[Ideas] We Might See a Pokemon Main Game Very Soon

V-Master

Victory's Master
Hi, peeps!

Alright, I'm not entirely sure the OP was entirely serious when posting this thread, but I am. Nothing so far has hinted that Pokémon will be at E3 at all. Also, I think CoroCoro would be the major think to anticipate at this time. If there is a new main series game coming, CoroCoro will be one of the first sources to have news. Now, I'm very aware that a lot of people think Gen 7 is next. When has there ever been a Gen with two sets of main series games that are not remakes? Sure, Gen 5 only had two sets of games, but it also did not have any remakes. So in my opinion, thinking that the next games will be part of a new Gen is complete rubbish. I am also aware that a lot more people think that we will get Gen 1 remakes again. Yeah yeah sure, the 20th Anniversary is coming up soon, but is that really all that special? I'm not saying another set of Gen 1 remakes wouldn't be great, just that they would be unnecessary. FRLG may have come out on the 10th anniversary, but the fact that other games were remade proved that that was nothing really special fo Gen 1. I also think that a remake of Yellow would be unnecessary as well. All third versions are just expansions on the original two games of the Gen. While yellow was probably the most expansive on the originals, it is still just too similar to really need a remake. If we get any main series game this year, I think it will be a solitary third version expanding on X/Y. While I don't anticipate there being two sequels, it is still a possibility, but since GameFreak has confirmed that there were two sequel games to Black/White was because they wanted add features that only worked with two versions, I don't see it happening. So to summarize, I do not think the next games or game will be Gen 7, remakes, or anything else other than sequels to X/Y.
lol your funny apparently you arn't up to date Nintendo said this over a month ago i just saw it a while ago plus.... lol we can guarantee sequels will happen with the two hidden moves Thousand arrows and Thousand waves, most likely to happen are XZ and YZ or X2 and X2 NOT Z and still may get something like Delta Emerald, also i bet Gamefreak is saving the Remakes for Gen 1 in 5 years for something like "Shocking Yellow" for Pikachu because its dex number is 25 and in 5 years it will be Pokemon's 25th anniversary.

The Shining Mew

A Mew that shines
Okay, first of all, saying that you saw something with no source is not going to convince anyone. And second, just automatically assuming something will happen because it was hinted at may not get you far either. I never said that we would get a Pokémon Z for sure, I just said it seemed the more sensible option in my opinion. Also, what if Zygarde has two formes that are not version exclusive? Anyway, this is not meant to hate, I am just sharing my personal beliefs. Who knows, you may be entirely right. But don't forget the possibility that you could be wrong also. Again, not meant to bash or hate.

The Shining Mew

A Mew that shines
Well, I can take your word for it, although I have a Nintendo 3DS and have seen nothing of this announcement. If you manage to find the announcement online, please leave a link.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I checked the 3DS eShop and I checked Nintendo and Pokemon's official Youtube, Facebook, and Twitter pages. Nothing. Not that I needed to because if there was some kind of video on the eShop hinting towards a new game, Nintendo would've posted it on one of the other sources I mentioned. eShop videos are meant to promote products, they put videos up there to convince you to buy the games. And the thing about advertisement is that if you want to promote a product, you have to get it out there as much as possible because the more places you can find an advertisement, the more people are aware of the product. So yeah, you're lying. If what you're saying was true we'd already know about it.

Okay, first of all, saying that you saw something with no source is not going to convince anyone. And second, just automatically assuming something will happen because it was hinted at may not get you far either. I never said that we would get a Pokémon Z for sure, I just said it seemed the more sensible option in my opinion. Also, what if Zygarde has two formes that are not version exclusive? Anyway, this is not meant to hate, I am just sharing my personal beliefs. Who knows, you may be entirely right. But don't forget the possibility that you could be wrong also. Again, not meant to bash or hate.

Putting both forms in one game would be a waste of potential for them, why give them both forms when they can just make them version exclusive? In general I think Game Freak is at a point where they want to stick with dual versions from now on because it's more money for the same amount of work.

The Shining Mew

A Mew that shines
I checked the 3DS eShop and I checked Nintendo and Pokemon's official Youtube, Facebook, and Twitter pages. Nothing. Not that I needed to because if there was some kind of video on the eShop hinting towards a new game, Nintendo would've posted it on one of the other sources I mentioned. eShop videos are meant to promote products, they put videos up there to convince you to buy the games. And the thing about advertisement is that if you want to promote a product, you have to get it out there as much as possible because the more places you can find an advertisement, the more people are aware of the product. So yeah, you're lying. If what you're saying was true we'd already know about it.

Putting both forms in one game would be a waste of potential for them, why give them both forms when they can just make them version exclusive? In general I think Game Freak is at a point where they want to stick with dual versions from now on because it's more money for the same amount of work.

Good point. I must agree that in terms of making the games a little more difficult, two games with version exclusives would be the better option. I'm just a fan of a third version in general. Who knows though? It could be anything! :)

Zygarde

Z-Dawg
Honestly, I think they'll make simple remakes of Red and Blue/Green with a bit of 3d treatment and that's it (for the 20th anniversary thing). They could do something awesome, like including new evolutions to Gen 1 Pokémon and give them some old school sprites, which would be awesome imo. Connectivity would be pretty nice too.

Leo33wii

wink wink
Honestly, I think they'll make simple remakes of Red and Blue/Green with a bit of 3d treatment and that's it (for the 20th anniversary thing). They could do something awesome, like including new evolutions to Gen 1 Pokémon and give them some old school sprites, which would be awesome imo. Connectivity would be pretty nice too.

Yeah I totally agree. But it would be awesome if they were drawn sprites in Ken Sugimori's old style. It's just a thought. Nothing more than that.
Anyway, I looked and looked, that's the only E3 trailer Nintendo has release, and that's a Nintendo Direct vid.

EpicIce2012

Aspiring Trainer
Why do people Beleive that Gen 1 games are going to be remade?
weve seen Kanto in 4 of the 6 gens
X/Y were extreme Kanto pandering. Birds, Mewtwo, Starters with Megas, Santalune forest being a 3D Viridian forest

the 10th anniversary passed, and we got Diamond and Pearl.

Honestly, if they were to celebrate the 20th anniversary they would celebrate ALL Generations rather than just the first. it has had plenty of attention in the past and recently.

Leo33wii

wink wink
Well, considering that Pocket Monsters Red version and Green version were the games launched the series into what it is. Pokemon is Satoshi Tajiri's baby. It was his concept that he made with game freak. After 2 games he stopped and handed it over. Pokemon Red and Blue (not just Kanto) is a very influential game. It holds nostalgia for a large generation of people.

I honestly think that the next generation of pokemon is going to be very similar to Red and Blue (as in layout and design). GameFreak and Ken Sugimori have heard the hatred on how new pokemon look complex. I think they're trying to go back to the roots by designing a game that is similar to Red and Blue yet being fresh and new.

Mitja

veteran smartass
GameFreak and Ken Sugimori have heard the hatred on how new pokemon look complex.

Hatred? What are you talking about??

And how are newer designs more complex than the old ones? There was always a broad spectrum of designs, some more simple (Oddish, Fletchling) some more complex (Gyarados, Tyrantrum), so what's that about?

DuoForce

Semi-Ace Trainer
Hatred? What are you talking about??

And how are newer designs more complex than the old ones? There was always a broad spectrum of designs, some more simple (Oddish, Fletchling) some more complex (Gyarados, Tyrantrum), so what's that about?
Basically the "Genwunners"

They formed near Gen 5 and only like generation 1. Each generation more of them come and I HATE THEM:mad:

The Shining Mew

A Mew that shines
Basically the "Genwunners"

They formed near Gen 5 and only like generation 1. Each generation more of them come and I HATE THEM:mad:

Ditto to that. (See what I did there...ha...?)

Anyhow, I really, really, really do not think there will be ANOTHER set of Gen 1 remakes. If they didn't celebrate Gen 1 on the 10th, then they're not gonna do it on the 20th. They would rather celebrate the series as a whole.

I really do not see what the whole appeal of Gen 1 is. Yeah sure, it started the whole franchise off, but keep in mind that the apparent most glorious games in the franchise are the glitch-heavy ones that had the worse sprite artwork, didn't have half of the things Pokémon games do today, and had some of the most plain Pokémon designs (Voltorb, Eevee, Diglett, etc.) The thing that irks me is that Gen 5 has some plain designs that are based off of inanimate objects, and it gets constant flack for it. But Gen 1 can do the same thing, but everything's all good, because they were the first games in the franchise, so they have to be perfect!