Jeremy O. (Malamar) vs Matthew O. (Toxicroak) Report

JeremyTCG

"OH NO, WATCH OUT WATCH OUT! RKO!"
Hey guys. Me and my brother had a 2 out of 3 battle, and here is the report.

Game 1

[Beginning]
Game 1 starts off with me having 3 mulligans, and my brother having zero. His active is his Trubbish, which he attaches a Mystery Energy to it, and places a Trubbish, Mew EX, and Mr Mime on his bench. As it's my turn, I get a Eevee, which I put on my bench while my Active Pokemon, Sneasel, recieves a Darkness Energy attached to it.

[Middle] During the middle of the game, Im winning with 4 prizes and he has a full, fresh, side of Prize Cards. He somehow manages to knock out my Victini - EX which I brought into play during Turn 12. Then, We're tied. Later on, I turn the tables again with 2 Prizes and he has 4, but then he takes out my Malamar - EX which I got in play during Turn 20.

[End] My brother wraps up by DESTROYING Flareon with a Triple Poison by Toxicroak - EX, and ends it off with a Meditite.

Game 2

[Beginning]
I get a fresh hand with a Malamar - EX and a Shaymin - EX, two of my stars. I start off with Malamar and he starts off with Meditite, which he goes first and attaches a Strong Energy and a Muscle Band. Then, he ends his turn.

[Middle] during the game, Im winning with 2 Prizes and he has 4. Later on he knocks out my Victini - EX with his Toxicroak - EX, and then takes those two prizes to Tie us up, I put in my Malamar - EX to start a clash.

[Ending] I knock out Toxicroak with my Malamar getting 3 heads in MAXamar, dealing 180 damage. My Opponent had his Triple Poison locked, and Malamar had a ton of Damage Counters on it.

Game 3

[Beginning]
We both get a mulligan, which then I go first, as I put my Malamar - EX, and he flips his card over to reveal Toxicroak - EX, I knew I was in for a beat. But I surprised my opponent by putting a Victini - EX onto my bench, and I attach Shrine of Memories, and attach a EXP Share to my Victini. After that, I discard for a Ultra Ball, which I get a Shaymin - EX, and I discard my cards with a Juniper, to get a fresh hand of Seven.

[Middle] We're both tied, 4 Prizes each. his Toxicroak instantly knocks out my Shaymin with a Sky Uppercut, and he takes his prize. I instantly put in my Flareon, and I use Revenge to deal 70 damage, enough to take out Toxicroak. It's there. 2 Prizes to 3. He puts in his Trubbish, and knocks out my Flareon! Im surprised, as we're tied.

[End] I SOMEHOW managed to draw a Max Revive, where I put my Malamar back to attach a Darkness Energy to activate Hyper Hypnosis, and make his Trubbish to sleep. as my Leafeon is in play, I Magical leaf it and get a heads, to deal 80 Damage and heal 30. As I take my prize, I see he puts his Mr Mime in play and his Mew - EX. as Skyarrow Bridge is in play, he attaches a Psychic Energy to Mr Mime, but forgets to switch. I switch in to my Malamar, and attach a Darkness Energy. His Mr Mime is put to sleep, and It results in 2 heads, dealing 120 Damage. as I take my last prize, im famished from playing from Day to Night.

Nice report! That 3 heads on MAXamar was pretty funny. XD It seemed like those were pretty close games.

Not trying to judge, but you and your brother's decks don't seem like they're too focused. Shaymin EX, Malamar EX and Victini EX are all different types. That's a few too many in my opinion. This guide may help you improve your deck building skills. :)

Nice report! That 3 heads on MAXamar was pretty funny. XD It seemed like those were pretty close games.

Not trying to judge, but you and your brother's decks don't seem like they're too focused. Shaymin EX, Malamar EX and Victini EX are all different types. That's a few too many in my opinion. This guide may help you improve your deck building skills. :)

Thanks for the feedback! I'll be sure to update you guys on a new deck I made, Rhyperior. Hopefully it'll be a bit more competitive, meta-game style :3

Back