enough, I just went for that so it'd have Snow Warning. It's based on a snow cloud, so it seemed fitting.

In some ways I think Vanillfudge would be better, as Vanilludge sounds like a ice/poison type...not that that could be bad since we don't have ice/poison either. Too bad Eeveelutions aside no Pokémon has split evolved beyond two.
That has occurred to me, but Vanillfudge doesn't sound right somehow, I can't really place it... Agreed completely about Ice/Poison, though- I actually came up with a fakemon with that type combination based off of a cold germ.

Somehow Sludgeon just seems a bit off. Toxeon maybe? Or Acideon? Gunkeon? Veneon? :rolleyes: I think I know why they never made a poison eeveelution before lolz.
Heh, yeah. Not a lot of good options for a name, is there? I still like Sludgeon, though. Even if it does seem a bit off, it still sounds better to me than Toxeon or Veneon.

I think some Abilities can do with some retooling in Gen 7, imo.

-Magician
The user can play tricks with the foe by removing the item and/or swapping it with its' own item very often.
-Pickup
It should be able to allow the user to recover is' held item that got knocked off with the ever so common Knock Off these days.
-Mega Launcher
The ability could be upgraded a notch to make Ball, Bomb, Blast and Beam moves stronger to allow Clawitzer and Mega Blastoise better coverage.
-Shell Armour
The Pokemon nerfs moves that make direct physical contact. (Thunder Punch, Power Whip, Close Combat, etc.)
-Pure Power
Also increases Sp. Atk in addition to physical Attack.
-Huge Power
Outside of battle, the Pokemon can move heavy boulders twice as hard. ( 2 steps as opposed to 1)

I also think Ice Type Pokemon should gain increased Sp. Def in Hail, as well as being able to resist Water, Grass and Flying Type moves.

Here's everything I honestly want.

Alligator snapping turtle
Spinosaur
Parasaur
Ankylosaur
Tylosaur
Pseudo Legendary that's small or 2 stage line
Pokemon with day and night forms
Flying, Bug, Dragon, Fighting, and Ghost Eeveelutions

A Huge/Pure Power SpAtk or Def variant
More type absorbers
More overworld type attraction abilities
Illuminate battle effects
An ability that lets Psychic hit Dark
An ability that lets Dragon hit Fairy
A gamble ability that can randomly have one of many effects

The only new type I'd like to see would be one for sound
However, I'd like to see some type combos like Poison/Fairy
Dragon/Dark
Electric/Dark
Fairy/Dark
Really anything/Dark that hasnt been done
Bug/Dragon

Just bring the gym music thing from B2W2 back, but also include it for the battles.
Also, I wanna hear remixes of old game songs too

As for what kinds of Pokémon I'd love to see for Gen 7, here's my list.

New kinds of Pokémon I'd love to see:
-Minotaur
-Dolphin
-Mountain Deer
-Great White Shark
-Labrador Retriever
-Vampire
-Gnome
-Dwarf
-Badger
-Hedgehog

Desired New Type Combos:
-Electric/Dark (Mega Luxray, or a Pokémon based off a thundercloud)
-Electric/Fighting (Mega Electivire or a Pokémon based off Frankenstein's Monster.)
-Ice/Poison (A fourth Legendary able to stand up to the Kalos Region's Legendary Trio)
-Ice/Fire (A monster that shares a body of ice and fire.)
-Grass/Fire (Another pumpkin Pokémon or a monstrous spicy food.)
-Bug/Psychic
-Bug/Ice
-Dark/Bug (Preferably based off a Changeling.)
-Dragon/Bug (A larval draconic beast.)
-Poison/Fire (A body fever Pokémon. Could draw influence from Thrax, the main villain of Osmosis Jones, the Ebola Virus, and Heat Stroke put together in a blender.)
-Electric/Ice

Gym Leader Ideas:
-The ever so needed Dark Type Leader. He/she could be a mature ex-gang member whose Pokémon know how to fight dirty.
-Another Ground Type Gym Leader, preferably a female whose personality can draw inspiration from earth-based users like Toph or Gaara.

Elite Four Ideas:
-Fairy, Grass, Electric and Flying. A forces of nature-themed League if you ask me.

Back